Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace could be an issue for sure as the last two years we as an association have been found wanting but two ofthe NWFA prime movers in Freshney and Holland are in the ntfl and Couls did try last year with the inclusion of blokes like Burgess, Zed Clark, Nathan Russell and Josh Barry but was not enough.Mark King battled manfully in the ruck last year and was a deserving joint winner if the DFA MEDAL, shared with Brayden Field, but the year before Hambleton flogged Barnsey so the on ball brigade will have to fire to get it up to Baldy and the like.Couls will still match it with the NWFA on ballers

the booke who does write up is a bloody joke read sunday examiner. one sentance s/set won next they lost. if you are going to do it get it right:confused:

the booke who does write up is a bloody joke read sunday examiner. one sentance s/set won next they lost. if you are going to do it get it right:confused:
Certainly a challenge to read for sure, at least he is having a go and knowing the media, they probably mucked it up not the writer.Mouse Butler back at Ridgley once he has given his sign on fee back-anyone else heard this ?No real surprises at the weekend, didnt think it would take the Saints too long to get going.Yolla should win v Yeoman this week , convincingly I would think.Yolla with Heath at fullback, Woody everywhere plucking marks and Nash at full forward look the goods early to finish top3.Natone at home will push the Hawks but the hAWKS run off their backline will prevail but the Pies are very strong at home, young Baldock on the way to his second ton of goals in 3 years by the looks of it although will he face opposition this week from young Troy Pile coming in to the ones ? Dogs will struggle at Ridgley as their injuries hurting their structure in the Seniors at the moment and were beat pretty easy last week but as said Yolla going well at the moment.Interesting game at Queeny as we all know the Crows are stronger at home but the Roos did win down there for the first time in the ones last year, Roos need this one after dropping games to South and Natone-will Gardam play this week as he is coming in to a bit of form, Roos to win -just

Certainly a challenge to read for sure, at least he is having a go and knowing the media, they probably mucked it up not the writer.Mouse Butler back at Ridgley once he has given his sign on fee back-anyone else heard this ?No real surprises at the weekend, didnt think it would take the Saints too long to get going.Yolla should win v Yeoman this week , convincingly I would think.Yolla with Heath at fullback, Woody everywhere plucking marks and Nash at full forward look the goods early to finish top3.Natone at home will push the Hawks but the hAWKS run off their backline will prevail but the Pies are very strong at home, young Baldock on the way to his second ton of goals in 3 years by the looks of it although will he face opposition this week from young Troy Pile coming in to the ones ? Dogs will struggle at Ridgley as their injuries hurting their structure in the Seniors at the moment and were beat pretty easy last week but as said Yolla going well at the moment.Interesting game at Queeny as we all know the Crows are stronger at home but the Roos did win down there for the first time in the ones last year, Roos need this one after dropping games to South and Natone-will Gardam play this week as he is coming in to a bit of form, Roos to win -just

what makes u think gardam is coming in2 bit of form? got 3 kicks last week 2 of them soft free kicks. very unfit. natone will have crack at home 4 sure this week. 6 senior players out against somerset should get a few back 4 the big opening of the natone can bar!!! top 4 will be close this season looks like we are in 4 a good year in dfa

what makes u think gardam is coming in2 bit of form? got 3 kicks last week 2 of them soft free kicks. very unfit. natone will have crack at home 4 sure this week. 6 senior players out against somerset should get a few back 4 the big opening of the natone can bar!!! top 4 will be close this season looks like we are in 4 a good year in dfa
3 more than the week before therefore an improvement of 300 per cent hence coming in to form !

250 a game for someone who has really not done alot in his career coming from wynyard reserves,money not well spent.
I recall a bloke coming from the Burnie reserves to play with Somerset in 2008, Braydon field. He pretty much dominated and was one of the big reasons Somerset played in the grand final that year. Jye Gardam is a good player don't wright him off 4 games in... And don't always believe people are on as much as others say they are. Alot of the time it's a load of shit, Trust me I know!!

I recall a bloke coming from the Burnie reserves to play with Somerset in 2008, Braydon field. He pretty much dominated and was one of the big reasons Somerset played in the grand final that year. Jye Gardam is a good player don't wright him off 4 games in... And don't always believe people are on as much as others say they are. Alot of the time it's a load of shit, Trust me I know!!
Yep fair call Bear, in the bar is when all this stuff is spoke about and on here of course, interestingly, nearly always someone will actually say they are on more as to blow their own egos out and yes as stated previously it is an 18 game roster and those players alah Gardam and the like dropping back a level traditionally take time to settle in.The DFA is a strong comp now but most are struggling number wise but crowds are up

It should be agood game at Natone this weekend against Sth Burnie with the hawks going in as slight favourites. How do you guys think these two teams will match up on each other??

Yep fair call Bear, in the bar is when all this stuff is spoke about and on here of course, interestingly, nearly always someone will actually say they are on more as to blow their own egos out and yes as stated previously it is an 18 game roster and those players alah Gardam and the like dropping back a level traditionally take time to settle in.The DFA is a strong comp now but most are struggling number wise but crowds are up

Shocking call really, for starters the difference between the talent of burnie reserves to wynyard reserves that year was huge and if fieldsy was gettin 250 a game that year I'd be shocked and want a refund. U was getting most of the money that year bear wasn't you ? And also most people talk down there match payments so they don't look like overpaid fools when they play shit house the only people that talk it up are the tool shiners who won't people to think there guns.

