Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:
Last week a mate of mine over here didn't know who David Mackay was after I was bitching about him still getting games - I told him he's only played 230 AFL games and he legit thought I was making it all up because he'd "surely know anyone who had played that many games"

I guess he'll know who he is now

This is Mackays legacy. This is his moment. David will forever be known as the man who didnt break any rules but got 3 weeks, and altered the game forever
The MacKay precedent.

Suspension due to causing physical harm to the extent the other player left the ground and will miss games due to the injury inflicted by an otherwise fair Football collision.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The AFL have to think about if this exact incident occurred in a preliminary final which it may well do as people are trying to win at all costs if they are comfortable suspending a player for a Grand Final for going for the ball and the consequence is an opposition player is hurt.

The hurt players team wins he misses the GF through injury
The non hurt player's team wins if found not guilty would play

Would they suspended a player without question if his team lost the prelim but wouldn't if his team did make the GF?

They need to make it black and white no matter the outcome of the game. Do people think Cotchin would have been suspended if GWS won that Preliminary final and Shiels had to miss the grandfinal through concussion? I bet they would have

The AFL have to think about if this exact incident occurred in a preliminary final which it may well do as people are trying to win at all costs if they are comfortable suspending a player for a Grand Final for going for the ball and the consequence is an opposition player is hurt.

The hurt players team wins he misses the GF through injury
The non hurt player's team wins if found not guilty would play

Would they suspended a player without question if his team lost the prelim but wouldn't if his team did make the GF?

They need to make it black and white no matter the outcome of the game. Do people think Cotchin would have been suspended if GWS won that Preliminary final and Shiels had to miss the grandfinal through concussion? I bet they would have

They make this crap up according to public sentiment. They're not sporting administrators, they are P.R. for marketing and advertising interests.

If some bloke gets bumped & drops or there is a bit of claret, the ad agencies are terrified that mum and dad will remove little baby Jesus from in front of the screen, and happy meal sales will take a dive.

The game was doomed the moment that polo playing private schoolboys were put in charge of it.

Pretty obvious listening to the coaches on 360 that they have been told the position they are expected to take. The AFL is going to make an example here. Ricciuto will be interesting in the morning, reckon the AFL has already told the AFC, what their position should be as well. Will they accept it?

For Clark’s sake, I hope Mackay gets weeks. Having your jaw broke because the softest guy on the other team went in harder than you only ribs salt into the wounds.
Mackay has never been soft. Ever. He always puts his head over the ball.
There are lots you can complain about, but being soft isn't one of them

Pretty obvious listening to the coaches on 360 that they have been told the position they are expected to take. The AFL is going to make an example here. Ricciuto will be interesting in the morning, reckon the AFL has already told the AFC, what their position should be as well. Will they accept it?
of course they will

After watching 360 seems like the decision has been made. MacKay will get suspended for essentially not breaking any rule that existed when he walked on to the field
It is a fools errand to try and legislate any injury out of a contact game.
I really cannot believe the message is going to be go hard for the ball but not to hard now. Lol. Joke.

Here's an interesting thought that just crossed my mind: what if DMac also had a broken jaw with concussion (that could have realistically occurred)? Should both be suspended for several matches after they fully recover?

The AFL would find out who has the worst broken jaw and suspend the other guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting conundrum for the Football Gods if Mackay gets suspended

Obviously the Commandments require him to play so we may cop a Covid resurgence or alien invasion to prevent the season going ahead

Mackay runs in a straight line. He doesn't deviate. He doesn't run past the ball. He doesn't target the opposition player.
He keeps his eye on the ball and reaches for the ball before impact.

He has literally done everything correct that he possibly can.

And the VFL want to suspend him because of it.

What an absolute joke.

Of course. "We don't agree with it but we accept it, the AFL has a difficult job, head knocks are dealt with harsher, we exhausted our options unfortunately".

After watching 360 seems like the decision has been made. MacKay will get suspended for essentially not breaking any rule that existed when he walked on to the field
It is a fools errand to try and legislate any injury out of a contact game.
I really cannot believe the message is going to be go hard for the ball but not to hard now. Lol. Joke.
It may be like the Burgoyne Dangerfield tackle incident in which Mackay gets off as there was no rule before he played but everyone after him will get suspended as they'll change the rules this week.

Well that's how I see it, you Can't suspended him for playing within the rules at the time of the incident, they can only change the rules now and rule on incidents that happened after the rule changes

It may be like the Burgoyne Dangerfield tackle incident in which Mackay gets off as there was no rule before he played but everyone after him will get suspended as they'll change the rules this week.

Well that's how I see it, you Can't suspended him for playing within the rules at the time of the incident, they can only change the rules now and rule on incidents that happened after the rule changes

Of course they can. And they will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Back