worsfold

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2006
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Would love to put some money on this may later just as a draft game but first we need to work out the draft order and picks. Maybe use this as a trial run to see what interest we have

Vet List
Glass
Embley

Delist - going to have to be ruthless
Bones, Cookie, Sulivan, Nicko / Hansen -pay out

Trade
Lynch - compensation pick 2nd round = pick 29 use this year as will be worst pick in later years
Mickinely to Carlton - 2nd round Pick (37)
Spangher - Hawthorne 3rd/ 4th rounder -just a guess

Upgarde Stevenson, Wilson

Draft - 5 picks 2 spare - as part of the guessing game
(4) Shaun Atley -best available 13/9/92 187cm 82kg Murray Bushrangers (unless Suns don't take Day)
(26) Alex Fasolo 8/6/92 182cm 80kg East Fremantle
(28) Ben Newton 8/8/92 182cm 78kg South Fremantle
(29) Jamie Cripps 23/4/92 183cm 78kg East Fremantle
(37) Jacob Brennan Father son
Spare
-Warrick Andreoli 28/2/92 182cm 73kg South Fremantle
-Reece Conca 12/8/92 182cm 75kg Perth

Rookies - no idea just yet

Upgrade Hams and Strijke in new year

Would love to put some money on this may later just as a draft game but first we need to work out the draft order and picks. Maybe use this as a trial run to see what interest we have

Vet List
Glass
Embley

Delist - going to have to be ruthless
Bones, Cookie, Sulivan, Nicko / Hansen -pay out

Trade
Lynch - compensation pick 2nd round = pick 29 use this year as will be worst pick in later years
Mickinely to Carlton - 2nd round Pick (37)
Spangher - Hawthorne 3rd/ 4th rounder -just a guess

Upgarde Stevenson, Wilson

Draft - 5 picks 2 spare - as part of the guessing game
(4) Shaun Atley -best available 13/9/92 187cm 82kg Murray Bushrangers (unless Suns don't take Day)
(26) Alex Fasolo 8/6/92 182cm 80kg East Fremantle
(28) Ben Newton 8/8/92 182cm 78kg South Fremantle
(29) Jamie Cripps 23/4/92 183cm 78kg East Fremantle
(37) Jacob Brennan Father son
Spare
-Warrick Andreoli 28/2/92 182cm 73kg South Fremantle
-Reece Conca 12/8/92 182cm 75kg Perth

Rookies - no idea just yet

Upgrade Hams and Strijke in new year

Might be a worst pick next year if we finish 17th but year after that 2nd round would start at 19 so unless we move much further up the ladder chances are pick will be better later.

Saying that if we did get pick 29 this year for Lynch I would use it this year in what will be a decent depth up to pick 30 and we could get somebody on the list straight away rather wait for 2 years.

If I was told somebody would give us pick 29 this year for Lynch I would take it without hesitation.

I find it humorous how in all the draft ideas discussed on this board everyone just has us taking a full compliment of WA players, apart from our pick 4 .

Trade:
Lynch - Has been
McKinley - Isn't given a fair run anyway, might as well trade him
Spangher - Too far down the pecking order to offer value

Delist:
Wilkes
Nicoski
B.Jones (forced retirement)
Sullivan
Dalziell
McGinnity

Elevate:
Stevenson
Strijk
Hams
Wilson

Draft:
Pick #4: Day/Atley
Pick #26: Whoever
Pick #28: Whoever

At the trade table try to secure more top 40 draft picks.
F*ck established players, we're only going to nab Dalziell quality at best, so why even bother?

Trade:
Lynch - Has been
McKinley - Isn't given a fair run anyway, might as well trade him
Spangher - Too far down the pecking order to offer value

Delist:
Wilkes
Nicoski
B.Jones (forced retirement)
Sullivan
Dalziell
McGinnity

Elevate:
Stevenson
Strijk
Hams
Wilson

Draft:
Pick #4: Day/Atley
Pick #26: Whoever
Pick #28: Whoever

At the trade table try to secure more top 40 draft picks.
F*ck established players, we're only going to nab Dalziell quality at best, so why even bother?

So you do agree with me about moving on 10 players.

They will make as minimal changes as they can. The only players they will willingly trade is McKinley and Spangher. Any other trades they will only do if forced by the player wanting to go.

And the only senior player they will delist is Hansen. All the others they will keep.

I expect maybe 5 changes to the senior list at the most. Maybe even only 3 or 4. Worsfold will be arguing the youth excuse and that there is no need to turn over the list because eveything will fix itself and i can't see anybody who stand in his way.

A lot of us might want to see things looked at with an impartial critical eye and 8-10 changes but it won't happen.

I believe you can't use compensation picks until after GWS has entered the comp. I.e. 2012 at the earliest.

From what I understand you can use them this year but only after the 1st round.

So if Geelong got an early first round for Gary they would be insane to use it in the next two years. Therefore if they got 2 x first rd picks for Gary and they won the premiership this year those picks would come directly after their original first round pick which would be 25, so 26 & 27.

So their compensation for Gary won't be anywhere near market value unless they fall down the ladder considerably in the next 5 years in the time allotted to use them.

But if you got a pick at the end of round 1 for somebody it may be worth using it this year if you thought the draft had some nice depth. If for example we got a 2nd round pick for Lynch, then they would equal pick 29 after our original pick 28.

In 2 years time after the tainted drafts that pick would be worth pick 20 if we came last again or 18th. If we came 8th which we would all be hoping to improve to then that pick would be similar to 29 anyway.

I find it humorous how in all the draft ideas discussed on this board everyone just has us taking a full compliment of WA players, apart from our pick 4 .

I find it humorous that everyone has us delisting four or five contracted players.

