Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

Even so he is what 26-27? He will not be playing footy for 24 months at the least if he is charged which is looking likely.

Has a couple of good years if a club gives him a second chance, good on him if he turns his life around

Collingwood needs to wash there hands with him and let him be someone else’s problem

Why 24 months? He certainly won't get that consequence from a court. Has the AFL every given a consequence like that for a non footy related incident? I'm trying to remember if they've ever given any consequences for non footy related incidents?

A cancer like Wayne Carey? North knew who and what he was, but he could play the game like very few can, so they kept him on their list and won flags.
Firstly surely we arent comparing the talents of Wayne Carey to Jordan De Goey

Secondly we are in 2021. This shit with woman just isn’t tolerated like it used to be and rightfully so. Not to mention the shit with lying, alcohol, criminal charges

I’m stunned people are defending him

He’s assaulted a bloke who by all reports reeks the type who will press charges. He’s molested a chick in a bar, even if he pays her out and no charges the club is not standing by this dick again

If they do I’m done with the club. Sick of it
Wrong. They allege he did those things. Geeze Loiuse! Imagine you blokes being on a jury! You do understand men have literally died because people accused them of certain behaviours with such passion and detail that they were believed? Then we discover years later through the advent of DNA testing that the now dead men were innocent. Maybe the bloke hit DeGoey first and his girl stepped in and got pushed away by DeGoey. Who knows? People lie when they are angry and emotional. It might be true but we don't know!

Yes. If he is cleared I'd be happy to see him run out for us. I want to win each week rather than be the competitions nicest group of young citizens in black and white guernseys. Richmond back in the 70's was a team of piss-head thugs and everybody lauds them to this day. Good old Balmey is everyone's favourite cuddly bear yet he king hit players in order to win a flag. Southby never really recovered from that punch. Robbie McGhie spent time behind bars when he was at the Dogs and Richmond pounced on him. Ricky Mclean was another thug. Sheedy was a dirty dog as was Malthouse who stepped on hands and sniped players. All a big laugh. Most of them are heroes of the AFL. I don't want to hear one person say..but it was a different era. King hits were as low an act then as now, they simply weren't punished in the way they are today. Wayne Johnston broke Gubby Allan's jaw so badly it was swinging in the wind, severed on both sides of his face. He was a ball player yet "Dominator" saw his chance and grabbed it in the 81 grand final. These were utter dog acts yet nobody does anything but sing the praises of these blokes and laugh about those incidents. Perspective.
Jordy is not one of these hard nose footballers from a bygone era, he plays the game in the correct spirit. What are you dribbling on about?

Secondly we are in 2021. This sh*t with woman just isn’t tolerated like it used to be and rightfully so. Not to mention the sh*t with lying, alcohol, criminal charges

Who is defending him? I and others have said if he is cleared of the charges we would be happy to welcome him back. How is that defending him?

Secondly we are in 2021. This sh*t with woman just isn’t tolerated like it used to be and rightfully so. Not to mention the sh*t with lying, alcohol, criminal charges

Outside of a few trolls I haven’t seen anyone defending De Goey. What people are defending is his right to a fair trial with the outcome linked. You’re confusing the two.

Wrong. They allege he did those things. Geeze Loiuse! Imagine you blokes being on a jury! You do understand men have literally died because people accused them of certain behaviours with such passion and detail that they were believed? Then we discover years later through the advent of DNA testing that the now dead men were innocent. Maybe the bloke hit DeGoey first and his girl stepped in and got pushed away by DeGoey. Who knows? People lie when they are angry and emotional. It might be true but we don't know!

People fine it easier to be outraged and demand action without any reasoning or logic determined by facts.

Don't know about that. Within 18 months of the chopsticks incident, Dusty Martin was the hottest ticket in footy. Imagine if JDG gets 6 months prison time in the states, misses 2022 and returns in 2023 and stars in a glorious redemption story. The media would go gaga and sponsors would be all over him.
We threw Andrew Krakouer a lifeline after he had served a prison sentence (4 years but paroled early) and that worked out OK for both the player and the club. Obviously doing time in prison does not mean the end to an AFL career.

