Darwin Football Association - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Darwin Football Association Part 2

Only being honest. As i said i would not play in the Darwin. Full of little bit players that never quite made the grade but hey theres nothing wrong with that until you galahs get on here and call them great players. As i said i will be busy when i retire on a Saturday polishing and washing all the goodies i collected through out my career.

Like what you toss? Remember at Yolla school when we use to call you gay boy and you'd cry to good old Mr Probert! You have ALWAYS been a whimp strett. Your the sort of bloke that I love to play on mate, soft, pretty and a front runner. You used fitness to hide in those good sides at Burnie. You would struggle getting a kick in the DFA cause somebody would Barry Hall yor ass! Same reason nobody sees you at the pub because you are shit frightened to go. Go home and look at all your ass-licked encouragement trophies you slimed out of Burnie and I'l look at my state jumpers and B&F's. Can I get an AMEN!:D:D:D

What happened to the U23 side?
NWFA too good on the day for both sides.It was unfortunate the result was that far in the Seniors however everyonr that played wanted to be there and had a dip-you can only work with what you are given, so well done Couls.NWFA had a fair bit more experience, lets look at who has played 20 or more senior games at a higher level in the teams.NWFA-Lowe,Holland,Lovatt,Flannery,Freshney,Good,Auton,Gallagher,Johns and maybe even the Shadbolts ?DFA-Grey,Coulson maybe Lette but I dont reckon, enough said.Also DFA still eligble for Under 23s but I could be wrong on a couple-Russell,Barry,A Butler,Field,Z Clark,thanks to McKenna and Lette as last minute inclusions.Also injuries in the first quarter to Aza, Mouse, Adam Walker and Temby did not help the cause.The boys only had 15 forward line 50 entries, interesting how blokes will miss this game but not club games ?Too many being a big fish in small ponds in this league, at least Chalky won the toss on Saturday !

well the reality is roos 08, in the end there were quite a few players that wore a rep guernsey that shouldn't of but the thing is the dfa still had to put a team on the park, i agree the tickets that a fair majority of the class players in the darwin have got on themselves is unbelievable heres some reasons for the 200 point loss:
*as mentioned on here previously, the geographical reasons, the nwfa being a central nw coast association and having those ntfl/tfl sides to feed off, and the darwin being predominantly burnie based association.
*the selfishness and financially driven motives of the better players in the darwin e.g if the players originally picked by couls had of been told hypothetically "you will be paid what your club pays you on a normal saturday and you will get a chance to shine on the big stage with the darwin winning by 200 points", everyone picked in the original squad would of played, barring serious injuries, but because they knew it would be hard day at the office they didn't want a part of it beacause they are only interested in themselves.
*people are saying it wasn't handled professionally enough by the coach ing staff in the selection phase, but couls knew who he wanted and he was anticipating a fair amount of commitment from the initial squad, from a squad of 36 you would expect to fill a 22 man side, it was only when everyone pulled out it become messy and that is no fault of couls's.
wearing a representative guernsey should be an honour, but the jumpers were getting handed out like hotcakes in the end because the dfa was desperate it should of never got to that stage.people are jumping on the bandwagon saying how poor a league the darwin is, but it's not an accurate assessment, something mick malthouse said when describing the cats against the pies is appropriate. "if geelong is at full strength and we are at full strength we still aren't going to beat them because they are better than us", that applies to the nwfa/dfa game, but the margin didn't have to be 200 points if some players grew some balls and knew how to play in team environment.
some of the guns of the comp need to take up an individual sport, golf, tennis or marbles?
Well said, the DFA will bounce back, well done to all players and coaches for having a crack for themselves and the Association and by the way for everyone having their two bits worth there seemed to be more support for the NWFA than our boys, vote or have your say with your feet in future those that think they know !

this is a bit harsh. Not only did i work on saturday i wasnt a %100 after last weeks game after big dougie frankcombe cleaned me up. if i was %100 i would of made myself available.
There would have been no room in the square Beej, what with Mouse, Chalky and Willy !

Like what you toss? Remember at Yolla school when we use to call you gay boy and you'd cry to good old Mr Probert! You have ALWAYS been a whimp strett. Your the sort of bloke that I love to play on mate, soft, pretty and a front runner. You used fitness to hide in those good sides at Burnie. You would struggle getting a kick in the DFA cause somebody would Barry Hall yor ass! Same reason nobody sees you at the pub because you are shit frightened to go. Go home and look at all your ass-licked encouragement trophies you slimed out of Burnie and I'l look at my state jumpers and B&F's. Can I get an AMEN!:D:D:D
Ame, Amen, Amen and Amen !

Yea i struggled to get a B&F i was to much a team player. I slip a quick handball out or run a player down so when he coughed the ball up someone else would look good running away with it. Id block and take someone out for my team mate. When i played it was all about the team. Very happy that i was able to play for 1 club for a number of years and not have to worry about moving from team to team and in some cases for players comp to comp. Loyality is a big thing for me and its something i am very proud of.

