Delist, Trade, Draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

If Josh Hill played as a FP and Sherman as a HFF, who does WC leave out of the side? Strijk and Hams? I wouldn't prefer Hill and Sherman over what we have at present.

WC need the list space. Trade out of WC players should be for pick upgrades, if WC want room for rookie upgrades as well as 3-4 ND selections.

IMO, Rosa for Josh Hill is a terrible trade for WC. A type we need is Rosa. One we don't need is Josh Hill.
If WC wanted to play another medium tall, why didn't they play McKinley? McKinley may provide less defensive pressure as opposed to J.Hill, but he'll kick the team more goals. Why would WC replace like for like, with a downgrade at that?

Is Sherman quality enough to replace one of our midfield rotations who's resting on a HFF? IMO, he's not. Shuey, Ebert and/
or Stevens is the type I think WC should have rotating through that position. Sherman doesn't measure up to these guys.

We have players to cover Rosa and both Sherman and Hill can play wing or forward, remember the Rosa trade is one forced by Rosa not the club.

Forward line?

J Hill Wilson Hams

Sherman Kennedy Strijk

Le Cras to play wing and can rest forward rotating with Sherman / Hams.

TBH I think we should chase Leroy Jetta instead of Hill, looks like he's is more of a winger / mid than a small forward but as a 4th year player he is close to reaching his peak and would love Subi. Also best mates with Ryder and their young families / wives spend a fair bit of time together. A fair few Dons supporters are concerned about Ryder following Jetta West.;)

Ebert is slowly getting better kicking for goal but is far from a noted goal kicker, Stevens is a midfield bull, not a HFF, Shuey is a midfield gun who will kick goals.

McKinely is simply to slow and lacks defensive pressure, can kick goals and take a mark but needs a gun midfield kicking it to him.

J Hill is interesting, Eade gave him a serve a couple of months ago and Hill didn't respond well to that coaching style, still isn't named as an emergency even with all of the Dogs injuries and has been left out two finals in a row. His best is very good but he is in a major form slump. A posible PSD pick up instead?

I'd be rapt with.

Sherman for Rosa or a 2nd rounder.
Jetta for Stevenson + pick 44
J Hill in the PSD.

Adds pace, goal kicking and experience but all are 24 or younger, two are West Australians and Sherman supported the Eagles as a kid.:thumbsu:

We have players to cover Rosa and both Sherman and Hill can play wing or forward, remember the Rosa trade is one forced by Rosa not the club.

Forward line?

J Hill Wilson Hams

Sherman Kennedy Strijk

Le Cras to play wing and can rest forward rotating with Sherman / Hams.

TBH I think we should chase Leroy Jetta instead of Hill, looks like he's is more of a winger / mid than a small forward but as a 4th year player he is close to reaching his peak and would love Subi. Also best mates with Ryder and their young families / wives spend a fair bit of time together. A fair few Dons supporters are concerned about Ryder following Jetta West.;)

Ebert is slowly getting better kicking for goal but is far from a noted goal kicker, Stevens is a midfield bull, not a HFF, Shuey is a midfield gun who will kick goals.

McKinely is simply to slow and lacks defensive pressure, can kick goals and take a mark but needs a gun midfield kicking it to him.

J Hill is interesting, Eade gave him a serve a couple of months ago and Hill didn't respond well to that coaching style, still isn't named as an emergency even with all of the Dogs injuries and has been left out two finals in a row. His best is very good but he is in a major form slump. A posible PSD pick up instead?

I'd be rapt with.

Sherman for Rosa or a 2nd rounder.
Jetta for Stevenson + pick 44
J Hill in the PSD.

Adds pace, goal kicking and experience but all are 24 or younger, two are West Australians and Sherman supported the Eagles as a kid.:thumbsu:

WC have Sheppard, Houlihan and Stevenson who can play on a wing to replace Rosa. Houlihan isn't as good as Rosa, ATM though.
WC need better quality wingman than Sherman and J.Hill if they're to improve on 2010. It's not enough just to say that they can play a role on a wing, there has to be quality in those 2 important roles. Sherman and J.Hill aren't quality enough. They're a downgrade on what we already have.

If Rosa leaves??? Rosa seeking more money and holding out for a better deal isn't saying he's leaving. The speculation comes from his holding out. There's nothing unusual about handling negotiations this way.

If WC went with your forward line proposal, where is 1 of our rotating midfielders going to be when resting? There would be no other option but on the bench. Again, WC are downgrading by having Sherman on a HFF, while Shuey, Ebert or Stevens is on the bench.
Another issue is that WC won't be able to play as many of their up and coming midfielders in the same team if Sherman, J.Hill, Strijk and Hams all play in the same side. Better quality youngsters that WC already have would have to make room for these 2. That's unacceptable.

Leroy Jetta plays best as a centre square midfielder, not as a wingman, HFF or FP.
Trading for Leroy Jetta is a waste, considering the over abundance of inside types WC already possess. He isn't quality enough to take the place of our youngsters either.
The talk of Ryder coming with Leroy, eventually, is fairy tale stuff. I don't pay heed to that talk.

The point of having a rotating midfielder on a HFF is to keep quality players on the field longer, rather than having them on the bench where they can't influence a game. Given that, Shuey, Ebert and Stevens are better players, that will give more than Sherman or J.Hill. It's not just a matter of who's the more natural goal kicking HFF. Winning contests in the forward line is where our current rotating midfielders will excel over J.Hill and Sherman.

Being able to fit in more quality midfielders into the 22 is why a midfielder starts as a HFF. I named Shuey, Ebert and Stevens over Swift and Masten because the former 3, I think, are more likely to snag a goal in their time up forward than the latter 2.
Shuey, Ebert and Stevens will win contested ball in the forward line. The 2 newbies won't. Winning clearances in the forward line leads to setting up goals for others. Sherman and J.Hill will have to seagull for their goals or be lead and mark types; which goes back to saying that we already have a better type in McKinley.

