Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypothetical.
WCE receive pick 12, Chris Yarran & Kane Lucas
Carlton receive Andrew Gaff & Luke Shuey.
Would you guys consider this fair?

You've got to be kidding

This is how I would value each player

Yarran = Pick 17
Lucas = Pick 25
Pick 12

Gaff = Pick 7
Shuey = Pick 4

So it's 4 and 7 for 12, 17 and 25? What makes it worse is you are also weakening our weakest part of the ground.

Going back to Yarran. He's had 18 games of 20 touches or more, out his 84 career games. I'm just really struggling to see what he's bringing to the table. We don't need midfielders who can't find the ball.

People on here didn't think Wellingham was worth what we gave up for him last year either. His possession numbers were far from impressive and he was inconsistent.

It seems this board is very split at the moment. Half go on about the club not taking risks and being boring and predictable but then when risks are mentioned like going after Yarren and hoping that the talented 22 year old can improve in a new environment is shut down by a lot of people.

People on here didn't think Wellingham was worth what we gave up for him last year either. His possession numbers were far from impressive and he was inconsistent.

It seems this board is very split at the moment. Half go on about the club not taking risks and being boring and predictable but then when risks are mentioned like going after Yarren and hoping that the talented 22 year old can improve in a new environment is shut down by a lot of people.

Sharrod had proved himself as a midfielder. I just don't think Yarran is a genuine midfielder. I'm not opposed to getting him, just wouldn't give up much given he doesn't address the area of most need (midfield).

I read through these threads about trading players in and out of West Coast. What I can’t understand is that most suggestion is to trade out non- West Aussies and trade in West Aussies. I don’t think this is the answer. There are about 700 players in the AFL that could change our list some way or another regardless of where they originate from but we seem to channel in on West Aussies. We wastes a whole week in trade trying to get Cripps yet I don’t see why. His a young and a fair player but did we just go for him cause his West Aussie and wanted to come home? Josh Hill the previous year.

I look at Sydney and their recruits are from all over their place. Their list managers would look at what they need and get a list of possibilities regardless of where they are from and go out for them. Kennedy, McGlyn, Shaw, Mumford are examples of that.

People are suggesting to trade out Gaff and Shuey. They must be kidding. Why cause they are Victorians? Why not trade out Sheppherd? His a player we don’t need. Why cause his a West Aussie we should assume that he has to stay. Until we change that mentality we won’t be going forward as a club.

Sharrod had proved himself as a midfielder. I just don't think Yarran is a genuine midfielder. I'm not opposed to getting him, just wouldn't give up much given he doesn't address the area of most need (midfield).

I see Yarran as more of a High HFF that can push up the ground and add some outside class to packs, move the ball forward of center with flair and creativity while averaging at least a goal a game.

Yarran would add a lot to our team. It's all about price. He's not worth us giving up pick 6 for. Our second rounder is about right - but he is contracted. How badly does Mick want him gone, how badly does Yarran want to leave?

Nic Nat and Yarran would be a great combo to watch at stoppages forward of center.

He won't be a genuine inside/outside midfielder. We would hope to turn him into a Hill from Freo type.

Hawthorn have Smith/Hill, Geelong have Motlop, Freo have Hill, Sydney had Jetta in their premiership. Outside goal kicking midfielders with pace. He would need to improve his work rate and tank but if he didn't have flaws he wouldn't be available. As I said it's a risk but at the right price he could be a great get.

First Round pick would then have to be used on Sheed rather than a Bontembelli type if we were to pick him up.

Sheed, Yarren and Yeo would be a very good off season for us imo.

Our trading hasn't really been the issue - we have not generally sought out high profile players to encourage them to come over to WA with a preference for building through the draft. If, however, a WA player is looking to come home and expresses an interest in coming to West Coast then we look at it with pretty good success - Chick, Stenglein, Hill, Wellingham and Cripps were all acquired this way.

