Darwin Football Association - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Darwin Football Association Part 2

This would have to be some of the funniest sh*t i have ever heard. Telling people what they want to hear!!!!! Or telling people stuff so they talk about you, if you wanted people off your back, you would tell them the truth and not give them more to talk about. As for the gym memberships, imagine if 30 of your squad all requested on. I'm sure the club would love that bill at $500 bucks a pop. Do the math, the club would be better buying their own equipment.

Still i don't have a problem if he wants to play under his brother in law. He's no world beater though, they should just give Mitch 6x 1kg tubs Musashi Protein shakes and just tell him to drink them instead of beer :thumbsu:

Your not going to have thirty blokes at a Darwin club ask for gym memberships and you would only give them to blokes who you new would use them.
Depends which gym you are talking about to. The new one up at the uni is cheap apparently. You should be able to tell us how much a health glo one is though

Doesnt aaron butler live with garry young aswell thats probably another reason he has come out to south.
very good pick up for our club one of the best backmen in the comp.
aaron would be happy to play at south at least he wont get 10 goals kicked on him by baldy ( only in practice games at training) ha ha. :thumbsu:

I went up through marist on monday night to see what sort of numbers the cuprona boys had at training.I only seen 4 players on the bottom oval that is not real good considering other clubs are getting 20 odd players to training. I didnt see chalky down there so i dont no who is taking training why he is not there.
All you hear from people is that chalky is only there for the money lets hope for the dogs players and there supportes that he is there to recruit players and win games thats why he is on the big bucks.
If he is only worried about the money that is not very good for a club that hasnt got any and if he is not willing to recruit players how are they going to win games.
( I think it is going to be another long year for the dogs):footy:

From what ive heard all their decent players (even though undisciplined) re Braslin,Bloom,Wall,Townsend,DeVries,Kaine to name a few arent going to be there,So if chalky isnt recruiting anyone to cover these losses how are Cuprona meant to be competitive???

The dogs cant expect Jack Riley to win games by himself full credit to the guy for sticking it out at a club thats had minimal success lets hope a few other decent players take a leaf out of his book and stay loyal to the dogs next year :thumbsu:

I went up through marist on monday night to see what sort of numbers the cuprona boys had at training.I only seen 4 players on the bottom oval that is not real good considering other clubs are getting 20 odd players to training. I didnt see chalky down there so i dont no who is taking training why he is not there.
All you hear from people is that chalky is only there for the money lets hope for the dogs players and there supportes that he is there to recruit players and win games thats why he is on the big bucks.
If he is only worried about the money that is not very good for a club that hasnt got any and if he is not willing to recruit players how are they going to win games.
( I think it is going to be another long year for the dogs):footy:

From what ive heard all their decent players (even though undisciplined) re Braslin,Bloom,Wall,Townsend,DeVries,Kaine to name a few arent going to be there,So if chalky isnt recruiting anyone to cover these losses how are Cuprona meant to be competitive???
Think you'll find Chalky took the job because he seen it as a good opportunity to start off his coaching and is keen to clean out some of the 'Dead wood' at the club. I think 2010 will be more about starting to get the club financial again and moving forward instead of backwoods. Which will all help to installing a winning culture again in the future! Those that think he is only there for the money are wrong. Whats the point of going out recruiting 4 or 5 good players for 2010 spending 10k to do so when they need about 20 new players to give the top teams a shake this year anyway. Keep the money for next year and have a real crack at it then I say. Instead of wasting it again this year on average players who dont give a shit bout the club and will prob only finish 5th at best anyway! But thats just my opinion and it's probably the wrong 1 anyway lol. And as for me kicking 10 on Azza Butler it would never happen, He's a class act and I'm glad he's on my team this year rather than against me lol:thumbsu:

They will not be competive on field as they have and are sorting all the off field stuff that Chalky and the new committee inherited from the people that bailed on the Club last year.Jack Riley is one of the assistant coaches and is taking training till Chalky finishes cricket and that was part of the stipulation in him coaching.I didnt realise the season was starting today ?Cuprona will not make the 5 and neither will Yeoman or Queeny so why flog a dead horse, season does not start till April

Havent been competive for a couple of years now but at least the Club will be a decent place to be around this year

Some very good points but in all honesty how hard is it going to be to recruit players in 2011 after potentially finishing bottom (winless) and struggling for numbers in 2010?? I think its great Chalky is trying to change the culture of the club (long overdue) and I do not feel he is in it for the money as in my opinion he has the hardest job in the DFA next year!!

the yomen girls teem is getting more to training than the boys are
if they have a girls vs boys game during the year it could be intaristing

hey peoples been talking to a few people the last couple of weeks and its good to see the hype about our club. yes we have recruited well but that doesnt mean we have won it like some have said. season hasnt started and yes i hope we can win it but there is long way to go yet. good luck to everyone this season and i hope we can keep moving forward. cheers

Your not going to have thirty blokes at a Darwin club ask for gym memberships and you would only give them to blokes who you new would use them.
Depends which gym you are talking about to. The new one up at the uni is cheap apparently. You should be able to tell us how much a health glo one is though
If anybody needs a Gym membership its Des!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they neva will be competive if the coach doesnt recruit chalky err i mean moocher
Maybe you should be in Chalkys shoes and listen to what potential players think about Cuprona when he rings and asks them, and there is some coin available to decent blokes that can play a little bit but most people want to stay in their comfort zone, take , take and take and not accept a challenge , anyway Chalky will be able to flog plenty of the new jumpers as they will not have enough to fill them !My boys at Langley are going ok by the looks of it

