Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
whiskey 17 is correct slapper at sea for 6 weeks i hear somerset going to charter a helicopter to fly him in off the ship and back if possable:D

No I'm not the truck driver with the trusty left foot. I'm a different vintage with less ability than young Nathan - I used to be better known for putting on a heavy tag some nights at the old Bay Rock rather than sporting prowess:D Good to see Housey had some team success this year:thumbsu:

yor not the alias chook muncher by any chance r you :rolleyes:

whiskey 17 is correct slapper at sea for 6 weeks i hear somerset going to charter a helicopter to fly him in off the ship and back if possable:D
Roos will struggle massively without Slapper maybe yjey could throw a dark horse in to the equation alah Big Bud or fast hands Turale, either way the Roos major weak link is their runner-wilson could not run out of sight on a dark night, in fact, he reminds me of the great Wazza Kaine in the running stakes-only too happy to spray the opposition rather than get the message out !

I was told by a South Burnie Player there are 5 to come back they are

Baldy Grey
Plil Swain
Troy Pile
Jason Raynor
Zane Clarke
and Leigh Wilkins who played seniors on saturday.

Good in's South Burnie Easy
Yes, appears that way, however anything could happen on the day, hope the weather holds out for the Association , players and spectators:rolleyes:

Yes, appears that way, however anything could happen on the day, hope the weather holds out for the Association , players and spectators:rolleyes:
Fine and 15 saturday best luck to all involved,great day all round sunday top meal top atmosphere,congrats to all the winners and runners up good close counts.:D

Correct slapper is at "sea" for 6 weeks , but the sea he is on is only the bass straight and he is on a ship that happens to dock in burnie this friday morning and it will dock again in burnie on sunday morning !. food for thought guys .

Correct slapper is at "sea" for 6 weeks , but the sea he is on is only the bass straight and he is on a ship that happens to dock in burnie this friday morning and it will dock again in burnie on sunday morning !. food for thought guys .
I will bet Baldy Grays hairy left nut that he will play on Saturday :p

I will bet Baldy Grays hairy left nut that he will play on Saturday :p

3 questions

does anyone know before south burnie on weekend , has there been a team finish on top and then go out in strait sets? team and year??

what are the key match ups for the game and where do you think both sides can win and lose.

Which means it will ship friday night and re-load saturday in Melbourne, leaving Melbourne Sat night. Whether he plays or not s'set have adapted with out a lot of their players not playing i.e. Gardam, Brown, French and probably a few more. I thought with kodey french injuring imself they would struggle, proven wrong thankfully.

Which means it will ship friday night and re-load saturday in Melbourne, leaving Melbourne Sat night. Whether he plays or not s'set have adapted with out a lot of their players not playing i.e. Gardam, Brown, French and probably a few more. I thought with kodey french injuring imself they would struggle, proven wrong thankfully.
Yep, fair point, he would have been handy but as you have correctly stated the Roo boys have had a sensational second half of the year with whoever has taken the field at that particular time.The game could really go down to the wire as the Roos can come from behind-bring it on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats also correct but a well informed little birdie is telling me slapper will stay in burnie friday and rejoin the ship on sunday or monday ( sunday layover in burnie ).

I guess we are just going to have to wait till saturday regarding if slapper is playing. I would think the coaching staff would know if he was playing or not. All I know is that it is going to be a great game of football and it is anyones game with both sides being deserving winners. :thumbsu: Go you Pies!!

I guess we are just going to have to wait till saturday regarding if slapper is playing. I would think the coaching staff would know if he was playing or not. All I know is that it is going to be a great game of football and it is anyones game with both sides being deserving winners. :thumbsu: Go you Pies!!
my tip is somerset will go in unchanged with the same side that beat south in the prelim go roos

could be a couple of changes in the ressies with turale and simon monson available also heard wilson ready to play if some toughness needed at the centre bounce dont think tim would be happy to loose his runner

my tip is somerset will go in unchanged with the same side that beat south in the prelim go roos
I hope that the PA is loud enough before the game to make all the changes with all the upteen players listed but are not actually playing for the sake of the paying, and non paying, patrons.Anyway, get off the Roos what about the Pies, will Deverall line up back or forward, will Suter start on a wing, Will Bangers come up, will it be Milo Joness last hurrah, will Heald wear the yellow boots,will Log O garey pass the searching fitness test(will struggle if it does not involve salt water), can the onballers at Magpie land maintain their high possession game one more time this year, will Moppa allow Duffy to raise the hairs on everyones back in a pre game speech as he did last year, so many ifs, buts and maybes as all the coulda beens, should bes and will bes "encourage" from the can bar, will somebody actually win the gate raffle and more to the point, will anybody actually check their ticket-bring it on:footy:

neither side giving too much away today in the paper as both teams naming big squads i love the ducks and drakes shit we will find out tomorrow who is in and who is out:D

U could bring Gary ablett over on the boat with him the pies are up and about mate and no slapper is goin to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back