David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

These threads are pathetic. We know the media always over hype players so deal with it.
To the extent that Warner is being over-hyped?

They have seriously gone through the roof with him.

To the extent that Warner is being over-hyped?

They have seriously gone through the roof with him.

Look I agree it is sickening. They did it with Clarke as well and it really makes these players hard to like. That you've been Warnered thing is horrid IMO.

Yeah you lost me when you said O'Keefe wasn't a deep thinker. Very good cricketing mind and very underrated by you Victorian flogs. Everyone one is biased no matter which way you look at it.

o'keefe speaks a lot of rubbish for me

okeefe 'this weather is either going to suit the Australian bowlers or the Indian Batsmen'.
bhogle 'hey kerry, who else is there that this weather might suit'.

bhogle 'what did you mean by that?'
O'keefe 'I don't really know, seemed clever when I said it'.
Bhogle 'it seemed clever but it doesn't make sence'

bhogle ' have you seen wade bat or keep'
O'keefe 'well, not as such but you know...'

ok paraphrasing a bit as I can't remember the exact words but similar in content to what I remember.

certainly entertaining, but not really benaud who I hold as a bench mark of quality commentating (yep from NSW!!!!) and Lawry (who I acknowledge is missing a lot of stuff these past couple of seasons and has a clear vic bias)

that said, warner will sell seats that cowan, wade, and others won't, and isn't that what t20 is about?

and not rating O'keefe as a commentator as a quality caller, means you can call victorians flogs? how is that not fueling the interstate rivalry with blatant abuse?

I agree and understand that you have biases. I've admitted mine, doesn't mean I call all nsw fans flogs at the moment after a few temporary suspensions :D

Of course he speaks rubbish but he also has a very good cricketing brain. We could pull little bits of dribble like that from every commentator.

<shrug> we all have our favourites.

I could never stand Greig, although some like him. I've grown on chappelli, I actually used to like tangles back when, and didn't mind Lane.

I don't like a lot of the new commentators and I can see that Lawry is missing stuff he never used to.

I see nothing wrong with loving your state and players, but doesn't mean I have to enjoy listening to them.

Of course he speaks rubbish but he also has a very good cricketing brain. We could pull little bits of dribble like that from every commentator.

The term cricketing brain has always amused me.

It's as if cricket has somehow become a part of the human brain through evolution.

Let's hope this evolution continues and Warnies boys have massive fat fingers and huge hands.

They are all pretty woeful TBH. I see people crying over Slater jizzing over Warner when Lawry has been doing the same over Victorians for years. It seems Victorians don't like it when they shoe is on the other foot.

Lawry isn't anywhere near as bad as Slater as a commentator and Lawry gets excited over many players, he has a massive man crush on usman, always defended clarke etc.

Lawry has a bent towards victoria but loves his cricket. If you want a victorian bigot getting media time, you can't go past Berry, he makes me look like a moderate :D

O'keefe is funny, says some good stuff, but he's pretty much the rex hunt of cricket for me, unintelligible garbage most of the time.

Slater is just a tool, but then thats my opinion, I'd be surprised if you find too many that enjoy slats commentating.

Now you are over hyping things.

That is Steve Waughs opinion is he not allowed to have that??

Talking about Ignorant fools I think I've found one.. :p

So are you agreeing or not agreeing.

You seem to be having 50 cents each way.

Warner isn't even the best player of his generation.

Yet if you go norf of the murray, they throw rosebuds at his feet.

So paraphrasing the thread for you, it is about NSW flogs over-hyping Warner.

In Lawry's defence, he has only juzzed over Warne and Hughes. Pretty good levels of player consistent over a number of years. Plus Lawry does it with intelligence. Something the NSW mafia led by Slater could never be accused of doing.

Warner - another SHOCKER!

Eyes closed. Head up in the air.

Looked like something from the Park Cricket...

Tony Grieg immediately says "That is what you expect!"

No! No! Tony....I expect Cricket.

Not some bloke who looks like he is a D Grade mid week player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a point IMO.

'Eyes closed, head in the air' is a reasonable way to describe Dave, Must work on it

Exactly. We have all seen Warner at his best. He is at his best when he plays cricket shots not park shots. And when Slater and co pump up Warner for Park Shots, that is what he plays.

Warner needs level headed blokes in his ear telling him he doesn't need to do that. All he needs to do is get a start in his innings, get to about 20 and then play the ball into gaps and his natural aggression with see him at 100 per 110 balls.

Not close his eyes and try and hit the tripe out of the ball when he has scored 5.

avalanche

BB, you need to have a good lie down and perhaps a bex or some st john's wort. Maybe go down the gym, have a work out or something to get rid of your excessive stress and tension towards others.

We are pro Dave.

This is an internet forum. Thus people come together to comment.

Thats all.

It is not life and death like you insinuate.

Go out and do something nice for yourself fella.

Have a couple of happy pills.

like all performers, Dave Warner has the good Dave Warner abd the bad Dave Warner, the ying and the yang.

But the NSW mafia is trying to get Dave Warner to play like the bad Dave Warner and not the good Dave Warner.

That is the essence of the thread.

We, the viewing public.

Who watch copious amounts of cricket and have so for many many years; want to see Dave Warner flourish as the good Dave Warner.

That means building an innings and playing cricket shots.

Not reverse sweeps and shots with his head looking at the sky.

We are pro Dave.

But unfortunately, like all bad medicine that is good for you; it is often hard to swallow.

Even if it helps you in the long run.

Not doubting that for a second. Every time a player gets out playing a silly shot another avalanche of bullshit is started
You don't think crap shots by our batsmen warrant criticism?

You've got to give the Australian batsmen credit, they've offered up the choice of plenty of dumb shots in recent times.

:D

You don't think crap shots by our batsmen warrant criticism?

You've got to give the Australian batsmen credit, they've offered up the choice of plenty of dumb shots in recent times.

:D

Criticism is fine IMO but there is a difference between criticizing a bad shot to saying a bloke is rubbish and should never be picked again

He's gunna have good days and he's gunna have today.

The worry for me is over in England 2013 where the ball dips around all day, he's going to have to make adjustments, or he'll get found out real quick.

Exactly../ Phil Hughes went to England being described by Robert Crash Craddick as the next big thing...and bigger than Bradman etc blah blah blah..

We all know how that worked out.

Today at the MCG, it was english conditions with the movement. David looked like a learner.

I fear the worst; when we need Dave the most.

Exactly../ Phil Hughes went to England being described by Robert Crash Craddick as the next big thing...and bigger than Bradman etc blah blah blah..

We all know how that worked out.

Today at the MCG, it was english conditions with the movement. David looked like a learner.

I fear the worst; when we need Dave the most.

How would you describe the conditions at Blundstone arena against NZ???

How would you describe the conditions at Blundstone arena against NZ???

That's the frustrating thing isn't it?

When he sets his mind to bat for a period of time and applies himself he's terrific.

Then again today he makes up his mind to hit golf shots, and pays the price. He had 50 overs to bat today, he could have seen out the first 10 or so overs, then tee off.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back