Davis for Gardiner

Remove this Banner Ad

ROK of Gibraltar said:
Roos will coach the Swans to a single finals appearance this year, miss the finals in 2007 and walk out on the club, without having developed any real depth and its senior core on the brink of retirement, and say that "there is more to life than football - I never wanted to be a career coach, you knew that from the beginning". I expect to be banned from planet Ando for this outburst but time will tell.

As for Davis for Gardiner - apples for oranges isn't it. Gardiner's physical state is a bigger worry than his mental state. Head problems are a mystery and there is nothing to say that he would not grow up if he moved to Sydney. His body is a different issue. Davis will stay - and outlast Roos.

Why do you say that? Roos was lambasted left and right in 2004 for "boring football," and the team was playing crap more than half the time. No indications then that he even contemplated quitting the job. And I have to remind you that many of our current senior core had developed under Roos - Kirk, Boltons, ROK, probably Hall. Hopefully players like Buchanan, Malceski and Schmidt become our next core with time.

The only way Roos will leave before 2010 is if:
a) he loses the trust of the players, and steps down himself. Maybe this will happen in 2007 if we miss the finals. Who knows? But judging by the evidence shown thus far, this is unlikely.
b) he is sacked. Probably after a protest by supporters outside Swans headquarters.

grayham said:
Roos has never turned anyone around.

The turning around of wayward characters like Lockett and Hall were all done by Rodney Eade.

Roos is 0/1 in this "turning around" caper.

Wouldn't you say that Roos turned Davis around in 2005? He had a shocker 2004, beset by injuries and poor form. He knuckled down and imposed a ban on media in 2005 after threats of trade at the end of 2004. He had a wonderful 2005. His media ban is released in 2006...

I loved that One red paper clip story. I have become a bit restless so I might see if anyone has a nice shiny paper clip for a run down house in Ulvie.

grimlock said:
Wouldn't Schmidt be more likely to end up with an Adelaide club?
Plenty of Adelaide born players in Melbourne. Depends who courts him - if he is used to living away from home, why not? Plus, Melbourne is cloder to Canberra, his second home.

ROK of Gibraltar said:
I expect to be banned from planet Ando for this outburst but time will tell.

Why??? I see no reason to ban you for the above for only speaking your mind, no matter how stupid I find your opinion on the matter, but that's only my opinion. You banned last time for trying to use your "nobnob" alias against my wishes and turn this place into a mini sandpit for the week RWO was down.

Word of warning everyone THIS isn't RWO and this isn't the Sandpit, keep the topic's to the Swans and issue's concerning the Swans(no matter how much each of us disagree with them) and no one thread's will be closed/deleted/edited and no one will be banned.

robbieando said:
Why??? I see no reason to ban you for the above for only speaking your mind, no matter how stupid I find your opinion on the matter, but that's only my opinion. You banned last time for trying to use your "nobnob" alias against my wishes and turn this place into a mini sandpit for the week RWO was down.

Word of warning everyone THIS isn't RWO and this isn't the Sandpit, keep the topic's to the Swans and issue's concerning the Swans(no matter how much each of us disagree with them) and no one thread's will be closed/deleted/edited and no one will be banned.
Thanks Robbie. If you would like some help with your spelling and punctuation, please let me know. And feel free to keep going with the blog, no matter how stupid others may find your opinion. Is it ok to have non-Swans related avatars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NMWBloods said:
Big 'if'.

He's been the most "emergencied" player after Vogels - so chances are he will make his debut some time soon. Possibly replacing one of Kirk or Bolton (I would drop Bolton next week if he doesn't improve).

Dempster was emergency quite a few times before he made his debut too, right?

FixterFan said:
He's been the most "emergencied" player after Vogels - so chances are he will make his debut some time soon. Possibly replacing one of Kirk or Bolton (I would drop Bolton next week if he doesn't improve).
That's so not going to happen.

Dempster was emergency quite a few times before he made his debut too, right?
Yes, but I think another side might be interested in Schmidt.

NMWBloods said:
That's so not going to happen.

Yes, but I think another side might be interested in Schmidt.

It might happen sooner than we think - B1's time on ball in recent games has fallen, after he suddenly seemed to lose his clearance ability. Whereas he used to start a lot in the square, Ablett and Buchanan seem to be preferred options to him in a lot of cases. His disposal is poor, even worst than Kirk's because Kirk, while a poor kick, has a good handball and usually finds his short kick targets.

As for another side being interested in Schmidt...which sides would actually be genuinely interested in Schmidt? Sydney players get little coverage at the best of times, and inside mids aren't really the flavour of the month at the moment either, especially not ones that don't have noticable "big bodies." Most teams already have enough developed + developing inside mids. The only team I can see going after Schmidt is Carlton, and considering the pressure Pagan was put under by the fans last time they went for "recycled" players, I don't think they'll seriously make a play for him.

ROK of Gibraltar said:
Thanks Robbie. If you would like some help with your spelling and punctuation, please let me know.

Your better off helping Rushed Behind.

And feel free to keep going with the blog, no matter how stupid others may find your opinion.

I don't hold a gun to anyone's head to read it and so far your the only person who has had any issue with it.

Is it ok to have non-Swans related avatars?

Have a look around the rest of this site and you'll find your answer to this stupid question.

robbieando said:
Your better off helping Rushed Behind.
I don't hold a gun to anyone's head to read it and so far your the only person who has had any issue with it.
Have a look around the rest of this site and you'll find your answer to this stupid question.
Rushed is ok - just rarely sober.
I just think that the blog comes across as unbalanced and aggressive. I also think that it often rains without pouring but then I am no Mike Bailey.
Is it really ok to have a non-Swans related avatar? Thanks for the latitude. I think that your pic of Nick Malceski is great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Davis for Gardiner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back