Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard this on the ABC radio news on the way to work and was wtf

Didn't know he was even crook so shows how up to date I am with some things

Sad news for his family and all that were close to him. Always seemed like a decent bloke.

47 is young. Maybe not for some of you whippersnappers on here but just over a month out from my 47th birthday it is young to me

Pretty shocked by this as I must have missed the news that he was sick. 47 is way too young.

Seemed like a really good bloke. I always thought he was a pretty good coach too, just got the wrong job at the wrong time IMO.

lung cancer...I know people that have smoked for 50 years and still walking around. a healthy guy like that? life just doesn't make sense sometimes.

sadly I mostly remember him for being the coach of that 30 goal loss down at geelong. of course that organization was dysfunctional and that wasn't his fault...

Heard it this morning and couldn't believe it, the way channel 10 covered it was nothing short of disgusting.

Oh and dean bailey has passed away.. and now onto some panda's.

Get some ****ing class :thumbsdown:.

Scary how quickly cancer can rip away life... can't wait for the day cancer is beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You look back a few years ago Stynes was President, Bailey was coach and now they are both gone a few years later. Feel for the Dees, kind of want them to come good after all the the pain they have gone through, the footy gods hate them so much.

Hate hearing news like this. Really nice guy and cracking sense of humour too.
Far too young, and only a couple of months after the diagnosis. Life really isn't fair.
Thoughts are with his family and friends and hope they know how much of an impact he's made on everyone in the footy community.
R.I.P.

That's the thing with cancer, people can be seemingly managing and then everything goes downhill very quickly.

Yea we had an aunty last year that went to the hospital with sore stomach, gets diagnosed with cancer. 4 months later we are at her funeral. Scary scary stuff.

Thoughts are with the family and friends of Bailey

Always came across as a gentleman off the field. Succumbing to "Jimmy Dancer" is tough at any age, bur at 47 is tragic. You just wonder how much the stress of coaching contributed to his demise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Bailey passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back