List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more in the if the answer is no one then post that, no need to have the thread title be insulting
Oh, FFS.

The point was about the way questions are posed and from whose point of view the response should be. But have it your way.

And I humbly apologize to all those players that I have ever referred to as a spud.

This guy has serious acceleration, a good tank, and gets votes from the umps.

Luke Partington, Age:22, Ht: 181cm, Wt: 79kgs

2019 S.A. State Combine
TestPlayerResult
20m sprintLuke Partington2.87 seconds
Yo-YoLuke Partington21.2
Top 3 from 2019 National Draft Combine: 20m sprint: Sam Philp: 2.867 seconds, Ben Johnson: 2.885, Malcolm Rosas: 2.924

Yo-Yo: Jay Rantall: 21.8 level, Cooper Stephens: 21.8, Connor Budarick: 21.6

2019 Magarey Medal Result
PLAYERCLUBVOTES
Luke PartingtonGlenelg26 (winner)
Patrick WilsonAdelaide21
Lewis JohnstonNorwood17
2019 SANFL ave. stats; K: 16.8, H: 12.3, D: 29.1, Disposal efficiency: 82%, M: 4.4, T: 5.5, C: 4.9, G:18, B: 16

The question on him at West Coast centred on his defensive running and impact per touch.

Last edited:
Ben Keays averaged 23 touches, almost 5 tackles and kicked 57 goals as a small forward in the NEAFL this year. I would take a punt on him

Last edited:
I didn't reply to the poll as the guys I was interested in are not on the list.

Example recent DFA's such as Tom McKenzie ex Roos rookie who was only drafted last year is a huge hawk supporter.
He was tipped to go early on in 2018 draft but slid to the rookie draft.
I know he has had some back issues but think it's all okay now.
He is a good kick, can run well and be good depth and even on the Roos board they say he is more like a hawk player.
If his body is fine he is good youth to bring in.

The other is Cody Hirst ex Eastern Rangers taken in mid season draft to the Swans.
The kid can play.

These are the types of midfield or utility players that the club could bring in.
There is also a need for another ruck, not sure who would be a best fit.

I'd rather the club get guys on the younger side who are keen to be at the hawks and guys that can play in various positions
would be helpful, some guys get delisted too early and easily the younger the better.

DFA to the best option and rookie 1 or 2 - I liked Hendo whilst at the Crows but players like him are hard to find.

We have interviewed Partington.

What eventuates from that is anyone’s guess.
Partington was getting some rave reviews on the WCE Board a while back. Not sure what happened? Maybe too far back in the pecking order at the time or lacking maturity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Why would we want to find another Henderson or J.Simpkin?
As I said earlier, the point in picking up DFAs is not to find another diamond in the rough. This should not be the expectation. They are picked up as depth to cover injuries.

Also, despite being a Premiership player, I don't think I'd put Simpkin in the same bracket as Hendo. He was good enough to do what we needed him to do in a game that really mattered, but never starred and wasn't on our list for long. Hendo holds his place in our 22 outright.

Partington was getting some rave reviews on the WCE Board a while back. Not sure what happened? Maybe too far back in the pecking order at the time or lacking maturity?

i think he won a B&F at the WAFL team he was at, then got delisted by premier WCE at the time and then won the SANFL B&F this season(Magarey Medal), i was hoping we picked him up last off season but we didnt, now it seems he might get another shot at AFL?

i think he won a B&F at the WAFL team he was at, then got delisted by premier WCE at the time and then won the SANFL B&F this season(Magarey Medal), i was hoping we picked him up last off season but we didnt, now it seems he might get another shot at AFL?
Does he have any elite attributes?

Does he have any elite attributes?

he just has a good all round game, kindve like Simpkin when he played as that backup midfielder that you could rely on, which wouldve been handy this year and maybe not so much needed next year with Titch coming back and our midfield depth expanding, but he would slot in ahead of Cousins in the midfield squad if we decided to pick him up imo.

Josh Walker, 26yrs, Ht: 1.97m, Wt: 100kgs.

He could be good cover for a number of positions. His best position seems to be full back, can play forward and in a pinch help out in the ruck.

Best AFL Stats as a KPB
2019 R3: 16 marks, 23 disposals, 1 tackle

Best AFL Stats as a Ruck (split time with Stefan Martin)
2016 R4: 21 HO, 15 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles.

Best AFL Stats as a KPF
2015 R18: 5 goals, 15 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles

“According to Champion Data, he was rated ‘elite’ for kicking efficiency (84.3%) and ‘above average’ for intercept marks (2.5).” (From: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...c/news-story/267042a0398470d0a1b2c6061073f65b)

I’d not be unhappy if we picked him up.

Edit: Dewnior -> our resident black hat. I value your opinion. Why the thumbs down?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Back