Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

not at the start of the year but half way through i thought we'd at least make the 8. thought the players/coach learned from last year
Well there is your problem. They are 90% of the same players and 70% the same players that where average the year before that and 60% the same players that where average the year before that. There is no magic wand. I keep going back to melbourne a lot but only two players who played under Roos and Goodwin at the start played in their GF win. That gives you sort of an idea of where we are at.

What he does do, is tell your team they're 8 years off being winners. That type of shit has a huge impact on a club mentally. Look at our actual worst enemy, Sam Mitchell. Do you think that's the kind of language he uses on his playing group? No.
I barely follow off field commentary and even I know that isn't what he said.

How are so many people still misconstruing the 8 year thing? Do we need to create and sticky a thread that clearly shows what he said?

I actually do not think we have a better list.
As for losing to the GC twice or the Saints . That is what average sides do.
Agreed. List is all relative to the ability to execute a game plan. You could grab 22 AA's, throw them together and not make a good team because they don't complement each other. We have a bunch of players that could be part of successful teams, but not together.

Building the core of the side for the next 8 years, which is a comment on list build and club culture more than coaching but melters gonna melt
Brad Scott said:
Essendon fans should be really excited that outside of a few veterans this group has the potential to play together for the next eight years, and I include Gresham, Duursma and McKay in that.

“The nucleus of what we have got is here. That is where the bulk of improvement is going to come from."

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back