List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all about the burger sauce flavoured chips now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
d2630bfcad9a8f20320b441d1e2dcfcb.jpg

Just quietly the actual special burger sauce is pretty bloody nice too

Our 2019 1st rnd pick should be on the money.

TK's approximate value today, contracted and all is about 14 to 18. History shows that chances of us making a GF are not high. Top 4 is more likely meaning it would be around pick 14/15.

I'm not down with this 20 + 22... way way overs imo. An uncontracted Tom Mitchell was pick 14.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=10&pid2=6481&fid2=S&type=A

If we can get Kelly with just our 2019 First Rounder that would be a HUGE win.

After a Premiership we would take in Picks 20 and 22 into a very strong 2018 draft and get a best 22 players who boosts our midfield. HUGE.

Question - If we did get Kelly for our 2019 First Rounder, would you package our 2018 Picks 20 & 22 for a Top 5 pick?

It would guarantee us a shot at another Gun Midfielder - Someone who could 'potentially' come in straight away..

I don't see why Brander should even be mentioned. He re-signed with WCE indicating he wanted to stay in WA. Geelong have the retention issue.

Maybe Geelong remember WCE buckling at the knees with the Callum Sinclair / Jetta trade. I still don't understand why Sinclair was included in that trade.
I think both teams got pretty fair value from that trade. Since then we've brought in Vardy for peanuts who's performed at about what rate I would have expected Sinclair to had he stayed. Also taking Jetta's actual play on the field out of the equation I don't think you can understate his value off the field as a mentor to Rioli and Ryan and as a presence around the club in general.

I think both teams got pretty fair value from that trade. Since then we've brought in Vardy for peanuts who's performed at about what rate I would have expected Sinclair to had he stayed. Also taking Jetta's actual play on the field out of the equation I don't think you can understate his value off the field as a mentor to Rioli and Ryan and as a presence around the club in general.

You'd think the fact Jetta has (another) premiership medal and Sinclair doesn't yet have one indicates it wasn't a bad trade to make.

I don't know why some posters still whinge about it. We had to give up Sinclair to get it done and Vardy has proven to be a more than capable replacement.

I'm sure most will say that the ends has justified the means, but WCE got bent over badly in that trade. It would be similar to Brander going for Kelly

Callum Sinclair was drafted with a first round pick?

It’s dark sharks. Turns fluffing a dead preuss into an art form

Are you unhappy with that trade?

Pats never happy with anything

After a Premiership we would take in Picks 20 and 22 into a very strong 2018 draft and get a best 22 players who boosts our midfield. HUGE.

Question - If we did get Kelly for our 2019 First Rounder, would you package our 2018 Picks 20 & 22 for a Top 5 pick?

It would guarantee us a shot at another Gun Midfielder - Someone who could 'potentially' come in straight away..

Those two picks would struggle to get us in to the top 10 let alone top 5

Keep 20 and 22 if they don’t get Kelly

You'd think the fact Jetta has (another) premiership medal and Sinclair doesn't yet have one indicates it wasn't a bad trade to make.

I don't know why some posters still whinge about it. We had to give up Sinclair to get it done and Vardy has proven to be a more than capable replacement.
I think at the time I thought we probably could have gotten more back (I can't remember exactly what I said, maybe a later draft pick coming our way) but looking back you really can't fault the trade. I think both teams would be happy and we got a premiership partly because of it so we're probably a bit more happy :D

I don't see why Brander should even be mentioned. He re-signed with WCE indicating he wanted to stay in WA. Geelong have the retention issue.

Maybe Geelong remember WCE buckling at the knees with the Callum Sinclair / Jetta trade. I still don't understand why Sinclair was included in that trade.

Because Sydney threw large sums of money at him, resulting in him asking for a trade.

I think at the time I thought we probably could have gotten more back (I can't remember exactly what I said, maybe a later draft pick coming our way) but looking back you really can't fault the trade. I think both teams would be happy and we got a premiership partly because of it so we're probably a bit more happy :D

Vardy coming good has diluted a lot of the signficaince of the trade, but this rarely happens. Big win for WCE here.

That trade was heavily in Sydney's favour at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure most will say that the ends has justified the means, but WCE got bent over badly in that trade. It would be similar to Brander going for Kelly
Brander isn't going for Kelly, only Geelong supporters are suggesting that. We've categorically ruled it out. Geelong hasn't asked for it.

Sinclair was an average second ruck, but decent resting forward. We couldn't carry him and Lycett as between them they'd consume almost 1m of our cap. Swapping him over to Jetta was good for everyone IMO. It allowed Lycett to get more game time.

Not sure we win the premiership if we didn't do that swap.

Absoulutely spot on

Brander isn't going for Kelly, only Geelong supporters are suggesting that. We've categorically ruled it out. Geelong hasn't asked for it.

Sinclair was an average second ruck, but decent resting forward. We couldn't carry him and Lycett as between them they'd consume almost 1m of our cap. Swapping him over to Jetta was good for everyone IMO. It allowed Lycett to get more game time.

Not sure we win the premiership if we didn't do that swap.

Sinclair has always been better than Lycett. He was when he was traded and remains a better ruck. Port Adelaide don't know what they're getting.

IIRC Sydney had bids coming on Callum Mills in the 2015 draft so they were very keen to hold onto any picks that they had to be able to match bids. I still reckon we deserved 51 or 56 back. But whatever, Sinclair might have 2 seasons of footy left in him, likewise Jetta, and we look far closer to another premiership than Sydney. Its a win in the long run.

Our 2019 first would be about right except we get Kelly 'interest free and no payments for 12 months' which is a tad generous.

Tthats why we would likely need to add one of out early picks in 18 and get the Cats 2nd back next year.

If we get Kelly for just our 2019 1st I will be very....very happy.

Nobody would accept a trade 20 and 22 for their top 5 pick.

Vardy coming good has diluted a lot of the signficaince of the trade, but this rarely happens. Big win for WCE here.

That trade was heavily in Sydney's favour at the time.
I would say it was slightly in Sydney's favour at the time. We also still had Nic Nat and Lycett (who most thought had more upside than Sinclair) so it's not like we were going to have to start rucking midfielders or anything. We used an asset that wasn't really needed to get something valuable back and then got in some cheap backup to cover just in case. Turns out that just in case happened but we still wouldn't have been much better off if Sinclair had stayed because the cheap backup performed very well. I don't see how you can complain about the trade in hindsight, because in hindsight it's been a very good trade for both teams.

Sinclair has always been better than Lycett. He was when he was traded and remains a better ruck. Port Adelaide don't know what they're getting.
That not true. Sinclair would have been abused by Grundy and Gawn. He doesn’t have the physicality that Lycett can bring

Bent over? Sinclair is bog average a vast majority of the time.

I think Lycett is a better ruck, but there is no way on earth I would be paying him the 600k allegedly Port is. He's a 400k ruck at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back