List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come up 'Not' a long weekend, and experience the unusual Great Indian Ocean Drive, then go fishing Saturday morning in the boat. Catch that dream fish, a Duey that will take you an hour to clean and fillet.

Or take the fourby for a drive on the south beach, let the dog out and have a fish for Whitting.

Or just say feck it and get smashed at the Country Club and have a bet at the TAB whilst watching the Big Bash,
then have a nice meal at the Motel and the take the kids to the Pinnacles, kids love it ... fun will be had by all.
I'm already looking forward to seeing you kenty...:moustache::thumbsu:
I’ve been overseas for a couple years and def miss Cervantes a lot. I’ll see you in January though!

Our 2019 1st rnd pick should be on the money.

TK's approximate value today, contracted and all is about 14 to 18. History shows that chances of us making a GF are not high. Top 4 is more likely meaning it would be around pick 14/15.

I'm not down with this 20 + 22... way way overs imo. An uncontracted Tom Mitchell was pick 14.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=10&pid2=6481&fid2=S&type=A

Beginning to think that this all not worth it anymore if we have to potentially give up 20 + 22 + 2019 1st pick (which they may still not be happy with since they want a top 10 pick). I think we'll be fine without Kelly next year, we can pick up some decent young players and secure Cameron, and see if we can get him next year, if not, it won't be the end of the world.
I never minded Geelong before this, but the club's behaviour has instantly made them one of my least liked teams, especially with them trying to push him towards Freo because they have better picks (when he has already nominated us) and asking for Brander (who we valued 2 picks before Kelly).

Last edited:

Beginning to think that this all not worth it anymore if we have to potentially give up 20 + 22 + 2019 1st pick (which they may still not be happy with since they want a top 10 pick). I think we'll be fine without Kelly next year, we can pick up some decent young players and secure Cameron, and see if we can get him next year, if not, it won't be the end of the world.
I never minded Geelong before this, but their behaviour has instantly made them into my least liked teams, especially with them trying to push him towards Freo because they have better picks (when he has already nominated us) and asking for Brander (who we valued 2 picks before Kelly).
Just relax. Kelly is a good player. Geelong don't want to lose him. The moralising on both sides is unsightly.

One thing is for sure: Geelong supporters don't give a shit how much you like them. And vice versa. Everyone just needs to chill their boots. Hyperventilating on BigFooty won't affect the outcome.

Remember the Gaff melts on the North board? They were embarrassing. But it was the undignified shit before the melts that was actually more embarrassing. Don't be the before-the-fact dickhead. Kelly might well stay at Geelong. Are you going to be the guy who shits his pants if that happens?

Last edited:
I hope that's a joke.
Im all about the burger sauce flavoured chips now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
d2630bfcad9a8f20320b441d1e2dcfcb.jpg

One thing is for sure: Geelong supporters don't give a shit how much you like them. And vice versa. Everyone just needs to chill their boots. Hyperventilating on BigFooty won't affect the outcome.

Remember the Gaff melts on the North board? They were embarrassing. But it was the undignified shit before the melts that was actually more embarrassing. Don't be the before-the-fact dickhead. Kelly might well stay at Geelong. Are you going to be the guy who shits his pants if that happens?
I'm referring to the club itself, not their supporters btw. My opinion of Geelong at the moment has nothing to do with them. I just think the club itself has been a bit too unreasonable in their demands/expectations imo. Basically asking for more than we can provide and questioning why Kelly won't go to Freo instead. I just don't really think he's really worth "selling the farm" for, if it comes to that.

And no, I don't really mind if he stays at Geelong or even if ends up going to Freo lol, it's his choice... Like I said I think we'll survive without him.

Last edited:
I never minded Geelong before this, but the club's behaviour has instantly made them one of my least liked teams, especially with them trying to push him towards Freo because they have better picks (when he has already nominated us) and asking for Brander (who we valued 2 picks before Kelly).

