David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

-Ken is a successful coach who just hasn’t happened to make a grand final (lol)
-If we keep making finals we will eventually get lucky enough to win a premiership (lol)

uwotm8?

So in summary, sounds like Koch said Ken has a contract for next year (technically correct) but didn’t say he will definitely be coaching next year.
Honestly, short of a surprise 8:30am Wednesday morning on 5AA sacking which was never gonna happen, the best (or least bad) we could've hoped for.

He certainly could have been a lot more emphatic with his comments on Ken. I mean, he could have gone all August 2022 when he said on 7 News that Ken was staying at Port and would definitely be the coach in 2023. Instead he simply said he was contracted for next season.

He certainly could have been a lot more emphatic with his comments on Ken. I mean, he could have gone all August 2022 when he said on 7 News that Ken was staying at Port and would definitely be the coach in 2023. Instead he simply said he was contracted for next season.
That’s usually the answer you get from any player or coach that’s on the way out the door 🤞

Actions will speak louder than words in this instance. Let's see how it plays out.

Definitely, but usually David's words are emphatic to the point of providing no wiggle room for the real decision makers to actually make a decision. In this case, there's plenty of space to let the footy grown ups do their jobs.

Basically…

-Ken has a contract for next year
-Coach exit meetings will happen late this week/early next week
-Ken is a successful coach who just hasn’t happened to make a grand final (lol)
-If we keep making finals we will eventually get lucky enough to win a premiership (lol)
-We were the youngest side in finals
He somehow missed the bit about the home debacles of the last three finals campaigns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the argument David is running as he did 5 years ago, our list is young.

Why doesn’t our list get older David? Maybe if it did we’d take that next step to a GF

I like the argument David is running as he did 5 years ago, our list is young.

Why doesn’t our list get older David? Maybe if it did we’d take that next step to a GF

That's what I like about port Adelaide lists I keep gettin older and they just stay the same age huh huh yes they do, yes they do

Remove this Banner Ad

David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back