Only being honest. As i said i would not play in the Darwin. Full of little bit players that never quite made the grade but hey theres nothing wrong with that until you galahs get on here and call them great players. As i said i will be busy when i retire on a Saturday polishing and washing all the goodies i collected through out my career.
I would say Milo Jones, Kurt Harnett and Leigh Heath all have done more for and at the BFC than you.

Why some people feel the need to get on here and talk shit about the rep side, and the quality of the DFA, when they know little to nothing about it, is beyond me..

Everyone has a different motivation for playing football, many to play with quality people, and to enjoy themselves.. We have had ex afl draftees, ex state league players, plenty of ex NTFL players, of all ages, running around in the competition..

No one is kidding themselves and claiming the DFA to be top league, it is a lower league, one of the lowest in Tas no doubt but there are still quality players throughout, everyone loves the game and the mates they play with..

I would rather play each week with a good group of guys, and mates, despite their football ability, and enjoy it, than to play with big heads too concerned about polishing their 'goodies'..

If you think the DFA is such a shit league, with no good players, why take such interest in it?.. why waste your time to log on here, read through peoples comments, and string a few sententences together yourself?..

Yea i struggled to get a B&F i was to much a team player. I slip a quick handball out or run a player down so when he coughed the ball up someone else would look good running away with it. Id block and take someone out for my team mate. When i played it was all about the team. Very happy that i was able to play for 1 club for a number of years and not have to worry about moving from team to team and in some cases for players comp to comp. Loyality is a big thing for me and its something i am very proud of.

Team man? mate you never could get a kick in a karate fight! If you played any wider, you'd be paying to het back in the gate!:D:D And as for you bagging players out, you didnt mind kissing BJ's ass when he use to get the hard ball out to you by yourself back in the day.... You wouldn't lay a block on me cause i'd put you to the ground soooo hard you'd be waking up with the Penguins on west beach!:D:D Get over yourself mate, I know the DFA isnt much chop either but a bloke like bagging is borderline insane:thumbsdown:

Team man? mate you never could get a kick in a karate fight! If you played any wider, you'd be paying to het back in the gate!:D:D And as for you bagging players out, you didnt mind kissing BJ's ass when he use to get the hard ball out to you by yourself back in the day.... You wouldn't lay a block on me cause i'd put you to the ground soooo hard you'd be waking up with the Penguins on west beach!:D:D Get over yourself mate, I know the DFA isnt much chop either but a bloke like you bagging is borderline insane:thumbsdown:

Team man? mate you never could get a kick in a karate fight! If you played any wider, you'd be paying to het back in the gate!:D:D And as for you bagging players out, you didnt mind kissing BJ's ass when he use to get the hard ball out to you by yourself back in the day.... You wouldn't lay a block on me cause i'd put you to the ground soooo hard you'd be waking up with the Penguins on west beach!:D:D Get over yourself mate, I know the DFA isnt much chop either but a bloke like you bagging is borderline insane:thumbsdown:
Cough the ball up, turnover Stretton they used to call you, were not even allowed to kick out or be anywhere near the backline at the end of your career, the only hard ball number 39 got was the day Chalky had a lend of your jumper at Wynyard a couple of years ago so they tell me !By the way with a bit of tit for tat about the DFA game today , very well done to Mark King and Brayden Field on their tie for the Parker medal ? as Darwins best

Why some people feel the need to get on here and talk shit about the rep side, and the quality of the DFA, when they know little to nothing about it, is beyond me..

Everyone has a different motivation for playing football, many to play with quality people, and to enjoy themselves.. We have had ex afl draftees, ex state league players, plenty of ex NTFL players, of all ages, running around in the competition..

No one is kidding themselves and claiming the DFA to be top league, it is a lower league, one of the lowest in Tas no doubt but there are still quality players throughout, everyone loves the game and the mates they play with..

I would rather play each week with a good group of guys, and mates, despite their football ability, and enjoy it, than to play with big heads too concerned about polishing their 'goodies'..

If you think the DFA is such a shit league, with no good players, why take such interest in it?.. why waste your time to log on here, read through peoples comments, and string a few sententences together yourself?..
Too true, there is actually a couple or a few even, players running around in the DFA THAT PLAYED AT HIGHER VLEVELS when it in fact was a higher level and good on them for putting back in with a bit of passion, who is Docker 5 anyway, I reckon when he played opponents would have said the same thing,Who are you ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too right , I would like someone to tell Trevor Snooks, Warren Parker, Barry Walker, Rex Frankcombe, Jake Robertson,Tim Hodgetts and all the volunteers in the league at Club Level that it is a shit league !

hey dont kid yourself mate. good to see your proud of your accomplishments but hey **** its not the be all and end all. ntfl is mini league compared to afl and real mens footy was in the 70 and 80 when u were shitting your nappy still. i have premiership medals too but all the mates i have made from the footy club is the real deal. not the ego u have gained from winning yours.
Dont tell too many I agree with you Buddyhawk !