If the Kelly deal does get done you guys won’t regret it. My fav player to watch in his first year. Moves through the packs like no one else in the comp at the moment. Full pace. It’s a beautiful thing to watch.
He will be one of your favs and who knows what level he gets to in year two and with a happy wife

If the Kelly deal does get done you guys won’t regret it. My fav player to watch in his first year. Moves through the packs like no one else in the comp at the moment. Full pace. It’s a beautiful thing to watch.
He will be one of your favs and who knows what level he gets to in year two and with a happy wife
It is far more that a happy wife with his circumstances. This is lost on many.
We can not overpay as some are suggesting as the opportunity cost is far to high.
The reality is he has poor disposal (our game is built on good disposal) and his career is half over.

Don’t confuse what Geelong are doing and what their supporters say/do

Vozzo has said Geelong haven’t actually told us what they want so talk of Brander or all of 20+22+ our 2019 first rounder is just speculation

Geelong are within their rights to push for maximum compensation to trade a contracted player and I have no issue with them wanting to involve Fremantle

We also have no idea what the eagles initial offer was and whether that was reasonable

If a trade gets done it will be a combination of our two picks this year (20+22) and our 2019 first rounder either direct to Geelong or using a third club to get a higher pick that satisfies them. Ideally we get something back as 2 of those 3 trading chips is a hefty price

Geelong aren’t obliged to do a trade since Kelly is contracted we shouldn’t forget that and if no trade is done we take two solid picks to a strong draft. It’s not the end of the world

Don’t confuse what Geelong are doing and what their supporters say/do

Vozzo has said Geelong haven’t actually told us what they want so talk of Brander or all of 20+22+ our 2019 first rounder is just speculation

Geelong are within their rights to push for maximum compensation to trade a contracted player and I have no issue with them wanting to involve Fremantle

We also have no idea what the eagles initial offer was and whether that was reasonable

If a trade gets done it will be a combination of our two picks this year (20+22) and our 2019 first rounder either direct to Geelong or using a third club to get a higher pick that satisfies them. Ideally we get something back as 2 of those 3 trading chips is a hefty price

Geelong aren’t obliged to do a trade since Kelly is contracted we shouldn’t forget that and if no trade is done we take two solid picks to a strong draft. It’s not the end of the world
I’d happily walk away if the above doesn’t get the deal done. Should have a chance of finding 2 good players with those 2 picks. I would prefer pick 22 and next years first so we can take a pick this years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not keen on giving up more than our 2019 1st + Nelson for Kelly. I know he would be a best 22 player, but giving up 20 + 22 (or possibly more) is ridiculous overs in my opinion. I would rather draft two midfielders with 20 + 22 and try again next year when Kelly is OOC.

Alternatively, GC wants 2019 draft picks. You campaigners know what happens next...

Our mods are very tolerant of opposition posters even when they are trolling. Some boards you get the arse just dissagreeing a point even if you back it up with facts.
Yes, got a point even though the mod agreed with me. Didn't like my tone :rolleyes:. Some people get a little bit of power, think their the new sheriff in town :p.

The sooner Geelong accept a second round pick, the better for all concerned.

It is far more that a happy wife with his circumstances. This is lost on many.
We can not overpay as some are suggesting as the opportunity cost is far to high.
The reality is he has poor disposal (our game is built on good disposal) and his career is half over.
Actually his disposal issues are blown out of proportion. Checkout the comparison stats of Yeo and Kelly for 2018. DE is almost identical at around 64%. Yeo has had a 10% drop on DE this year due to moving to the midfield.

10 picks before Kelly.

I don't see why Brander should even be mentioned. He re-signed with WCE indicating he wanted to stay in WA. Geelong have the retention issue.

Maybe Geelong remember WCE buckling at the knees with the Callum Sinclair / Jetta trade. I still don't understand why Sinclair was included in that trade.

I don't see why Brander should even be mentioned. He re-signed with WCE indicating he wanted to stay in WA. Geelong have the retention issue.

Maybe Geelong remember WCE buckling at the knees with the Callum Sinclair / Jetta trade. I still don't understand why Sinclair was included in that trade.
Because we knew we’d be getting premiership ruckman Nathan Vardy onto our list. Sinclair was therefore surplus to requirements

Are you unhappy with that trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back