Maybe you should be in Chalkys shoes and listen to what potential players think about Cuprona when he rings and asks them, and there is some coin available to decent blokes that can play a little bit but most people want to stay in their comfort zone, take , take and take and not accept a challenge , anyway Chalky will be able to flog plenty of the new jumpers as they will not have enough to fill them !My boys at Langley are going ok by the looks of it
we are all darwin supporters and as a league we cannot afford to have clubs fold we all need to support cuprona in fielding two teams as we all remember what happened when myalla folded and now its looks as if circular comp has lost two of its five teams. i take the piss on this forum like everyone else does but this is a serious matter.

we are all darwin supporters and as a league we cannot afford to have clubs fold we all need to support cuprona in fielding two teams as we all remember what happened when myalla folded and now its looks as if circular comp has lost two of its five teams. i take the piss on this forum like everyone else does but this is a serious matter.
The Dogs will be ok, those that have committed are prepared to double up if needed although I am concerned about the "pace" in their forward line with big Gazza Newton and Chalky !

The Dogs will be ok, those that have committed are prepared to double up if needed although I am concerned about the "pace" in their forward line with big Gazza Newton and Chalky !
the word is chalky is close to signing a guy from country vic, think his name is darky blacklock, or something like that. supposed to be a gun chf

The doggies just need to hang in there while they rebuild. Bit like West Ulvie in the NWFA , getting flogged every week and doubling up every week but they hung in there and stuck with their young players and their " loyals " and after a few years of pain they played finals footy last season and had adequate players to fill 2 teams. Uphill battle but it can be done.Don't need any more teams in any comp falling over. Sounds like chalky and foes are in for the long haul . Need to remember the big wheel in footy turns quick and you my be up the top now but you will hit the bottom again soon so Don't disrespect those at the bottom of the ladder it may be your club sooner than you think !!!. Keep those Doggie chins up !.

the word is chalky is close to signing a guy from country vic, think his name is darky blacklock, or something like that. supposed to be a gun chf
Yep word is "young" Blacklock trained with Geelong but had a few problems with the property steward but went to Grovedale to mentor a young David Mensch.Can play but lazy so the Dogs do not have to find him a job and is a poor drinker so he will come pretty cheap. watch this space

Yep word is "young" Blacklock trained with Geelong but had a few problems with the property steward but went to Grovedale to mentor a young David Mensch.Can play but lazy so the Dogs do not have to find him a job and is a poor drinker so he will come pretty cheap. watch this space

How old is he??

haha gold:thumbsu:

Righto righto, it's time for you d*ckheads to stop talking about Chalky!!! If i had a dollar for everytime his name was mentioned on this site, i would have 1023 dollars. Lets hope for f*ck sakes that all clubs are competitive for the good of the Darwin. At the end of the day, the comp is sh*t, most players that play in it are average at best, i'm sick of hearing the word gun used on this forum, stop talking crap and just say he is competitive and has a dip, "THERE AIN'T NO GUNS IN THE COMP"! And if you think there are, your kidding yourself, there is a reason they don't play at a higher level, either their big heads and like being talked up in a average comp, or their too sh*t scared to try cause they no they might or will fail!!!

Kurt Young and Ben Hayes are coaching in the comp for f*cks sake, who are they again? But i'm sure i will hear on this forum soon that they are super coach's and bound for the AFL!

Righto righto, it's time for you d*ckheads to stop talking about Chalky!!! If i had a dollar for everytime his name was mentioned on this site, i would have 1023 dollars. Lets hope for f*ck sakes that all clubs are competitive for the good of the Darwin. At the end of the day, the comp is sh*t, most players that play in it are average at best, i'm sick of hearing the word gun used on this forum, stop talking crap and just say he is competitive and has a dip, "THERE AIN'T NO GUNS IN THE COMP"! And if you think there are, your kidding yourself, there is a reason they don't play at a higher level, either their big heads and like being talked up in a average comp, or their too sh*t scared to try cause they no they might or will fail!!!

Kurt Young and Ben Hayes are coaching in the comp for f*cks sake, who are they again? But i'm sure i will hear on this forum soon that they are super coach's and bound for the AFL!
Timmy Mac played for Tasmania, Brad Davis still the best ruckman in the state, Both him and Rat Hering although in the twilight of there careers now got drafted, Craig Stretton and Mathew Woodridge both won multiple Flags with the Burnie Dockers,... So there may be 3 or 4 guns kicking about. Not playing at the highest level doesn't automaticly make you a terrible footballer. As some people like to put it you have wasted or are wasting your tallents. Maverick Weller, Luke Russell, Luke Shakleton, Jesse Wells, Andrew Lee all played in the under 17 comp that the DFA started and they all went on to get drafted. Adam Robinson now playing in the QAFL for a top side played Darwin for a while. So all in all it might not be the best comp but there are a few guns that run around in the DFA from time to time.

mate your the only gun on here. u have put yourself in it and people are gunna line up to fire it. not everyone has time to play at the higher level due to work and family commitments so yes they are gun players in this comp that should play higher levels but cant. some are at the wrong age and a quality life and a bit time with the wife and kids take a priority. they still get to play this game we all love but it doesnt cut so much into there spare time playing in this league eg training and travel. the players the teams have picked up should lift the standard of the league and for some having a kick with a few mates and a bit less commitment draws them to this league. so all in all if u think this league is crap go pull yourself some where else and leave us alone to enjoy the footy league we love

ah ringading,i happen to know for a fact that you considered lowering your standards and playing country before.:D

anyway was sipping a few sherbets at the cricket club today and heard that jarrod butler is playing for castra of all teams in 2010,could this be true? the saints might come back to the pack a bit with a bit of luck:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Darwin Football Association - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back