Would find it very hard to get motivated to play in a comp like this. Unlike some money is not the be all and end all. I like to be able to get something out of the hours i put into training. Thats just me.When i retire i could spend all day Saturday polishing the 7 premiership medals i have been involved in or wash the 4 NTFL jumpers i earnt in the days when football was a real mans game.

hey dont kid yourself. glad to see your proud of your acheivements but real mens football was in the 70s and 80s when u was still shitting your nappy. i have preimership medals too but the the mates i have made is worth much more then the ego that has come with yours. get on the ntfl or statewide forum and i bet people think your a nobody just like we do

Let's all get back on track and stop taking pot shots at everyone.

A few good games this week

Cuprona host the Crows in what may be a tight match

We host the rapidly improving Yeoman boys

South host the roos in what should be match of the round

The Yolla boys host Natone, in what will also be a corker

Good luck to everyone this week

Surely this is someone taking the piss out of strett, no one loves themselves as much as Docker5, or do they, I have heard Strett is a knob but surely not this much of a knob!

Thats good news. Lets stop this talk of players in the DFA being jets etc. The truth is that there are no good players in the comp. They are there because they can't cut it at the levels above including the NTFL. That performance on Sat was a blight on all the people that play football at this end of the coast. The DFA is only in front of the Leven in footy comps in Tassy at the moment. Thats the truth.
i can remember a couple years ago when i was playing at burnie when rod keough coached when a fair few young ppl who are playing dfa now got in the senior side and played well fair enough it wasnt a good year for burnie that year but you rekon u are gods gift to football why did u get dropped infront of moast of those young boys?its because your soft and only play well in a good side when the ball gets fed to u i can still remember your face when your name wasnt called out in the ones one of the best things i can remember about bein at the dockers i honestly thought u were going to cry!

Hope the weather holds off especially for our boys, those dirty ol backmen, most notably Baldy Gray, have been known to do a rain dance or two to stop the marking of thr Roos key forwards !Cuprona and Queeny should be a beauty and the Sainters depth will be tested with their injuries from the combined game, still a pretty even comp contrerary to some of the results thus far

Surely this is someone taking the piss out of strett, no one loves themselves as much as Docker5, or do they, I have heard Strett is a knob but surely not this much of a knob!
Srett and Milney go head to head in supplying cricket wickets dont they ?

i can remember a couple years ago when i was playing at burnie when rod keough coached when a fair few young ppl who are playing dfa now got in the senior side and played well fair enough it wasnt a good year for burnie that year but you rekon u are gods gift to football why did u get dropped infront of moast of those young boys?its because your soft and only play well in a good side when the ball gets fed to u i can still remember your face when your name wasnt called out in the ones one of the best things i can remember about bein at the dockers i honestly thought u were going to cry!

Boys if you seriously think Docker 5 is stret, then someone has sucked you guys in well and truly, i think his dad's business actually sponsors a few teams so i don't think he would be that dumb. And for the boys taking pot shots at him, i know he's no saint and comes across as a bit of pompas ass but in his day he was far from soft. I seen him put his head over the onion on more than one occassion so ease up. Probably the same as the person going by BJ Miller, i hardly think thats him. So chill boys.

Mate im not doubting stretts ability back in 02,03,04 he was a good full back but he is way past it now. Docker5 is strett i have that on good info. I have nothin against the bloke just dont think its apropriate that he big notes himself on here

docker5 is stretton! and bjmiller is bj! i know i rattle a few chains on here too, but only when dipshits talk rubbish about DFA being a good career and rot like that it is close enough to NTFL. Why dont you all talk football for a change so i can actually catch up with my mates i miss playing with;) But in all seriousness boys, anyone who seriously thinks strett is and was a good player has lost all my respect! He big noted himself all his life, even in B Grade cricket at Yolla! I cant count how many times i saw him cry watching the cricketball sail over the scoreboard! Enough on strett now, he would be in the shed with some rope nearly!:D:D:D

Cracking idea Des :thumbsu:
Queenstown to win by 4 points in a heart-breaker for Cuprona, Ridgley by 60 despite their injuries, Somerset by 16 and Natone by 38.

docker5 is stretton! and bjmiller is bj! i know i rattle a few chains on here too, but only when dipshits talk rubbish about DFA being a good career and rot like that it is close enough to NTFL. Why dont you all talk football for a change so i can actually catch up with my mates i miss playing with;) But in all seriousness boys, anyone who seriously thinks strett is and was a good player has lost all my respect! He big noted himself all his life, even in B Grade cricket at Yolla! I cant count how many times i saw him cry watching the cricketball sail over the scoreboard! Enough on strett now, he would be in the shed with some rope nearly!:D:D:D

Yeah you do like to rattle a few chains on here but i'll give credit where it's due - a few of your recent posts have been hilarious :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Darwin Football Association - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back