Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of this guys overrated players

Boak
Watson
Tippet
Swan
Dawes
Jacobs (Since ruck rule changes, before that definitely worth his reputation)
Hawkins (Only imposes sometimes because he gets the best delivery in the AFL)
Watson again. Slow and porky, decent player but way overhyped.
Natinui (Coz he's black and can jump suddenly people are awe inspired? He isn't a traditionally good footballer so often overhyped)

What's with Leigh Matthews? Praises Christensen for dropping at the knees and drawing the free kick.Calls it good football. Wtf? He's sounding more and more like some crazy old homeless guy.
I know, how can anyone have a passion for our game when one of our supposed greats is praising the efforts of Geelong for drawing free kicks which is currently (imo) one of the biggest blights on our game atm.

What's with Leigh Matthews? Praises Christensen for dropping at the knees and drawing the free kick.Calls it good football. Wtf? He's sounding more and more like some crazy old homeless guy.

The media (and the umpiring fraternity) are too far up the collective posterior of the GFC to have any perspective on the matter.

I really like Geelong.

But having said that, the commentators' fawning over them last night was just painful. I could almost picture Bruce, in particular, in his cheerleading tutu, replete with tassels, every time he started up on them.

That ain't the fault of the GFC, it's just a reflection on the commentators' professionalism- or lack there of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_m22gt8NB8x1r66e7xo1_500.gif

Here's some quality posts from the thread.

I feel your pain Chad. If the AFL lets *Essendon off the hook, then that will be the final straw.

Because the AFL will definitely let off the team that have "brought the game into disrepute"!

Oh, absolutely. If Essendon gets let off, then any shred of credibility the AFL has will be gone.

The NFL doesn't **** around with it's credibility. Bring on NFL season.

Excuse me? The NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell, has used his power to enforce bans on certain teams and lightly punish others for very similar offences. If anything, the NFL has dodgier credibility than the AFL.

I am the same. I love North and yet have totally lost interest in the AFL as a competition. Unfair draws, crap umpiring etc etc. I have watched 1 grand final in 8 years and do not watch any footy except North games. I can not walk away from North but had we gone interstate or failed to exist anymore I would not follow AFL at all.

Note how they weren't complaining about the draw last year when they received a total armchair ride? Funny. And how they weren't complaining when they were handed a 38-15 free kick count as little as a few weeks ago?

I'll put it down to a few knee-jerk reactions, but that's pretty poor spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back