Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Imms former Docker and QAFL star to pull on the boots for South this year. Has great skills and footy nous but does get the fumbles sometimes! Good pick up 4 the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that a few players had left south and gone to yeoman is that true???:p:
Would be surprised although the grounds are very close together-South traditionally have great depth and there would be no massive reason for anyone to leave but Yeoman do need some experience as they have a relatively young squad, all a bit quiet at the moment, expect things to happen on the rumour mill as the season gets closer

I went out and watched the cuprona boys play a inter club practice match on wed night.They had 40 on the track they had a few new players playing for them a couple of tall boys played very well.( I didnt no who they were)
I heard that they have signed a bloke up by the name of kerry davison who kicked a 120 goals for forth in 2009 the year they won the premiership. Does anyone no him and is he any good.I am not sure if he played on wed night.

You could only hope for the coach,players,supportes and the darwin that the dogs improve in 2011.:thumbsu:

I went out and watched the cuprona boys play a inter club practice match on wed night.They had 40 on the track they had a few new players playing for them a couple of tall boys played very well.( I didnt no who they were)
I heard that they have signed a bloke up by the name of kerry davison who kicked a 120 goals for forth in 2009 the year they won the premiership. Does anyone no him and is he any good.I am not sure if he played on wed night.

You could only hope for the coach,players,supportes and the darwin that the dogs improve in 2011.:thumbsu:
One of the talls was Williams from Latrobe and he has been through the Mariners program.40 on the track is sensational for the dogs and the comp, yes Davison can play but the ball needs to be pumped in to the forward 50 arc a fair few more times than was for the Dogs last year to give the forwards some semblance of a chance.Is Johny Tut still out there as he and Jack Riley are their key on ballers who can now feed off Williams and the like in the ruck.What about Macintosh, will he continue to travel from New Norfolk and I have heard there is some doubt about both the brother in laws and outlaws in John Radford and the pacy Blair Kaine continuing on at the kennel?

the dogs will improve no one is saying they r going to be world beaters but they will test alot teams out this year with there new players and the old should be a good mix.

the dogs will improve no one is saying they r going to be world beaters but they will test alot teams out this year with there new players and the old should be a good mix.
Yep, should be more competitive for sure and would look to improve on the couple of wins from last year, good appointment thus far of Hamilton if numbers on the track is anything to go by

darwin forum gone terribly quiet since beargrills left the comp, a few sides exited and nervous i would say on what should be a very even comp this year my early prediction for ladder after home and away games are
NATONE
CUPRONA
SOMERSET
RIDGLEY
YOLLA
souths
yoeman
queeny
What do ya reckon

Chalky hopefully will play with the dogs in 2011 he did a good job Cuprona had no respect on or off the field he bought that back to a proud club who by the way turns 90 in 2011.
The committee has worked hard off the field and the rewards will come Jason Hamilton has bought new ideas and new values in a short period of time he was more than happy to sign for 2 years and the players they have recruited are quailty players blended with the youth Chalky bleed this year in Jai Wells Kyron Riley, Shannon Conroy Jesse Cruse, Daniel Frazer-Hazelwood etc and the Dogs are set to climb up the ladder no one is talking flags but they will not be easy beats anymore.

jesse cruse and daniel fraser cant be classed as good players cruse 2s player at best fraser ok in the ruck but is a big pansy with no great talent or skill.

darwin forum gone terribly quiet since beargrills left the comp, a few sides exited and nervous i would say on what should be a very even comp this year my early prediction for ladder after home and away games are
NATONE
CUPRONA
SOMERSET
RIDGLEY
YOLLA
souths
yoeman
queeny
What do ya reckon
Still here matey, Looking at that ladder I'd say you have no clue! Natone and Somerset would be pretty clear out front at this stage I think. Souths will finish higher then Cuprona I'd bet my bottom dollar on that!

Still here matey, Looking at that ladder I'd say you have no clue! Natone and Somerset would be pretty clear out front at this stage I think. Souths will finish higher then Cuprona I'd bet my bottom dollar on that!
Ridiculous to even think that South would not even make the 5.The five from last year would almost have to be similar this year with the actual positions in there subject to change.Yes, the dogs and Yeoman may improve but they have got a fair way to come back from and they will do weell this year to keep laying a solid base for future years.Anyway, no one will really know where anyone will likely finish until at least Round 9 and even then as Somerset last year showed, it does not matter where you start your finals campaign but counts where you finish.All this aside, lets all hope the combined side will be more competitive yet again v the NWFA.Any truth in the rumour that Grant Jackson is the "stand alone " coach as Frenchy is too busy this year with work at Mecca ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back