At some stage, hopefully now, you'd think that De Goey would recognise the dangers inherent in his behaviour. For now he seems a lost cause, but given the club's lack of x factor players, I don't agree with the 'just sack him' sentiment that prevails in this thread, particularly given he is yet to face trial. If he was indigenous, would he be so quickly written off by supporters, or would they be seeking to support him through troubled times ?

This club sheds players quicker than a dog with mange sheds hairs. We are already at rock bottom with our playing list. We need players of De Goey's calibre to lift us off the bottom of the ladder. Let's at least wait till a decision on his legal status is reached before demanding his dismissal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stood down indefinitely whilst they are on annual leave is PR control and “tough love” from Collingwood.

If he isn’t charged with anything he will not be sacked...he will be welcomed back however the club now holds all the keys to his future and what he wants to do with his career.

Yeah can find another Chance at a Different Club even IF another Club would even want him

Jordy is not one of these hard nose footballers from a bygone era, he plays the game in the correct spirit. What are you dribbling on about?
Bad boys. My point being that DeGoey is regarded as a "bad boy" and a disgrace to the jumper when many others who have done heinous things both on and off the field are lauded as heroes of our competition. Double standards yet again. Too dribbly? :rolleyes:

We threw Andrew Krakouer a lifeline after he had served a prison sentence (4 years but paroled early) and that worked out OK for both the player and the club. Obviously doing time in prison does not mean the end to an AFL career.

At some stage, hopefully now, you'd think that De Goey would recognise the dangers inherent in his behaviour. For now he seems a lost cause, but given the club's lack of x factor players, I don't agree with the 'just sack him' sentiment that prevails in this thread, particularly given he is yet to face trial. If he was indigenous, would he be so quickly written off by supporters, or would they be seeking to support him through troubled times ?

This club sheds players quicker than a dog with mange sheds hairs. We are already at rock bottom with our playing list. We need players of De Goey's calibre to lift us off the bottom of the ladder. Let's at least wait till a decision on his legal status is reached before demanding his dismissal.
Monster! Woman hater! How dare you!
Yep. Krak nearly bashed a man to death but that's different. That was a heartrending tale of redemption.

When I saw him in the US I thought to myself, yeah that would be like him, flee out of the country rather than be locked down and do it tough like the rest of us. He is a short cut taker. He has little moral fibre and in all honesty, his seemingly well credentialed parents should be very disappointed at how they have let him grow up. Entitled, ignorant, superficial and probably worst of all, just seems like a really ordinary bloke. But how many superstars of the game could we say that about?

In about 5 or 6 years he will wake up in his 30s and finally reflect on what a tool he has been, what he has lost and how many people have been impacted by his bad behaviour (said parents would be a mess right now). And in his 30s he will be in the right headspace to be a good person and a brilliant professional footballer, just about the time his explosive athleticism leaves him. Kind of poetic in a way.

Outside of a few trolls I haven’t seen anyone defending De Goey. What people are defending is his right to a fair trial with the outcome linked. You’re confusing the two.

The poster you’re replying to has set his Avatar pic to be a bloke who was basically murdered after being busted being inside a New York nightclub.

Maybe he’s a troll as well?

It doesn’t matter if you would be, because the vast majority of corporate sponsors would not. Likely, many of his teammates wouldn’t be either.

Oh, I've heard this one before: the old "your teammates don't even want you at the club" trick...

Seriously though, I'm more than happy with waiting for the facts to come out. Some quotes from the police posted earlier do not paint a great picture, but the cynic in me expects the sequence of events to be:
(1) JDG gets off (so to speak!) and the mate takes the fall (I think this one has worked for us in the past), partly because it sounds like the mate has more culpability anyway;
(2) indefinite suspension lifted in time for round 1, because he was found not guilty, and all;
(3) plays out season 2022 as if nothing had happened (he'll miss more 2022 season matches from injuries resulting from playing with his dog, than he will from the club's indefinite suspension);
(4) club - wisely - doesn't re-sign him to a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back