O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

CFC should take some risks this draft and unload some players that clubs would be interested in order to recruit some players that they can look to help improve the side .

Holy shit that's a turnover too big even for a club who isn't need of a full clean out.

I can see us delisting 4-5 guys and trading 1-2 players. This isn't the NBA or NFL where players change teams more then there underwear. You can't just delist or trade 15-20 senior players and hope that 20 skinny kids will improve our depth.

Yarran can't be traded and I'm pretty sure rookie's can't bet traded either.

So between Delistings and trades we move 17 players, Man i may be drunk and tired after flying back for Brisbane, but even im not stupid enough to suggest that sort of player turn over, what ever you are smoking can i have alot of it?

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? )
O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

CFC should take some risks this draft and unload some players that clubs would be interested in order to recruit some players that they can look to help improve the side .

I hope we dont get rid of the 4 in bold.
We need Jacobs as a back up ruckman in case one of robbie or hampson falls during the up and coming season.
Eddie has played his best season yet and you want him gone, you must be outta your mind.
I hope to God that we dont get rid of Joey, as he is a handy. He also has a really nice girlfriend, i was talking to her today at the ANTS game.
We just need Hammer, so its a NO NO!!

This could be the year where a club is willing to give up their surplus players for a draft pick or seek a player they want if they feel they have enough kids on their list

Whether we want a player or draft pick then it may be easier this year.

Lets get rid of Armfield. Whats the point of having a player that cannot kick and turns the ball over at every opportunity he gets. He might defend barely ok but when he gets the ball he turns into a butcher.

Lets get rid of Armfield. Whats the point of having a player that cannot kick and turns the ball over at every opportunity he gets. He might defend barely ok but when he gets the ball he turns into a butcher.

Armfield was our best defender last night.

I really cant see why some people on here don't rate him.

You're just... well... wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How am I wrong?? I said he was an ok defender but he turns it over more than a pancake chef. You watch the Blues players avoid giving him the ball when he is free. He panicks when he gets the ball and rushes every kick and handball

Delist

Bentick - bold = yep
Fisher - contracted next year
Hartlett
Bannister

Wiggins - will get another year as a depth player
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? ) - why now with his trade value at its lowest?
O'Hailpin ( Syd?) - we really missed a fit Setanta at CHF
Hampson ( Hawthorn? ) - promising young ruckman to a premiership rival?
Anderson (Bris?) - maybe, but why would they?
Yarran ( WCE? ) - no, premature
Betts ( Bulldogs?) - no, silly
Browne ( Freo?) - maybe
Jacobs ( Port? ) - maybe, if they rate him as highly as we do
Cloke ( Richmond?) - even they're not that stupid (though one BF poster did seriously suggest re-drafting Rory Hilton)

There's a difference between taking some risks and decimating your list. Even Freo only turned over 11 last year!

We are not starting from scratch. We just made the eight despite not having our CHB and FB for most of the year and a bunch of others critical to our team. Relax!

Some of the things in this thread are madness, especially the same old rubbish about Yarran that keeps getting dredged up.

how can we be calling for yarren to be traded honest to god, when he comes good i will enjoy watching people come crawling back

armfield is a deadset hack that should not be wearing that jumper. whats he good for? all he can relaly do is run, run fast. But when he gets the ball he always seems to ether offload is straight away because he shits himself or hold it for too damn long and get caught. im sick of these kick of hope players like him and after last ngihts final, grigg needs to look at himself aswell.

Yarran will be an absolute Jet. He is still young and as soon as he gets used to the speed of the AFL he will be hard to stop. Give him a fair chance before everyone gets on his back.

armfield is a deadset hack that should not be wearing that jumper. whats he good for? all he can relaly do is run, run fast. But when he gets the ball he always seems to ether offload is straight away because he shits himself or hold it for too damn long and get caught. im sick of these kick of hope players like him and after last ngihts final, grigg needs to look at himself aswell.

i don't reckon armfield lost a single one-on-one contest last night. and although his kicking lets him down... if he can attack the ball like he did last night and dish it off to someone with better disposal, he is certainly in our best 22 for 2010 and beyond. miles ahead of someone like chris johnson, who (apparently) has sublime footskills but none of the commitment and desperation that army plays with.

Delist

Bentick
Fisher
Hartlett
Bannister
Wiggins
Pfeiffer
Edwards
Bentley

Trade

Grigg ( Melb? )
O'Hailpin ( Syd?)
Hampson ( Hawthorn? )
Anderson (Bris?)
Yarran ( WCE? )
Betts ( Bulldogs?)
Browne ( Freo?)
Jacobs ( Port? )
Cloke ( Richmond?)

While we are at it, we might as well trade warnock because he has never played for the club, might as well trade murphy because he is a downhill skiier, might as well trade Fevola because he didn't kick 100 goals.

These calls you have made are just outrageous mate!!

You are clearly forgetting the match against Hawthorn, dying seconds, he runs the gauntlet and pin-points the pass to Fevola.

He's a clutch player and I pretty damn pleased with him this year. Not saying there isn't room for improvement, but to say he shits himself under pressure is a gross overstatement.

Stick him on the half-back flank and we'll have one of the quickest rebounding defenders in the game.

Really starting to warm to Armfield. Love his dash and defensive pressure. Kicking isn't that great but has a heap of potential and would be crazy to trade him for what a 3rd round pick or some shit?
give me a break

Deadset hack? hahahaha mate you and scullman are a joke, learn to watch the game! Armfield is going to be at carlton for the next 10 years and is definitely in our best 22. He has improved massively this year and is only going to get better and better. 90% of the time he convincingly beats his opponent and shuts them down on the day! Get over your pre concieved ideas that he is a bad kick aswell, go back and look at his disposal effectiveness, his kickign has improved 10 fold. Yes it does still need a bit of work, but go back and watch some games and look at some of long effective kicks he has done, some were absolutely sublime. Even if you go and watch the collingwood game from last year i think where he runs down the wing evades a player covers the wing with a couple of bounces then pinpoints it with a low driving kick to fev on the chest and fev puts it through the big sticks! It just shows how good a kick he can be and in time if he can do that 9 out of 10 times he is going to be a star. Even look at some of the great left foot kicks he has done aswell, he isn't afraid to go on his non prefered which is a great attribute. You haters of Army need to get over yourselves and watch the game properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist / Trade Thread ...Have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back