Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Magpies tried to find one on Friday afternoon via a complex five-club trade.

The monster trade would have seen Beams and Allen Christensen end up at the Lions, Levi Greenwood and Travis Varcoe join Collingwood, Mitch Clark join Geelong, Heritier Lumumba join Melbourne and second- and third-round picks exchanged between North Melbourne and the other four clubs.

This discussion continued throughout the day but fell over late in the afternoon.

The Lions and Geelong salvaged something from the wreck, however, with Christensen set to leave Geelong in exchange for the Lions' pick No.21 provided he passes a medical examination on Monday.

Via afl website

This time last year Tom Rockliff was tweeting away about homesick players nominating clubs.
Where is the hypocrite now?

THIS.

All this mummy's boy crap. I guess family is only important when they're at death's door. Fit as a fiddle? Fcuk 'em. In fact, let's publicly ridicule them. That's the Hanley and Rockliff way.

When you take cheap potshots at others for their desire to be with family, you're also setting yourself up for a fall.

So I say go to Gold Coast or Brisbane on decent terms, Dayne. Even GWS if you're with your mate Heater and can make a quicker trip up to see dad. Whichever club does the right thing by all concerned, go with them.

Because that's what you want, isn't it? The "right" thing?

Finding out that Lions rejected Pies offer.

Basically it meant losing 9 draft positions for Beams

Lions just been shown up to be a bunch of total idiots.

Who are the three major people at Brisbane? making three stooges photoshop

Just thinking about the 5+21+25 deal that we apparently publicly stated we would have accepted. This could have been a well played hand by Collingwood. They might have thought that the Bears would not accept it, as they needed 21/25 to snare Christensen, if so well played. And even if they did accept we get three draft picks to either trade on for players or use. Not ideal but worth the risk as it makes us look all the more accommodating.

The Magpies tried to find one on Friday afternoon via a complex five-club trade.

The monster trade would have seen Beams and Allen Christensen end up at the Lions, Levi Greenwood and Travis Varcoe join Collingwood, Mitch Clark join Geelong, Heritier Lumumba join Melbourne and second- and third-round picks exchanged between North Melbourne and the other four clubs.

This discussion continued throughout the day but fell over late in the afternoon.

The Lions and Geelong salvaged something from the wreck, however, with Christensen set to leave Geelong in exchange for the Lions' pick No.21 provided he passes a medical examination on Monday.

Via afl website

Link?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/trade-wrap-guns-in-limbo
It seems a circuit-breaker will be needed to get Beams to the Gabba by 2pm next Thursday.

The monster trade would have seen Beams and Allen Christensen end up at the Lions, Levi Greenwood andTravis Varcoe join Collingwood, Mitch Clark join Geelong, Heritier Lumumba join Melbourne and second- and third-round picks exchanged between North Melbourne and the other four clubs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/trade-wrap-guns-in-limbo

Just thinking about the 5+21+25 deal that we apparently publicly stated we would have accepted. This could have been a well played hand by Collingwood. They might have thought that the Bears would not accept it, as they needed 21/25 to snare Christensen, if so well played. And even if they did accept we get three draft picks to either trade on for players or use. Not ideal but worth the risk as it makes us look all the more accommodating.
Remind me to never play poker with Hine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Tim Notting is on the tweet bandwagon.

Thought I'd retweet my regards to them

View attachment 86085
Tim Notting doesn't understand basic English, how could we expect him to provide an insightful view of the Beams situation.

Absolute f*ckstain

Just my final word on this thread. Thank you Eddie, Bux and the entire board for showing the league how business is done! Anyone who comes sniffing around looking for a cheapskate opportunity had better cover their cohuna's (they have em???) really well because we aren't buying into any of that sh1t.

As for young Beams its time he grew up a little and gave up his hero worship of that perpetual teenager Heater, grow up youngster and join the adult world.

Regarding Brisbane, its time to go back into kinder and stop annoying the grown ups.

Regarding assorted media trolls and AFL trogs . . . eat a big hairy one.

As for a certain cretin who managed to convince Brisbane he knew something about player recruitment . . . Eddie is looking for you and there's a red glaze in his eyes and spittle collecting at the corner of his mouth . . . run for the hills flog.

As for the rest of the haters out there, THIS is MY club, it has been a lifetime passion and is the strong beating heart of a vibrant and strong sporting community and I couldn't give a flying f@ck in hell what you think.

'THE CLUB IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL'.

My only worry with this 5 way deal is we look extremely desperate to get rid of Beams.

Not good for any future negotiations.

Via afl website
That is the worst deal for us lol lose Beams and get Greenwood and Varcoe I thought Hine knew what he was doing

And if Beans

Setting aside all the other problems with this, it ignores Brisbane's failure to pay fair value and get the deal done.
I'm enjoying the backlash, it makes me think they expected the Pies to fold to their demands.

I reckon they realise they've blown their chance
giphy.gif

Without the doubt the most pathetic excuse for a VFL/AFL club:

1. Fitzroy Football Club........HAHAHAHAHA!
2. Brisbane Bears Football Club..........HAHAHAHAHA!
3. Brisbane Lions Football Club after stuffing up trades for Tippett, Ryder and now Beams.........PRICELESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back