Our weakness has been holding on to some players too long when it has become apparent they are not really AFL standard and as Eagle87 (and some others)
has continually pointed out we have not made full use of the numerous top 30 picks we have had over the last 5 or 6 years. The strategy of building through the draft is sound but our implementation of it has failed

FB: Glass Emac Waters
HB: Hurn Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Selwood Wellingham
HF: Yarran Darling Sheed
FF: Lecras Kennedy Hill
R: Naitanui Masten Shuey

I: Cox Priddis Rosa S: Kerr

I think it's time to consider trading a couple of Lecas, Hurn, Rosa and Priddis.

Hurn and Priddis to GWS for Coniglio?

FB: Glass Emac Waters
HB: Hurn Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Selwood Wellingham
HF: Yarran Darling Sheed
FF: Lecras Kennedy Hill
R: Naitanui Masten Shuey

I: Cox Priddis Rosa S: Kerr

I think it's time to consider trading a couple of Lecas, Hurn, Rosa and Priddis.

Hurn and Priddis to GWS for Coniglio?
Love that HF line! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the least that Carlton will accept for Yarran? I still think that would be a fair bit. I'm not really confident that we'll get Conca or Yeo, but I would really like Yarran.

Would Carlton accept 6 and 24-27 for Yarran and 12? I don't think anyone on this board would want to pay that much. I don't think anyone on the Carlton board would accept so little.

But I think that this is around the mark for what a deal may look like if it eventuates.

If that deal was on the table in the last hour of trade week, what would you prefer?

6 and 24-27

or

12 and Yarran?

What is the least that Carlton will accept for Yarran? I still think that would be a fair bit. I'm not really confident that we'll get Conca or Yeo, but I would really like Yarran.

Would Carlton accept 6 and 24-27 for Yarran and 12? I don't think anyone on this board would want to pay that much. I don't think anyone on the Carlton board would accept so little.

But I think that this is around the mark for what a deal may look like if it eventuates.

If that deal was on the table in the last hour of trade week, what would you prefer?

6 and 24-27

or

12 and Yarran?

Sheed

6 and 24-27

or

12 and Yarran?
6 and 24 every day of the week.

11 and Conca would be more desirable and understandable given our needs.

I see Yarran as more of a High HFF that can push up the ground and add some outside class to packs, move the ball forward of center with flair and creativity while averaging at least a goal a game.

Yarran is an average lead up player and can't read the ball off packs that well, if he could he'd be averaging more than ten touches a game. This isn't some new problem, he's never got a lot of the ball at any level. He sits very wide of most stoppages, irrespective of if he's defensively or offensively positioned.

Yarran would add a lot to our team. It's all about price. He's not worth us giving up pick 6 for. Our second rounder is about right - but he is contracted. How badly does Mick want him gone, how badly does Yarran want to leave?

Nic Nat and Yarran would be a great combo to watch at stoppages forward of center.

With any luck nothing will come of it. We've got a midfield deficit and that should be our primary concern this off season.

6 and 24-27

or

12 and Yarran?

Mate 6 (and maybe steak knives, not 24) for Yarran and 12 would be enough, nothing more. Yarran has simply not done enough in his 80+ games to warrant this much value. Think I'd rather just go draft then take a dip in the trade pool. Our list isn't at the stage where top ups are required. Go youth.

6 and 24 for conca and 11 is more reasonable. But I still think we should be addressing our needs via the draft.

Roll on draft day. So bored of this 'off season' already.

Mate 6 (and maybe steak knives, not 24) for Yarran and 12 would be enough, nothing more. Yarran has simply not done enough in his 80+ games to warrant this much value. Think I'd rather just go draft then take a dip in the trade pool. Our list isn't at the stage where top ups are required. Go youth.

6 and 24 for conca and 11 is more reasonable. But I still think we should be addressing our needs via the draft.

I don't think Carlton would trade 12 and Yarran for 6. I'd happily turn down the deal I proposed, but I think that's what Carlton will want for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back