Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, if this season keeps being hilarious, you'd just have to be lucky enough to get Port in the Prelim.

It will be hilarious if they beat North. Port aren't a good side still, but them making finals will be a massive indictment on other teams.

Or, if this season keeps being hilarious, you'd just have to be lucky enough to get Port in the Prelim.

It will be hilarious if they beat North. Port aren't a good side still, but them making finals will be a massive indictment on other teams.
I dunno, they're really playing with belief and intensity, those are what makes a good side. I'm not totally convinced but I don't think anyone expected them to be undefeated at this point.

They were saying that about Adelaide this time last year, and West Coast the year before...

They were saying that about Adelaide this time last year, and West Coast the year before...

Adelaide were an ok side last year. Port are worse.

They've had to come back from 31 and 41 points down in two wins, and the others have been against Melbourne, GWS and GC.

Port will get found out soon.

They've had to come back from 31 and 41 points down in two wins, and the others have been against Melbourne, GWS and GC.

And they finished top 4

Doesn't that show that they're a good side to come back from those deficit's?

And they finished top 4

Doesn't that show that they're a good side to come back from those deficit's?

Yes, but Adelaide in 2012 is not Port in 2013. Adelaide last year were better performed than Port this season. If Port beats North they might make the eight, but they wont get anywhere near top 4 and will be easily beaten by most finals sides.

We were down 40 points with 6 mins to go in the 3rd quarter against who?

We came back against Freo, yes. Otherwise there's not really any comparison.
There's really not much dif, the point was they had to come from behind twice therefore it should be discounted. Maybe they will trail off at some point but its pretty stupid to suggest they will on the back of the results thus far.

There's really not much dif, the point was they had to come from behind twice therefore it should be discounted. Maybe they will trail off at some point but its pretty stupid to suggest they will on the back of the results thus far.

No, that's an imaginary point you made up. My point was that they were down by 30 and 40 points in the 3/4 in EVERY game played against a team that isn't a basketcase.

No, I just learnt a while ago not to bother going around in circles with people putting definitive views on something based off a 2 game sample that could prove to be an anomaly (or maybe you'll be right, who knows?). I'm sure your eye test and astute football knowledge puts you in the box seat to make such absolute statements tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I just learnt a while ago not to bother going around in circles with people putting definitive views on something based off a 2 game sample that could prove to be an anomaly (or maybe you'll be right, who knows?). I'm sure your eye test and astute football knowledge puts you in the box seat to make such absolute statements tho.

It's generally assumed that when an individual says something it is that individual's personal opinion.

It's also true that some people like taking about stuff with regard to reasoned observations and thoughts. It's when people start deliberately or ignorantly misrepresenting or misunderstanding others that a conversation becomes pointless.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I'm wrong from time to time just like anyone, but when you try to say that Port and Essendon are in similar situations based on something as silly as "having been behind in a couple of games" then I have to draw the line.

I was pointing out how stupid it was to have formed that opinion since you can nitpick to discredit any team based off small information.

Because beating expansion teams and a Melbourne basketcase, then being halfway to being thrashed in their other two games (against sides that are 1-4 and 2-3) is "nitpicking" when comparing it to a side that is 5-0 having scored their greatest ever victory over a side, not having played and expansion sides, and beating two sides that are 3-2, their only other losses being to Hawthorn?

If that's "nitpicking" I don't even...

Port are playing a seriously good brand of football. This isn't like Brisbane beating up on Melbourne yesterday playing less shit than them, this is a good side confidently dismantling terrible teams and showing the absolute desire to win that their more fancied opponents are missing.

With Tex out of the picture for a long while, Carlton or West Coast (in that order) in for Richmond is the only change I'm expecting from the current top 8.

What makes you think this is a competition? Is it school holidays or something?

If your discussions about footy have to come down to "winning" a conversation then you're doing it wrong.

Just not sure at all how someone could be so daft.

You're looking way too much into what I said with the Essendon thing. I'm not even saying you're wrong I just used it as an example to show how flawed it is to make assertions based off such small amounts of info. I'm not comparing their 5-0 to our 5-0 (they are obv not identical situations I said something stupid to show how dumb thinking like that looks and how you can discredit (or promote something) and throw off broad generalities like "they'll get found out".What does that even mean? It's such a broad thing, does getting found out mean going back to bottom 4? Not being able to compete with teams "better than them" and those 6 - 7 goal deficits becoming a regular thing and getting cained by 100 points instead of coming back?

but yah, lol school holidays, derp. Maybe you should go back and learn some basic logic so you think and assess things with a clearer head.

Port have had a relatively soft draw thus far, but they are still playing some very decent footy.

Time will tell on Port. Teams can improve a lot in one year, for a multitude of reasons. Totally discounting them, as well as saying they will make the finals, is jumping the gun somewhat..

I had Port down as an easy win for us. Taking into account they always trouble us, and the fact they have pulled their fingers out after last year, we will be in for a good fight with them

**** that, I'm not on the inner scrote.

I've got us down for 12 from 12 from here on. The only 50-50 is the Freo game, every other game we start as favourites.

We've then got a tough finish to the season:

Geelong - 50/50
Adelaide (away) - tough one, loss
Essendon - Even if they are still in the competition, we all know they'll be rooted from about round 14 on. Win
Hawthorn - At etihad. Win
Collingwood - 50/50.

Somewhere between 14 and 16 wins for the year. Should be enough to play finals.

From the North board.
For 16 wins they need to win 15 of their last 17. To win 14 they need to win 13 of their last 17. Yep, safe to say North supporters are delusional. Also delusional to think that just because we faded last year the same thing will happen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back