Shocking call really, for starters the difference between the talent of burnie reserves to wynyard reserves that year was huge and if fieldsy was gettin 250 a game that year I'd be shocked and want a refund. U was getting most of the money that year bear wasn't you ? And also most people talk down there match payments so they don't look like overpaid fools when they play shit house the only people that talk it up are the tool shiners who won't people to think there guns.
That is what I was trying to say and I would be surprised if Fieldsy was on that amount, hence our argument as to what people actually get-out of that group that came to Somerset that year which included Adam Radford, Fieldsy, Mitch Bessell, Stallon, Josh Barry and the rest, Rohan Baldock was by far rhe best value in both performance and actually contributing off field, he can both talk the talk and walk the walk

Burnie reserves failed to make the finals in 2007, I'm pretty sure Wynyard 2's won the grand final last year and Jye Gardam won the medal for best on ground kicking 7. That's when real reputations are made mate. Being reserves or not the performance really counts in the crunch games not 3 weeks into the season. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house why not state your name so we can knock you for every bad game you may or may not of played?. Get real nobody knows how much any1 is on except for the player themselves and the committee!!

Burnie reserves failed to make the finals in 2007, I'm pretty sure Wynyard 2's won the grand final last year and Jye Gardam won the medal for best on ground kicking 7. That's when real reputations are made mate. Being reserves or not the performance really counts in the crunch games not 3 weeks into the season. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house why not state your name so we can knock you for every bad game you may or may not of played?. Get real nobody knows how much any1 is on except for the player themselves and the committee!!
Fair enough call bear just stating if that is the price you should of been coming from the ntfl seniors not reserves,but just my opinion.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on harshbutfair. Bear grills mate dunno if gardem is your boyfriend or wat but gardem getting paid 250 is a joke. In dfa only top liners should get close to that sort of money. Gardem is nothing close to a top liner haha have a think no matter wat the bloke played wynyard 2 s that is a poor effort cause they are a poor team. The wynyard seniors are not much chop at all and the bloke couldnt even get a game with wynyard seniors that says it alll really he cant be that good at all and 250 is laughable maybe timmy mac just wanted some friends there with him

Spot on harshbutfair. Bear grills mate dunno if gardem is your boyfriend or wat but gardem getting paid 250 is a joke. In dfa only top liners should get close to that sort of money. Gardem is nothing close to a top liner haha have a think no matter wat the bloke played wynyard 2 s that is a poor effort cause they are a poor team. The wynyard seniors are not much chop at all and the bloke couldnt even get a game with wynyard seniors that says it alll really he cant be that good at all and 250 is laughable maybe timmy mac just wanted some friends there with him
Mate the whole argument is that he prob isn't on $250 a game. Very few people in the Darwin are on that much! Woodridge, Davis and Coulson are probably the only players that would warrant that much coin. Would I pay $250 a game for him, No! but Gardem is a good player make no mistake about it, He was unlucky not to be playing seniors at Wynyard last year. Was in the best most weeks.! NTFL is a fair step up from the Darwin. The real figure would probably be more around the $100 mark and I'll bet my bottom dollar that come finals time he'll earn every cent!

Mate the whole argument is that he prob isn't on $250 a game. Very few people in the Darwin are on that much! Woodridge, Davis and Coulson are probably the only players that would warrant that much coin. Would I pay $250 a game for him, No! but Gardem is a good player make no mistake about it, He was unlucky not to be playing seniors at Wynyard last year. Was in the best most weeks.! NTFL is a fair step up from the Darwin. The real figure would probably be more around the $100 mark and I'll bet my bottom dollar that come finals time he'll earn every cent!
Hope he does do it infinals and not this week V the Dogs

didnt know there was a player called gardem at the roos

Anybody out there got some name for the DFA squad, letters went out to all concerned last week with the training dates, Davis looked pretty slow at the weekend, word is the selectors looking for speed and youth.Did Yolla have anyone out at the weekend as the difference between them and Yeoman was not that much in comparison to ladder positions.Natone still have Bangers to come back in so you would think they could be a bit better as a group a bit later on.Ridgley getting back to where they have been the last 3 years-Mouse back gives them a formidable forward line and the three Kings means they have some height on every line, the Dogs looked ok when going forward but did not win enough in the midfield to get it up to Macintosh and Dunn.You would think South would be way too good for Yeoman this week, Natone at Queeny will be a beauty.Yolla too strong at home for the Saints and The Roos too strong for the Dogs

Got some goalkickers and best players from the weekend in the Seniors roo, what happened to the results, Big Col still walking them around to the Queeny rooms :p

na the big fella been pretty sick moocher . there was a big streak of poo who played in the 2nds by the name of wilson . blast from the past:D

na the big fella been pretty sick moocher . there was a big streak of poo who played in the 2nds by the name of wilson . blast from the past:D
Hell, I want my money back for my Gold Pass Membership if Wilson Senior played-next thing Drunk Donaldson,Mark Havelburg(If he was to stop sooking about Richmond),Mally Saltmarsh,Rod Groom, the rest of the Johnstone boys,Hayden Blizzard and Graeme Shephard will be playing.Fair dinkum Timmy Mac , what is going on !I missed Peter Barden to play because of his horrific leg injury and Tim House because he works at the weekends !:footy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back