Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age and recent injury history are the main reasons why I personally would be hesitant to part even with pick 18 truth be known.

Combined with how strong our midfield already is, it seems crazy to me to pay even more than that.

I'm with you, looks like the good-will is potentially coming from you Guys, maybe there's a bit of sentiment there with Bucks and Eddie. I'd prefer to just keep him, but now it's said to be on the table, it's become very tempting. Other thing to consider too is he is in a very volatile head space, never effects his on field and he is a super professional footballer these days, great locker room guy - but he doesn't shy away from the fact it takes alot of off field energy and management to get up each week, which the Pies are more than equipped to give, but it is another consideration in taking him on for that amount at 29 years old (feb).

Two first rounders are the future that help Stephenson. We need to keep them.

But what if we conjure up a deal that means we lose this years first rounder, but regain enough points to get Quaynor and Kelly (who are both projected top 25 players in Cal Twomeys form guide).

So it would only be the loss of next years first rounder.

You humans.

You flog us when we are dead, use our heads to send messages from underworld figures, get us high so you can get off us again, stare into our mouths when you get one of us as a present, take us to water when we aren't ******* thirsty, and stick carts in front of us and somehow expect us to push when we have no ******* hands.

One of these days, one of us is going to become overlord of the planet and then just you wait. Your kingdom won't be enough for us.

The Dolphins already got us. Get real, and get your sh!te together, you Donkey :p

Yep & that is certainly not the case. 4 years is a long time for a player of his age. He is still a bloody good footballer though, all class!
We know mate, we drafted him!

Was a jet. Now he’s just an accumulator of the plenty of those around and at 29 he’s going to be on the decline very soon. Maybe get a year or two from him if he doesn’t get injured. A pick 18 could get so much more.

'How man times do you need to be told that pick 18 will almost certainly will not be used at the draft table even if Collingwood wanted to?

If its not traded away then other clubs will bid up for Quaynor and we will have to use that bid to match it. We can still trade 18 away for Beams AND get Quaynor.

'How man times do you need to be told that pick 18 will almost certainly will not be used at the draft table even if Collingwood wanted to?

If its not traded away then other clubs will bid up for Quaynor and we will have to use that bid to match it. We can still trade 18 away for Beams AND get Quaynor.
iu

The Dolphins already got us. Get real, and get your sh!te together, you Donkey :p

Careful, all this talk of decapitating horses makes me pretty angry.

You might say I'm a...

...dark horse.

The difference between a 26 and 29 are neglable as a professional athlete.

It’s when you’re 31/32 you notice it.
Pendles I expect will slow down next year. Beams becomes that temp replacement.

May must be off the cards if we are offering pick 18 for beams. With the priority picks, and points system it be that we take beams because we were going to have to use pick 18 on Quaynor anyway

May's been off the cards for a while. I'm happy with keeping Langdon and hopefully getting Roughhead for depth, who unlike May can also be a backup ruckman.

Moore and Dunn should hopefully be our kp defenders for 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what if we conjure up a deal that means we lose this years first rounder, but regain enough points to get Quaynor and Kelly (who are both projected top 25 players in Cal Twomeys form guide).

This is also how I think the deal will get done as well.

If we give this & next years 1st rounders but get a couple of later 2018 picks as well as Beams back, I think it is a fair deal.

The Lions get to have a win and say they got 2 x 1st rounders

The Pies get Beams & enough points to get close to the pick 18 value which allows us to get Quayner, Kelly, etc.

In essence paying with next years 1st for Beams.

If Quaynor is bid on in the first round and we can match the bid in part due to Brisbane sending us a pick/s alongside Beams for our 1st round selections then we aren't giving away 2 1st round selections now are we as Quaynor is our first round selection for 2018 and has simply been obtained via the bidding system in place.

Conversely if a deal is reached for Beams with pick 18 and a future 2nd like people hope, a first round bid comes and we have failed to find the points required to match elsewhere then any deficit may well push back that treasured 2019 1st round selection into a 2nd round pick anyway.

Of course if the deal is for pick 18, a future second and we have found the points to match a 1st round bid then Beams hasn't cost us a single 1st round selection at all as we still get Quaynor.

As long as a bid for Quaynor comes in the first round then in no possible way can the trade cost for Beams ever be considered two 1st round selections.

You humans.

You flog us when we are dead, use our heads to send messages from underworld figures, get us high so you can get off us again, stare into our mouths when you get one of us as a present, take us to water when we aren't ******* thirsty, and stick carts in front of us and somehow expect us to push when we have no ******* hands.

One of these days, one of us is going to become overlord of the planet and then just you wait. Your kingdom won't be enough for us.
Horse De combat?

I believe we're of the thought we already have enough points, hence being happy to trade out the first round pick.

The interesting thing is that if we have pick 18, it is more likely that a bid will come for Quanor in the first round. Either to make Collingwood pay or because some team really values him and punts on the chance that Collingwood passes. If however Collingwood doesn't have pick 18, no one may bid because they know Collingwood will match.

Why give up 2 first rounders for a position that we are well and truly covered.
Walk away form the deal Collingwood.
Please.

Thats the bonus, Beams is icing on the cake. Hes better than one of Aish Greenwood Varcoe Phillips Sier or Thomas and will improve the team seamlessly.

And its only one first rounder as well discussed, as the 2018 first rounder isnt a llve draft pick option.

Not sure we are offering a 2019 first rounder yet and if we do, we might expect something to come back our way, perhaps some late 2018 picks that help give us some academy points. Personally I think their current offer of 18 and a 2019 second round is very fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back