Delisted: Ladson, Morton and Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

I would prefer that we snag one of the mini-draft picks at the end of next season having had another 12 months to track the remaining kids progress.

It is the same situation next year I think RR.
Kids picked in next years mini draft cant play until 2014.

The kids that nominated this year and didnt get picked up ie: most of them, will go into next years National Draft and a new batch of kids will take their place.

Very surprised at Bruce. Thought his only good game was the one against GCS.

Right decision made with PJ. There will be lots of ruckmen available so I would invite 2 - 3 down to training (including him) and give the best one the last rookie list spot.

Also surprised at Menegola. Did he want to go home to WA? I thought he showed enough before he was injured that he might be a player. Is there anything suspicious about this?

It is the same situation next year I think RR.
Kids picked in next years mini draft cant play until 2014.

The kids that nominated this year and didnt get picked up ie: most of them, will go into next years National Draft and a new batch of kids will take their place.

Didnt realise that. Might go back and do some editing of my post!!!

Very surprised at Bruce. Thought his only good game was the one against GCS.

Right decision made with PJ. There will be lots of ruckmen available so I would invite 2 - 3 down to training (including him) and give the best one the last rookie list spot.

Also surprised at Menegola. Did he want to go home to WA? I thought he showed enough before he was injured that he might be a player. Is there anything suspicious about this?

There is the thought that Pelchin has been whispering in his ear that the Saints will put him on their list.

I don't see Menagola possessing the defensive skills you need as a medium forward. I doubt he will end up on a primary list.

Ladson sounded gutted on the radio, during trade week. He said it was the first time in 10 yrs he didn't need any post season surgery and that he would enter 2012 fitter than ever. What a pity. He is so much harder at the ball than Bruce.

I struggle to remember Bruce putting his body on the line or tackling with ferocity - you'd think with a fit, mature body he would at least offer this. Ladson has it in spades. Based on what I've seen...Ladson easily >>> Bruce, especially if Laddo is fit (add better footskills, goalkicking, etc)

Disappointed to see a player like Ladson delisted but Bruce retained. Ladson is young, quicker, more skillful, harder that Bruce is. I hope Laddo gets a chance at GWS. I'm not necessarily annoyed we delisted Ladson, just can't believe we kept Bruce on the list (at this stage) over Ladson.

Rest no real problems with. Menegola sounded promising but I guess they see them more than we do

They got it right for mine.

Thought Ladson was more value than Bateman, but chances are he'll play on at GWS, and it was decided a little while ago.

Bruce was kept simply because of size and endurance. Seriously good back-up weather HBF or tagging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got it right for mine.

Thought Ladson was more value than Bateman, but chances are he'll play on at GWS, and it was decided a little while ago.

Bruce was kept simply because of size and endurance. Seriously good back-up weather HBF or tagging.

Come on this bit is waaayyy over the top.

I wonder if him hurting his knee this year has bought him an extra season as if he had played all year and displayed the sort of form he did in his limited appearances there is no way we would keep him on the list.

When he didnt get selected in our best finals side I was certain it was curtains for him.

Wonder if we did offer him a 2 year contract after all?

Apologies if this has already been covered and I know as a Saints supporter, our ruck stocks is next to nothing other than McEvoy, but with Renouf gone I was very surprised to see Johnson go. It leaves you with two solid ruckmen but after that, only two who have never played games. Thoughts?

What kills me the most with Bruce is that he runs around in No. 17 FFS.

At least when Musto wore it he had a genuine crack and his story to play AFL after numerous knee reco's was full of courage so there was respect for him and you rode every bump with him.

But to see Bruce wear that great number is like when you get in the shower after playing footy or going for a long run and the hot water hits your fresh chaff!!!!​

Disappointing re Menegola, but I can understand it.

From what I have read, the club offered him a second year on the rookie list. If Menegola then turned around and said "no, I want to be on the primary list, or I will enter the draft" (regardless of whether Pelican has bent his ear), then the club has no option other than to let him go.

Also means we won't pick him up in the draft.

It leaves you with two solid ruckmen but after that, only two who have never played games. Thoughts?
I think we just rate our young ruckmen in Lowden (in particular) and Grimley more than PJ. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up another backup ruck from the best of the rest in the rookie draft as we've done over the last two years, there is a few around.

From what I have read, the club offered him a second year on the rookie list. If Menegola then turned around and said "no, I want to be on the primary list, or I will enter the draft" (regardless of whether Pelican has bent his ear), then the club has no option other than to let him go.

this is exactly what happened and it pissed Clarko of big time...good luck wherever you land.

Very happy with Bruce staying on the list.

I think we got it spot on.

With Johnson going, we will surely get a delisted player from another club. James Sellar would be alright :)

Any footballer that is rated behind Duryea and Bruce has a fair complaint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted: Ladson, Morton and Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back