Delisting Time - Who will go?

Remove this Banner Ad

henno is a shocker and should go, i don't want to get rid of Cupido because he will become a star at another club to ******** us off especially with his personality?

Alvey - Another recylced player
Bolton - Get him outta here as fast as you can
Bulen - complete hack
Haynes - DUD
Henneman - good depth - LOL
Hunt - havent seen to much of him
Murphy - complete piece of ********
Thomas - 50/50
Winderlich - Maybe

With a couple of developing youngsters up coming Essendon have too many hacks weighing them down (i.e Lately Rioli), With most of these hacks gone, plus a couple of more youngsters essendon should be back soon, but in the next 5 years the possible losses of Hird, The Johnsons, Fletcher, and Lloyd you guys could be hurt.

Get rid of cupido please!!! We have wasted too much time with him already.....and there is no chance of him blitzing somewhere else, except maybe his own backyard!!

Millar said:
Get rid of cupido please!!! We have wasted too much time with him already.....and there is no chance of him blitzing somewhere else, except maybe his own backyard!!
I am amused that you see Cupido as someone we need to get rid of desperately, possibly first and foremost.

There are a few people who should definetely get their marching orders before Cupido.

Kouta_legend said:
Essendon have too many hacks weighing them down (i.e Lately Rioli)

You're a Carlton supporter, so I'll excuse your ignorance.
Dean Rioli, behind Dustin Fletcher, is Essendon's most important player.
When he plays well we just don't lose. It really is as simple as that.
He is loved by all at Essendon. He also frustrates the hell out of us.
But a fit Dean Rioli makes as big an impact on matches as James Hird.
He is the silk and the class of our football club.
Hack is not a word you associate with Dean Rioli, injury prone, unfit and bloody frustrating are words you can throw at him.
But Deano believe it or not is a leader at the club, is highly well respected and an incredible footballer. We won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

Kouta_legend said:
but in the next 5 years the possible losses of Hird, The Johnsons, Fletcher, and Lloyd you guys could be hurt.

Thanks for the obvious. But we will also be drafting players in the next 5 years and adding to the list. Hopefully that will soften the blow a bit.

Bombers_Forever said:
Who SHOULD Go:
Henneman
Murphy
Bullen
Bolton
Alvey

Who Will Go:
Murphy
Alvey
Hunt
Haynes
Bullen
Still need one more to go.

The more I think about it, the more I think Zantuck is a goner. Sheedy took a punt on him and gave him an opportunity and he **********ed Sheedy off with the missed training boozing incident. The other - he may well delist someone ala McAlister/Paul hills/Alessio and pick them up with the last pick.

With that in mind, hunt/nash/thomas seem prime candidates.

I can't see either Nash or Thomas being used in that scenario, as we probably wouldn't get them back. Hunt maybe. Henneman certainly.

The way I see it. These players will be gone. Whether through wanting to leave or being booted. Given the loss of Richards it's harder to guess the fate's of Hunt and Zantuck. But I'd imagine at the very least one will be gone. Cupido will be offered one last contract. Henneman will continue his own personal fairy tale it seems. Given we have to use at least 4 picks (because we traded for 51 we have to use it) at the national draft, promote both Lovett and NLM and they're still looking at Campo and Heffernan for the PSD a fair few will be moved on.

Haynes - certainty
Murphy - certainty
Allan - retired
Bullen - certainty
Alvey - certainty
Hunt - very likely
Zantuck - very likely

If it was up to me Henno and Reynolds would be in doubt as well.

With Haynes, Murphy, Bullen and Alvey already basically gone, I think they are going to keep one of Hunt and Zantuck.
Personally, I think Zantuck can bring more to the team than Hunt could or will.

I don't know about teaching him a lesson - he just seems inept of becoming a smart footballer, on and off the field, but I agree he's much better than Hunt and that we should give him another go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whirl said:
Haynes - certainty
Murphy - certainty
Allan - retired
Bullen - certainty
Alvey - certainty
Hunt - very likely
Zantuck - very likely

Reckon you are spot on although if we take 2 in the PSD will need to cull nine players!! You have picked the first 7 although I suspect one of Zantuck or Hunt will remain as insurance.

My feeling is

Already Gone

Allan
Richards

Certainties
Haynes
Murphy
Alvey
Bullen
Hunt

Likelies

Nash
Zantuck

Possiblies

Cupido
Bolton
Henneman
Thomas

I suspect Nash is a goner to allow us to grab Camporeale in the PSD. If we want heffernan as well, then the decision will be is Heff a better option than either Zantuck, Cupido, Bolton, Henneman or Thomas

Napier_Street said:
Reckon you are spot on although if we take 2 in the PSD will need to cull nine players!! You have picked the first 7 although I suspect one of Zantuck or Hunt will remain as insurance.

