Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very upsetting news :(

My favourite Bailey moment :)

r778426_6679953.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad to hear. I wonder if the stress of coaching Melbourne played a role. It would have taken a very big toll.
If he had any health problems back then too, if only minor, I should think so. Coaching AFL football is an arduous task at the best of times, and not helped when you're doing your job precisely as specified, being hounded for it and eventually sacked (disgrace) and taking all the heat for your underperforming players.
He could hold his head up high right until the very end, Dean, and I hope he'll be remembered as a good, nurturing coach who got caught up under a dishonest administration and football department.

I am coming up 46 years this year and it is so sad to think that he and his children are going to both miss each other incredibly.

I have had 3 skin cancers, two of which were melanomas (thankfully all clear) in the past 5 months, and at a relatively young age it shakes you to the core.

When this sadness happens, we don't have a team, we have a football bond.

Woah! I didn't even know he was ill. It's pretty upsetting given how young he was. I lost my Dad to bone marrow cancer a few months ago, so my thoughts naturally fall to his sons. Given he was so young himself, I assume his boys must be young too, which just sucks for them. Took me quite a while to realise fully the wealth of lessons my father had to impart. And for Dean, who misses out on watching them grow into manhood and fatherhood. Just shit news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back