Delisted Free Agents - Are We Interested

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have no idea why we decided to upgrade Spurr, don't get me wrong I think he is a good player but list management wise it was an odd decision.
It didn't make sense to me until we got rid of Broughton. I would have preferred Clancee upgraded instead, but Spurr played some really good games down back. Shut down Callinan in the Semi against the Crows.

I still have no idea why we decided to upgrade Spurr, don't get me wrong I think he is a good player but list management wise it was an odd decision.

I think he will be starting back pocket next year, and with broughton going we have a limited number of back pocket players who can play on a small forward.

No thanks. He's a ****** off the field plus he's 27? and that would be taking up the spot of a player we could get in the 20-24 range.

We don't have many players between 27 and 30, so if RTB wants him I would happily have him on our list.
I would happily delist Roberton, Anthony, Faulks, Crichton then.

Resign Ibbo
Draft Gram on a minimum contract (St Kilda pay most of it) through PSD
Use picks 17, 37, 40 - Draft two KP players (not ruckmen) and rookie at least one more.

The only question you need to ask with Gram is will he improve our team in the next two years over a Faulks who I think would be competing for the same spot.

I think he will be starting back pocket next year, and with broughton going we have a limited number of back pocket players who can play on a small forward.

We don't have many players between 27 and 30, so if RTB wants him I would happily have him on our list.
I would happily delist Roberton, Anthony, Faulks, Crichton then.

Resign Ibbo
Draft Gram on a minimum contract (St Kilda pay most of it) through PSD
Use picks 17, 37, 40 - Draft two KP players (not ruckmen) and rookie at least one more.

The only question you need to ask with Gram is will he improve our team in the next two years over a Faulks who I think would be competing for the same spot.
Simple answer Gram >>>> Faulks, but is he worth the risk? When it's all said and done Faulks was / is a back up player. Gram would be best 22.

Simple answer Gram >>>> Faulks, but is he worth the risk? When it's all said and done Faulks was / is a back up player. Gram would be best 22.

RTB will know him and therefore the risk.

If RTB say's he is, then sign him as he will make us closer to the premiership in the next 2-3 years with out harming our next window.

Wtf is all this Gram talk.

Why would we waste our time getting yet another player to play as a loose man down back that occasionally pushes as high as the forward line.
We have MJ who had a massive season disposal wise and is generally very efficient.
We have Duffield
Also Ibbo plays loose at times, not to mention mcphee likes to run off his man.

Dont know what Grams deal is but it must be fairly serious.
Even if it was absolutely nothing we do not want and do not need.

Reimers how ever could be very valueable, can play forward and midfield.
Better than Wellingham.
He can be our bogan douche, instead of us having a hipster douche.

Cannot believe there is discussion about Gram. I'll be in shock if we are trying to get him to the club, can't see what he offers that we don't have. Duffield and Ibbo are equivalent. It's not like Gram is some hard-nosed defender or anything, he gets loose ball and strolls up the park, then boots it 60m, wowee..

It didn't make sense to me until we got rid of Broughton. I would have preferred Clancee upgraded instead, but Spurr played some really good games down back. Shut down Callinan in the Semi against the Crows.

Fair call, I guess my feeling is that in a year with such a small pool to delist from it couldn't have hurt to keep Spurr on the rookie list. Playing the odds there will be an LTI either in the pre-season or the first month of the regular season. Plus I am pretty sure since we aren't really on the edge of the salary cap we could put one player on the Vets list and use Spurr as the nominated rookie.

Clancee is being upgraded along with Spurr.

Cannot believe there is discussion about Gram. I'll be in shock if we are trying to get him to the club, can't see what he offers that we don't have. Duffield and Ibbo are equivalent. It's not like Gram is some hard-nosed defender or anything, he gets loose ball and strolls up the park, then boots it 60m, wowee..

Not to mention he kicks it without any real thought or plan. His turnovers are a serious problem not to mention his off field issues.

I hope that we give Cook from Melbourne a serious go. I heard that his VFL team Casey did the wrong thing by his development and were far more interested in Fevola. This kid is a high draft pick that deserves another go with a real club and serious development.

These days, his is us. Make it so Freo!

Not to mention he kicks it without any real thought or plan. His turnovers are a serious problem not to mention his off field issues.

I hope that we give Cook from Melbourne a serious go. I heard that his VFL team Casey did the wrong thing by his development and were far more interested in Fevola. This kid is a high draft pick that deserves another go with a real club and serious development.

These days, his is us. Make it so Freo!
Worth a rookie spot only

Wtf is all this Gram talk.

Why would we waste our time getting yet another player to play as a loose man down back that occasionally pushes as high as the forward line.
We have MJ who had a massive season disposal wise and is generally very efficient.
We have Duffield
Also Ibbo plays loose at times, not to mention mcphee likes to run off his man.

Dont know what Grams deal is but it must be fairly serious.
Even if it was absolutely nothing we do not want and do not need.

Reimers how ever could be very valueable, can play forward and midfield.
Better than Wellingham.
He can be our bogan douche, instead of us having a hipster douche.
My preference would be to use all our picks on young talent but if we ended up with a spare 4th pick. Reimers would be the one I would gamble on.

Fair call, I guess my feeling is that in a year with such a small pool to delist from it couldn't have hurt to keep Spurr on the rookie list. Playing the odds there will be an LTI either in the pre-season or the first month of the regular season. Plus I am pretty sure since we aren't really on the edge of the salary cap we could put one player on the Vets list and use Spurr as the nominated rookie.

I fully agree with this. But it actually rarely seems to happen. They seem to prefer to reward performing players with a spot on the list, even though as a the nominated rookie they are pretty sure to get game time. Perhaps the possibility that performing rookie could leave for a gig on another clubs main list is the reason.

Equally it surprised me that Moeller accepted a rookie spot. It is a great move for us given that he is unlikely to be a starter for a few seasons, and given the pressure we are under for spots on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Free Agents - Are We Interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back