Darwin Football Association - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Darwin Football Association Part 2

When I was thinking today about all the recruits that are coming to the Darwin League next year and all the one's that are linked to a move you would think that the DFA will be a huge chance to take back some respect in the rep game! Davis, Stretton, Butler, Collo, Wilson, Archer, Gouno, Potsy, Woody to go along with the Fisher's, Coulson, Youngy, Moppa, Mouse, Stubbsy, Nashy, Roudy, Slappa, Jonesy, Chalky and Fields, Sounds like a pretty good line up to me. Also Dont forget the NWFA will lose Holland, Freshny and Viney. If all these players play the DFA will smash them!

hope so, we cldnt go any worse than last yer,i remember when the darwin smashed the nwfa about ten yers ago, could happen again.

I think that we will be hard to beat at HAWK LAND with Davis, Stretton, Braz, Collo and anyone else who jumps on board for next season. I havent heard if we have lost any players from this year yet. The only thing we are lacking is someone who can kick 50-60 goals so if we get Baldy that would be great for the club.:p

I do think that Yolla will be a very good side aswell.

Is stretton are certainty at south? if so yep the hawks will be very strong in 2010. Baldock? sureley he will stay at wynyard after 1 year, heard they more than looked after him for his 6 or 7 games. which braz are you talking about.

Is stretton are certainty at south? if so yep the hawks will be very strong in 2010. Baldock? sureley he will stay at wynyard after 1 year, heard they more than looked after him for his 6 or 7 games. which braz are you talking about.
Stop talking about Baldy going anywhere, he will definately be at Wynyard , Strett "supposedly" at South but maybe have to wait till first game to be sure to be sure .I assume Braz would be Shaun who will be lucky to get a clearance as he still owes Cuprona and the Darwin money after his outburst at the tribunal.

hope so, we cldnt go any worse than last yer,i remember when the darwin smashed the nwfa about ten yers ago, could happen again.
Yep, I hope the result will be closer this year than last, does anybody out there in Forum Land know when the DFA Roster will be out ?

Yep, I hope the result will be closer this year than last, does anybody out there in Forum Land know when the DFA Roster will be out ?

I think :confused: they are still deciding if to increase roster games from 14 to 18 games. So I think it will be a while yet.

Nope, not a done deal yet according to my sources, a couple of things happened at the AGM to his dislike apparently-including the financial report !
the same chalky, that some years ago, bet a man named darky, that he couldnt get him out in six balls? he threw up a sleeper, 3rd ball, the bearded one took a swish, and was bowled. still has'nt payed the bet

I see in the paper today that my beloved south burnie have named there coaching staff for the 2010 season. How many coaching staff does a club need (heaps by the looks of it.):p

I see in the paper today that somerset are starting training next week have they got a coach yet if not who will take pre-season training until they get one.:footy:

Stop talking about Baldy going anywhere, he will definately be at Wynyard , Strett "supposedly" at South but maybe have to wait till first game to be sure to be sure .I assume Braz would be Shaun who will be lucky to get a clearance as he still owes Cuprona and the Darwin money after his outburst at the tribunal.

Moocher , reading your comment above on Baldy I would have thought you were pretty spot on but spoke to a very surprised and dejected Wynyard coach today that told me that Baldy sent him a text message this morning that he was playing at South Burnie next year !!!. More dissapointed than upset, told me the club looked after him pretty well last year. Not downing the Darwin standard by any means but Baldy has the talent to make it at NTFL or Statewide standard. His choice at the end of the day and if he does go to South well done to them, great recruiting.

Moocher , reading your comment above on Baldy I would have thought you were pretty spot on but spoke to a very surprised and dejected Wynyard coach today that told me that Baldy sent him a text message this morning that he was playing at South Burnie next year !!!. More dissapointed than upset, told me the club looked after him pretty well last year. Not downing the Darwin standard by any means but Baldy has the talent to make it at NTFL or Statewide standard. His choice at the end of the day and if he does go to South well done to them, great recruiting.
To young with to much talent to waste in darwin yet to my thinking,or maybe he's chasing a flag.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see in the paper today that somerset are starting training next week have they got a coach yet if not who will take pre-season training until they get one.:footy:

Johnno was going to get the ball rolling but was having a beer there yesterday and Tim macmichael has signed on as coach and has asked johnno to be his assistant all reports johnno accepted and another assistant will be named shortly.