Anyway, my crack at it:

Trade:
Lynch to GC for a compensation pick
Rosa to a Vic club for a second-rounder/upgrade
McKinley to a Vic club for a late second-rounder/upgrade
Spangher to whoever will take him for whatever they'll give us

Delist:
Wilkes, Sullivan (rookie), Cockie (rookie)

Vets list:
Cox, Glass (or Embley, depends on who's on the most coin).

That's seven off the senior list. Replace them with:
Stevenson, Hams, Wilson elevated
ND picks 4, 26, 28 and one more from an upgrade

Convince Strijk to stay on the rookie list and be the nominated rookie (assuming we get one). Retain JON and Broome on the rookie list for another year. Pick up another three rookies, including a ruckman who can step straight into the side if necessary. Don't ask me who that is, can't think of anyone.

So you do agree with me about moving on 10 players.

Yes and no.
There's a long list of players that are proven hacks that need to be moved on.

Problem comes with who do we replace them with? Just how deep into the draft can we go? Replacing a mature age hack with a young draftee hack is pointless.

From your previous list of 11, Rosa, A.Selwood & McKinley don't deserve to be moved on.

Trade:
Mckinley+28 to Carlton for pick 18
Spangher+45? to Hawthorn for pick 35
Pick 35 to Brisbane for Sherman

Draft:
4: Darling (Day if available)
18: Andreoli/Lamb (depending on who shapes better)
26: Lamb/Andreoli

PSD: Krakouer

Delist:
Lynch (taken by GC)
Bones (retire)
Wilkes
Nicoski
Dalziell
Sullivan

Upgrade:
Wilson
Stevenson
Strijk

Rookie:
No idea on names, but a mature backup ruckman would be nice, as would a project ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no.
There's a long list of players that are proven hacks that need to be moved on.

Problem comes with who do we replace them with? Just how deep into the draft can we go? Replacing a mature age hack with a young draftee hack is pointless.

From your previous list of 11, Rosa, A.Selwood & McKinley don't deserve to be moved on.

McKinley wants to go. It's not a question of whether he deserves it or not or is an AFL standard player or not. The way the coaches want to set up there is no place for him in our forward line.

Rosa and Selwood definately deserve to go. The only argument for keeping them on is that they are both mid 20's with 100 games under their belt and therefore are more physcially mature than 20 year old with 10 games. Nobody can or has ever argued on here that those two guys actually impact on games and make a significant contribution. There is no more potential left in those two. What they are now is as good as they will ever be and the are simply not good enough. Move them on and get somebody who at least does have potential to be good in the future even if they don't impact any more than Selwood or Rosa in short term rather than persist with two blokes who don't impact now and have no potential left and no reason to believe that they will ever be able to impact in the future either.

I think we will get Atley or Darling as I dont think Goldcoast will take 3 midfielders, plus if ablett goes they will have 3 of the best anyway and if day is the next best he will be picked up at 3 for sure as they wouldnt want 4 mids.

For everyone who has a hard on for JON, he has shown nothing this year and should be the first out the door.

Trade-
1-Lynch
2-Spangher
3-Mckinley
4-Hansen
5-M.Brown

Delist/Retire if Cant Trade-
6-Nicoski- Retire
7-Brett Jones- Retire
8-Wilkes- Delist
1-JON- Delist
2-Sullivan- Re-rookie list if possible otherwise delist.

Re- Rookie
Notte- Drop to Rookie list.
L.Broome
A.Cockie- Has been hit with injuries this year but is well liked at the club.

Upgrade-
Hams.- Straight swap with Notte
3-Strijk.
4-Wilson.

Thats 8 picks in ND and 4 in Rookie Draft.
Our first 3 are all that matters and until trade week we have #4, #24, #26 but I believe we will look for 1 or 2 upgrades on those picks.
The only real certainty for us atm is pick 4 and that is J.Darling.

the first 3 are already set in stone.
1) D.Swollow- GC- Midfielder
2) H.Bennell- GC- Mid/HFF
3) S.Day- GC- Ruck/Forward
4) Wce- Jack Darling- Forward
5) A.Gaff- GC- Midfielder
6) Richmond- Jared Polec- Midfielder
7) D.Gorringe- GC- Ruck
8) Ess- T.Lynch- Full Forward
9) S.Atley- GC- Midfielder
10) Brisbane- Mitch Hallahan- Midfielder
11) Sebastian Tape- GC- Defender

Thats my top 11 and where they will go.
With our next 2 picks if we can get Reece Conca and Dion Prestia I will be over the Moon.:thumbsu:

IMO WC will do fewer player movements than people think and that I would like.

If I was in charge this is how I would go

1) Vet list Glass and Cox
2) Delist Wilkes, Brett Jones and Nicoski (the latter 2 after payouts) from main list and Cockie and Sullivan from rookie list
3) Spanger + #28 to GC for #15
4) Mckinley + #45 to Carlton for #38 ish (those that think Blues will give up #18 for him + WC's #26 are dreaming)
5) Lynch is GC bound for around
6) Upgrade Wilson, Stephenson and Strijk
7) Use 4 picks in ND - #4, 15, 26 and 38 and 1 x PSD

Reckon
-- Rosa will stay but not fussed if he doesnt
-- Those calling for Selwood snr to be traded (Geoffe Miles) might as well go and piss into the breeze
-- Dalziell was given a 2yr deal and will NOT be delisted/traded after just 1 yr irregardless of how anyone feels about him
-- Have feeling Hansen will be kept for insurance

Big call on mitch Brown there ant

If we trade Brown, spangher and Wilkes we will have no back up in the Backline?

Would GC try and truph us and take Darling at 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist, Trade, Draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back