List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we have zero KPD depth although we could do with more. We need to bolster a number of areas after reducing our squad to 39.

Our list currently has:
Small Backs: Impey, Burgoyne, Hardwick, Glass, Jiath
Mid Backs: Sicily, Stratton, Scrimshaw, Jones, Greaves
KPD: Frawley, Frost, Koshitzke

Inside Mid: Mitchell, Worpel, O'Meara, Howe, Shiels, Cousins
Outside Mid: Morrison, Smith, Scully, Henderson, Golds
Ruck: McEvoy, Ceglar, Reeves

Small Forward: Wingard, Breust, Puopolo, Walker, Moore, Hanrahan
Mid Forward: Gunston, Ross
KPF: Lewis, Patton, Nash, O'Brien

Granted Burgoyne, Wingard play multiple roles, as do several others.

I would be happy to take a punt on U18 All-Australian ruck Luke Jackson with our first pick if he is available as an athletic 199cm ruck/key forward but as far as targeting free agents that fill our needs I don't see any available that look likely to be in our best 22.
Walkers listed at 189cm I think he’s more a mid size , can take a strong contested mark .

If we keep a like for like list going, then we've moved on:
- Birchall (back flanker)
- Brand (KPD) (replaced by Frost)
- Pittonet (Ruck)
- Roughead (replaced by Patton)
- Minchington (Forward Pocket)
- Schoenmakers (KPF)
- Teia Miles (Small defender)
- Dave Mirra (medium defender)

Looks like we've got a few holes to fill still.
Didn't lose any midfielders so if we draft 1 or 2 of them we'll be changing the shape of our list a bit.

If we keep a like for like list going, then we've moved on:
- Birchall (back flanker)
- Brand (KPD) (replaced by Frost)
- Pittonet (Ruck)
- Roughead (replaced by Patton)
- Minchington (Forward Pocket)
- Schoenmakers (KPF)
- Teia Miles (Small defender)
- Dave Mirra (medium defender)

Looks like we've got a few holes to fill still.
Didn't lose any midfielders so if we draft 1 or 2 of them we'll be changing the shape of our list a bit.
Birchall, Mirra, Miles, Minchington, Shoenmakers and Pittonett hardly played senior footy in 2 years

Not sure replacing any of them is desperately needed in the short term

Scrimshaw replaces Birchall going off your list, the rest by draftees and the odd delisted free agent

Birchall, Mirra, Miles, Minchington, Shoenmakers and Pittonett hardly played senior footy in 2 years

Not sure replacing any of them is desperately needed in the short term

Scrimshaw replaces Birchall going off your list, the rest by draftees and the odd delisted free agent
No he's talking about replacing like for like in the context of our complete list

Going by recent history I’d say there’s a very good chance that the club will opt to take another DFA. Who will it be? :think:

Callum Moore
Connor Menadue
Jack Leslie
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Keays
Josh Walker
Michael Hartley
Fletcher Roberts
Jermaine Jones
Patrick Kerr
Keegan Brooksby
Lewis Pierce
Billy Stretch

Going by recent history I’d say there’s a very good chance that the club will opt to take another DFA. Who will it be? :think:

Callum Moore
Connor Menadue
Jack Leslie
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Keays
Josh Walker
Michael Hartley
Fletcher Roberts
Jermaine Jones
Patrick Kerr
Keegan Brooksby
Lewis Pierce
Billy Stretch
We should run a poll about this exact question!

No he's talking about replacing like for like in the context of our complete list
I’d doubt the list ever gets replenished this way

You draft best available

Top up with the odd delisted free agent

Sometimes you might end up with 3 rucks, or more mids etc but you wouldn’t say “we delisted a back pocket, better recruit one now”

Callum Moore
Connor Menadue
Jack Leslie
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Keays
Josh Walker
Michael Hartley
Fletcher Roberts
Jermaine Jones
Patrick Kerr
Keegan Brooksby
Lewis Pierce
Billy Stretch

:think: :think: :think:

If only there was a thread where people could offer their suggestions as to which of those names you've queried might be taken as a DFA

I’d doubt the list ever gets replenished this way

You draft best available

Top up with the odd delisted free agent

Sometimes you might end up with 3 rucks, or more mids etc but you wouldn’t say “we delisted a back pocket, better recruit one now”

But when 4-5 tall options leave, and only 2 in so far?