Johnno was going to get the ball rolling but was having a beer there yesterday and Tim macmichael has signed on as coach and has asked johnno to be his assistant all reports johnno accepted and another assistant will be named shortly.
timmy mac signed sealed and delivered as roos coach for 2010 spoke with him at the club yesterday and hes is keen to take the roos to a flag has some very good players coming with him from all reports:thumbsu:

congrats to somerset on getting a great player ,person as coach for next year.

does baldy need a clearance from somerset to go south.

timmy mac signed sealed and delivered as roos coach for 2010 spoke with him at the club yesterday and hes is keen to take the roos to a flag has some very good players coming with him from all reports:thumbsu:

The roos will def tighten in the pship odds with this news i would think,good reputation as a player and will likely bring a few players with him, if the roos can hold onto a few of the younger guys who were rumoured to be leaving, then yes the roos will be pushing the likes of south,ridg,nat and yolla dont worry about that.

One thing tho,will timmy mac be asking whish to be joining him there :D

congrats to somerset on getting a great player ,person as coach for next year.

does baldy need a clearance from somerset to go south.

No hes officially a Wynyard player,not a somerset player :confused:

Maybe Baldy might be getting one to somerset?????:eek: scary thought if he did,if the other twin tower stayed at Langley as well.

No hes officially a Wynyard player,not a somerset player :confused:

Maybe Baldy might be getting one to somerset?????:eek: scary thought if he did,if the other twin tower stayed at Langley as well.
Apparently Chalky told Cuprona the only reason he would stay at Langley was if they secured a quality Coach and were to realistically have a tilt at the big one, have they done this now with Timmy Mac ?Timmy to have a meeting with Chalky tonight which might not be good for the other twin tower especially if Timmy wants him to train or even run a lap and not turn up till 7pm but he is still the DFA skipper !

Apparently Chalky told Cuprona the only reason he would stay at Langley was if they secured a quality Coach and were to realistically have a tilt at the big one, have they done this now with Timmy Mac ?Timmy to have a meeting with Chalky tonight which might not be good for the other twin tower especially if Timmy wants him to train or even run a lap and not turn up till 7pm but he is still the DFA skipper !

Either he wants to coach or not? hope Cuprona havent been bankin on him as they may fold if he doesnt.

Either he wants to coach or not? hope Cuprona havent been bankin on him as they may fold if he doesnt.
He may further his Coaching aspirations under a person like Tim who has played at the highest level in Tassie at the time as in the Devils and has played in 3 Premierships at Burnie when the comp was a fair bit better in the NTFL than it is now.Maybe Timmy may want his experience but if not at least he has another iron in the fire and not the one that went through the Heybridge clubrooms , any way if he does take the Dogs on, good on him as noone else is prepared to

hope Cuprona havent been bankin on him as they may fold if he doesnt.

I heard that the cuprona football club havent looked else where because i heard that chalkly had told people from the club that he was intrested before the dfa season had even finished. I dont think they will fold some one would coach before that happend to the club.:thumbsu:

He may further his Coaching aspirations under a person like Tim who has played at the highest level in Tassie at the time as in the Devils and has played in 3 Premierships at Burnie when the comp was a fair bit better in the NTFL than it is now.Maybe Timmy may want his experience but if not at least he has another iron in the fire and not the one that went through the Heybridge clubrooms , any way if he does take the Dogs on, good on him as noone else is prepared to
its great to see tim on board at roo land. all the hard work lasty and his men have done is bloody great. also johno has done a lot of work .:thumbsu:

if chalky does take the dogs job on who will take training over the pre-season as chalky is right into his cricket or has he got an assistant coach to take training.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Darwin Football Association - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back