Dear Thompson and Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Catman
St. Kilda fans are a strange lot.Openly applauding Milne at the open bounce, clearly suggests that they condone what he has been accused of. Was there a need to applaud him so strongly?

What would happen if Gary Ablett Senior did a lay of in a car at the start of Geelong’s next game would cat’s fans stand and applauded does that mean they condone drugs use or letting a young women OD and die
We were just supporting one of our own who is accused of a crime but not yet charged not yet convicted

Surely you would have clapped him, instead of jeering him. If, as you suggest his comments were used as ammunition, then applaud him, don't boo him.

The majority of sides are superior to us, not just your mob.

No clapping, his comments were very disrespectful, extra ammo or not.
I know GT came out last year and said the same thing, I wasn't wild about it then, but at least we could back it up. If Chapman concentrated on his game rather than running his mouth, the team might have put up more of a fight.
Don't sell your team short, though, we may be vastly better now, but you have alot of growing to do, you will be capable of better performances in the future, I'm sure.

St. Kilda fans are a strange lot.

Openly applauding Milne at the open bounce, clearly suggests that they condone what he has been accused of. Was there a need to applaud him so strongly?

Booing Cameron Ling. For what? He was almost knocked out 2 weeks ago and you fools go and boo him. Unbelievable.

Booing Paul Chapman. For what, giving you some ammunition?

Whoa,

That's a post and a half.

What an amazing comment there. Condone?

Sorry Catman, I have often respected your postings, but this undermines your credibility not only in the minds of St Kilda fans, but football fans in general.

As Tick66 said, say Gary Ablett Snr is paraded around Skilled Stadium later in the year; the fact that he gets a rousing reception means all Geelong fans condone some of the things he's been accused of?

Pull your head in son and have a think about what you've written.

Originally posted by evertonfc
Whoa,

Sorry Catman, I have often respected your postings, but this undermines your credibility not only in the minds of St Kilda fans, but football fans in general.

As Tick66 said, say Gary Ablett Snr is paraded around Skilled Stadium later in the year; the fact that he gets a rousing reception means all Geelong fans condone some of the things he's been accused of?

Game set match ..everton fc

Why was Ling booed/

Who knows. Same reason Bluey McKenna was booed for years after being elbowed in the head by Plugger Lockett. Mabye the Saints supporters dont like redheads.

Why was Milne supported, because

a) the supporters believe in the stance the club has taken (they believe M&M)
b) the supporters support the player
c) the supporters wanted to drown out the negative boos from the Geelong supporters.

Really, it is that simple.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
Why was Ling booed/

Who knows. Same reason Bluey McKenna was booed for years after being elbowed in the head by Plugger Lockett. Mabye the Saints supporters dont like redheads.

Why was Milne supported, because

a) the supporters believe in the stance the club has taken (they believe M&M)
b) the supporters support the player
c) the supporters wanted to drown out the negative boos from the Geelong supporters.

Really, it is that simple.
just on point (C)
were there many Cats supporters at the game? I didn't see many and I certainly didn't hear any.

Originally posted by The Fireman
just on point (C)
were there many Cats supporters at the game? I didn't see many and I certainly didn't hear any.

the only extra cheers i heard for milne was when he lined up for a goal in qtr3. The Cat fans were booing (nothing unusual in that, to boo an opposition player going for goal) and the Saints on the Moorabin Wing went wild in their cheering and applause for Milne, before he kicked the goal, and afterwards.

As far as supporters go probably about 8,000 Geelong supporters and 27,000 Saints supporters.

Originally posted by evertonfc
Whoa,

OK, fair point.

I probably should have re-worded it, but it is done now so it is just time to move on I think.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
As far as supporters go probably about 8,000 Geelong supporters and 27,000 Saints supporters.

That's highly generous to Geelong fans.

Probably around the 4000-5000 mark, and you'd probably have to account for the 'neutral' factor as well.

Appeared fairly obvious that St Kilda fans occupied at least 75% of the attendance.

Ok

27k Saints
6 k Geelong
2 k neutral

disappointed with the Geelong turnout on Sat night, especially after the Wizzy performances.

Oh well not my problem. Saints have got a record membership, will have 25k by the weekend, and a re looking at 30k in members by close off date.

Can anyone remember the Saints v Geelong game attendance at the Dome last season. About 27,000 I think.

Another 8,000 is $$$$ in the Saints bank.

30k+ members
200k in Wizzy money
Sponsors everywhere (Esky now on board0
Huge H&A gates.

All adds up to another healthy profit this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Thompson and Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back