Callum Moore
Connor Menadue
Jack Leslie
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Keays
Josh Walker
Michael Hartley
Fletcher Roberts
Jermaine Jones
Patrick Kerr
Keegan Brooksby
Lewis Pierce
Billy Stretch
Was living next door to Lewis Pierce's uncle. He reckons the only reason he was on an AFL list is "cause he was tall.":D

Menedue because we lack pace.

Keays because he reinvented himself as a small forward and bagged 43 goals in the 2's. Need depth in this area.

Webb because I always felt he fit the Hawthorn mould being a nice, classy left footer.

Not adverse to the idea of Webb and gives up depth in the half back / wing positions and we do like a like an effective left footer. He has been unlikely with injuries the past few seasons and a change of scenery might be what he needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest they're all de listed because they lack either the talent / attitude / physical attributes.
There's no Ricky Henderson amongst that lot

Buyer beware
The only thing i'd say there is that Ricky Henderson wasn't really seen as being a valuable pick up at the time either. Some players thrive under a different environment.

Callum Moore
Connor Menadue
Jack Leslie
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Keays
Josh Walker
Michael Hartley
Fletcher Roberts
Jermaine Jones
Patrick Kerr
Keegan Brooksby
Lewis Pierce
Billy Stretch
Fletcher Roberts the pick for mine, young and has performed well at the highest level. JKH would be good depth whilst Impey is out.

I don't understand these threads.

Perhaps if the thread title was changed to:

Delisted Free Agents - should we be targeting any of these spuds?
Just because they're delisted, doesn't mean they don't have any use. Moore and Roberts, for example, could be handy if both Frawley and Frost go down.

They're fine to pick up as long as people don't expect them to be the next Hendo and realise that they're just depth.

Just because they're delisted, doesn't mean they don't have any use. Moore and Roberts, for example, could be handy if both Frawley and Frost go down.

They're fine to pick up as long as people don't expect them to be the next Hendo and realise that they're just depth.
Doesn't change the point of my post one iota.

This is not a new pool of highly talented players that we should scurry to pick over. Most won't see another AFL game. And there is a reason for that.

Doesn't change the point of my post one iota.

This is not a new pool of highly talented players that we should scurry to pick over. Most won't see another AFL game. And there is a reason for that.
only thing worth remembering is not every club has the same list needs or philosophy

no point getting super excited about the scrap heap but the club would be looking at a few DFA that they think could have a role even if it's just at VFL level.

pretty apparent that we walked a lot of KP depth/experience, short a depth ruck possibly etc

so while I agree that there doesn't look to be a Hendo or Ceglar on the list of available players this year that doesn't mean the club won't make any enquiries

only thing worth remembering is not every club has the same list needs or philosophy

no point getting super excited about the scrap heap but the club would be looking at a few DFA that they think could have a role even if it's just at VFL level.

pretty apparent that we walked a lot of KP depth/experience, short a depth ruck possibly etc

so while I agree that there doesn't look to be a Hendo or Ceglar on the list of available players this year that doesn't mean the club won't make any enquiries
Again, my point stands - with the question 'should we be targeting any of these spuds?'

If you feel we should, then an argument would be put up to justify it. EG X is 205cm and we just traded Pitto, so he could be insurance if both BB and Cegs go down and Reeves is not ready. Perfectly fine.

Again, my point stands - with the question 'should we be targeting any of these spuds?'

If you feel we should, then an argument would be put up to justify it. EG X is 205cm and we just traded Pitto, so he could be insurance if both BB and Cegs go down and Reeves is not ready. Perfectly fine.
I'm more in the if the answer is no one then post that, no need to have the thread title be insulting

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Back