My feeling is

Already Gone

Allan
Richards

Certainties
Haynes
Murphy
Alvey
Bullen
Hunt

Likelies

Nash
Zantuck

Possiblies

Cupido
Bolton
Henneman
Thomas

I suspect Nash is a goner to allow us to grab Camporeale in the PSD. If we want heffernan as well, then the decision will be is Heff a better option than either Zantuck, Cupido, Bolton, Henneman or Thomas
I'll be mighty ********ed off if we get rid of Nash for Campo.

i think you have all forgoton that we could delist some1 such as zantuck or reynolds and pick them up again with a l8 pick. It has happen before and that way we are not breaking any rules and using our pick we aquried in the trade period

Bombers_Forever said:
Who SHOULD Go:
Henneman
Murphy
Bullen
Bolton
Alvey

Who Will Go:
Murphy
Alvey
Hunt
Haynes
Bullen

I argee with the who will go on this one. It said on the offical web site that essendon may use 2 picks in the pre season draft meaning that one more player will have to be added to that list? Henneman could be that player. They could re draft Henneman with one of those picks like they did with ses a few years ago if there is not a better key position player there with that pick

windyhill said:
Careful on that limb you`ve gone out on.

ha...........along with Allan & Murphy.........they are certainties.

Now if you would like me to try & dream up some others for the sake of being different............how 'bout Lucas, Lloyd & Fletcher. :rolleyes:

The point is that these things usually take the predictable path.

Would need some strong convincing for it to include anyone else.

Personally i would also luv to see the back of Bolton, Henno & Hunt given the flick as well..............but it aint gunna happen.

There will probably be 7 players delisted depending on the PSD. We have to remember that Lovett and Lovett-Murray are now on the senior list meaning that two extra players need to be delisted

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16892253%5E20322,00.html

Bombers discard seven in cleanout
12 October 2005 Herald Sun
Mark Robinson

ESSENDON will delist seven players this week in one of the biggest list turnovers under coach Kevin Sheedy.

Players under threat are Mark Alvey, Marc Bullen, Damian Cupido, Ben Haynes, Sam Hunt, Ty Zantuck, Justin Murphy and Paul Thomas.

From that group of mainly midfielders, it's believed only one will be given a lifeline to continue his AFL career.

The other seven will be told their fate at meetings to be held today, tomorrow and Friday.

Essendon will likely add nine players to its 2006 list. Two have already departed, ruckman Matthew Allan (retired) and Ted Richards (Sydney).

Essendon will be definitely adding seven names and possibly more if, as expected, it is active in the pre-season draft.

Andrew Lovett and Nathan Lovett-Murray, who were elevated rookies this year, will be put on the senior list as will Collingwood recruit Richard Cole, father-son selection Jay Neagle and players taken with Bomber picks No. 7, No. 19 and No. 51 at the national draft.

Essendon hopes to secure Carlton's Scott Camporeale and Demon, and former Bomber, Chris Heffernan in the pre-season draft.

Before the trade period, Heffernan was told by Demons coach Neale Daniher that he would be traded if a deal was suitable. However, the Dees, who wanted a second-round draft selection, and the Dons, who offered pick 51, could not come to an agreement.

It's understood the Bombers have told Heffernan they will take him in the pre-season draft if he nominates.

The Bombers hope to have Camporeale training with them before the pre-season draft on December 13, although the Blues could either convince him to stay or select him before Essendon.

Mr Magoo said:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16892253%5E20322,00.html

Bombers discard seven in cleanout
12 October 2005 Herald Sun
Mark Robinson

ESSENDON will delist seven players this week in one of the biggest list turnovers under coach Kevin Sheedy.

Players under threat are Mark Alvey, Marc Bullen, Damian Cupido, Ben Haynes, Sam Hunt, Ty Zantuck, Justin Murphy and Paul Thomas.

From that group of mainly midfielders, it's believed only one will be given a lifeline to continue his AFL career.

The other seven will be told their fate at meetings to be held today, tomorrow and Friday.

Essendon will likely add nine players to its 2006 list. Two have already departed, ruckman Matthew Allan (retired) and Ted Richards (Sydney).

Essendon will be definitely adding seven names and possibly more if, as expected, it is active in the pre-season draft.

Andrew Lovett and Nathan Lovett-Murray, who were elevated rookies this year, will be put on the senior list as will Collingwood recruit Richard Cole, father-son selection Jay Neagle and players taken with Bomber picks No. 7, No. 19 and No. 51 at the national draft.

Essendon hopes to secure Carlton's Scott Camporeale and Demon, and former Bomber, Chris Heffernan in the pre-season draft.

Before the trade period, Heffernan was told by Demons coach Neale Daniher that he would be traded if a deal was suitable. However, the Dees, who wanted a second-round draft selection, and the Dons, who offered pick 51, could not come to an agreement.

It's understood the Bombers have told Heffernan they will take him in the pre-season draft if he nominates.

The Bombers hope to have Camporeale training with them before the pre-season draft on December 13, although the Blues could either convince him to stay or select him before Essendon.

obviously got his his information from this thread............. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting Time - Who will go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back