I think WC have enough players who could play as a HFF. Josh Hill is behind many and will be WAFL bound a lot of the time. Gerrick Weedon too, is developing and waiting for his chance at AFL, which I believe will start as a HFF.

As spudish as Jonathan Griffin has been at Adelaide, I think he's a real chance to become an Eagle by way of the PSD. Eagles need another Ruckman for Ruck depth, but are unlikely to use a ND pick, IMO. Griffin is a logical option as a PSD draftee, if WC rate him.

Sherman is a downgrade on Rosa. Sherman is inconsistency personified.
Jetta for Stevenson and pick 44 is not only horrible, but it gives us another inside player when WC desperately need quality outside players. It's not a matter of personal opinion on who one thinks is a better player, the team needs to have a balance of types; Jetta makes this situation even more dire.
J.Hill as a Wingman simply won't happen. He's obsolete before he even arrives at WC. He already has others ahead on the pecking order. For this reason, this trade would be foolish.

I'd prefer to retain Brett Jones over Nicoski if I had to choose but long term neither is the answer to the team. I'm wondering if the reason Nicoski is being retained is because he's become some what of a mentor to the younger guys?

Hopefully Stevenson makes the cut, he's finally starting to blossom and i'd hate to see another team reap the rewards of our 3 years of development

Pick 4, 44 and 60 for Brennan and Sherman?

Get two 100 game outside mids who kick goals and are quick.

How does Le Cras and Brennan rotating off one wing and a forward pocket sound.:eek::):thumbsu:
Overpaying heavily.
Sherman isn't worth much more than 44+60 and brennan isn't worth pick 4.
26+28+44 is closer to the money.

How does Le Cras and Brennan rotating off one wing and a forward pocket sound.:eek::):thumbsu:

It sounds great in theory, but Brennan is 27 next year so there is no way we will be parting with pick 4 for him.

So griffen not worth pick 4? ;) (yes i know he signed)

Likely worth pick 4 (Griffen has been a very good player in finals recently so his performance yesterday was no suprise), but not worth pick 4 + 2nd rounder + mickinley like some foolish poster proposed. ;)

As P666 said it sounds great but we're paying too much. Maybe Rosa, our second rounder and McKinley instead. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan is too old to trade for, I would have a crack at Salopek from Port Adelaide and Armitage at St Kilda.

Armitage we don't need, we have enough inside mids. He is coming off a knee reco too. Salopek would be okay but not a massive improvement, he has dodgy shoulders though.

Sherman and Jetta would be ideal.

Ok going left field a tad here.;)

I wonder what deal Hooper got at the Hawks, 1 or 2 years?
He had a couple of hammie issues but basically if Cyril is in he is struggling to get into the side. Cyril with hammie issues that have plauged the Rioli's for generations may not be able to run as a midfielder and be restricted to being the x factor small forward.

If out of contract off Hooper a better deal via the PSD.

Cam Stokes also looks to being delisted, I'd risk a rookie spot on him for sure if his knee is coming along as planned.:thumbsu:

Ok going left field a tad here.;)

I wonder what deal Hooper got at the Hawks, 1 or 2 years?
He had a couple of hammie issues but basically if Cyril is in he is struggling to get into the side. Cyril with hammie issues that have plauged the Rioli's for generations may not be able to run as a midfielder and be restricted to being the x factor small forward.

If out of contract off Hooper a better deal via the PSD.

Cam Stokes also looks to being delisted, I'd risk a rookie spot on him for sure if his knee is coming along as planned.:thumbsu:
Would you go for Cam Stokes over Garry Moss (IMHO much better, and a WA kid to boot)?

FWIW, on SEN this morning they were relaying some unattributed inside talk from GC that they were in the running for two big names from WA - one being Pav, the other unspecified. Tim Watson put 2+2 together and expressed the view they might still be chasing Cox.

I know we've debated this till the cows come home but personally I think we should be open to a Cox trade for the right price - which IMO would be schnaffling Bennell at the very least.

FWIW, on SEN this morning they were relaying some unattributed inside talk from GC that they were in the running for two big names from WA - one being Pav, the other unspecified. Tim Watson put 2+2 together and expressed the view they might still be chasing Cox.

I know we've debated this till the cows come home but personally I think we should be open to a Cox trade for the right price - which IMO would be schnaffling Bennell at the very least.

I'm assuming Cox is contracted so it would have to be a trade.

Pick #2 for Cox allowing us to get Bennell = I'd take it.

However I doubt GC would do it.

I'm assuming Cox is contracted so it would have to be a trade.

Pick #2 for Cox allowing us to get Bennell = I'd take it.

However I doubt GC would do it.

They would be insane to. Cox would be traded for their pick 15 if he was to be traded. But i think he is slightly too old for their liking. They'd probably be looking at a ruck a little younger.

Well I think we all got Mckinley to be traded

update
To be Traded - Spangher, Mckinley

Delisted - Sullivan(R) Cookie(R)

upgraded - Strijke, Wilson

rookies retained - JON, Hams, Broome

Gives us 38 senior listed players and 3 rookies

If we put glass and Embley on the vets list we will only have 1 rookie pick

Still need to lose 1 more player to gain 3 picks in the draft (Hansen)

Will be interesting to see if we Rookie Aaron Elari this year.

Was overlooked in the draft last year after winning the Colts medal. I believe Perth have a policy not to play their colts in the seniors until later in the year.

However in his first year of seniors he comes top 10 in the Sandover.

I know he isn't as big and quick - but he finds the ball well and has decent skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist, Trade, Draft game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back