Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port are playing a seriously good brand of football. This isn't like Brisbane beating up on Melbourne yesterday playing less shit than them, this is a good side confidently dismantling terrible teams and showing the absolute desire to win that their more fancied opponents are missing.

With Tex out of the picture for a long while, Carlton or West Coast (in that order) in for Richmond is the only change I'm expecting from the current top 8.

I think North will make it. Their draw gets much easier from now on.

From the North board.
For 16 wins they need to win 15 of their last 17. To win 14 they need to win 13 of their last 17. Yep, safe to say North supporters are delusional. Also delusional to think that just because we faded last year the same thing will happen this year.
If we don't encounter another bitch of a run with injuries, I really doubt we will fade like we did last year. Hirdy said he thinks our list has reached an elite level of fitness, we should be able to run the year out

1/4 is bloody hard to make the 8 from. I can't see them winning 11 or 12 of the next 18. PA (L), WB (50/50), WC (50/50), Ade (W), St. K (W), GC (W), Fre (L), GWS (W), Ric (50/50), BL (W), Car (L), Mel (W). Then I see 1-4 in the last 5 weeks. I can see 11-11 at best, if they win every 50/50. More likely to be 10-12 or 9-13.

1/4 is bloody hard to make the 8 from. I can't see them winning 11 or 12 of the next 18. PA (L), WB (50/50), WC (50/50), Ade (W), St. K (W), GC (W), Fre (L), GWS (W), Ric (50/50), BL (W), Car (L), Mel (W). Then I see 1-4 in the last 5 weeks. I can see 11-11 at best, if they win every 50/50. More likely to be 10-12 or 9-13.

If they drop the game to Port they are cooked.

Other than that they can't afford to drop any game against any mid or low tier side. They are in trouble but they aren't done yet.

Port have the list to be comfortably mid-table, assuming a decent run with injuries. Only glaring weakness is the lack of a dominant ruck, and the potential stars being still more potential than star, so I'd give it another year or three before they look like pushing for top four. I'm tipping somewhere in the 7-10 range, probably scraping into the finals, though they could be the team that solidifies and pushes for 5-6.

Port have the list to be comfortably mid-table, assuming a decent run with injuries. Only glaring weakness is the lack of a dominant ruck, and the potential stars being still more potential than star, so I'd give it another year or three before they look like pushing for top four. I'm tipping somewhere in the 7-10 range, probably scraping into the finals, though they could be the team that solidifies and pushes for 5-6.

If they can stay fit they could push into the eight for sure, but I question if they have the depth to do so should one or two of Boak/Hartlett/Kornes/Ebert miss a game or two (or just drop off in form). It's still very light on in there and they're looking to first and second year players to shoulder a big load.

Found out tho

Absolutely. They will get found out against decent sides.

However their fixture means they might still sneak in despite this. Touch and go, with a lean towards not.

You know how the fixture works, right? Not everyone is lucky enough to play the same teams twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's doing Port a disservice to mark against them for big comeback wins against two of last year's finalists. What it does show is that they're running harder than just about anyone in the comp right now, and that Hinkley's instilled some kind of belief in a playing group that's been devoid of it for years. While the young guys and new recruits (particularly Wines) have started well, it's the older blokes like Cornes and Carlisle who look especially sharp to me.

I expect they'll level out by mid-season, much like we've done the past couple of years when trying to get our fitness program right. They're going in the right direction though and playing some good-looking footy along the way.

I would make one positional move at Power. There two rucks Lobbe and Renouf are very average and add little as a combination. I would go with one and get Butcher into the team to be the relief ruck. This will also give them coverage in case Schults goes down with injury.

So tempting to just post this picture in the thread below

729-kim-duthie-media-420x0.jpg

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...troversy-the-sergeant-shultz-defence.1002402/

This post was the funniest thing I've read

Just when I thought I'd vented enough....

"The league boss described the circulated rumours, which centre on Essendon's 5-0 start to the season and the long-lasting benefits of performance-enhancing substance use, as "scurrelous" and he demanded the clubs stop.
"Absolutely they are (spreading rumours). I know that to be fact and it's got to stop," Demetriou said on 3AW.
"There appears to be a small group, particularly amongst our clubs, who are taking it upon themselves to put about scurrilous innuendo about the fact that the Essendon football club has won five games and are they getting an advantage?"
"I think this is really unfortunate, I think it's a byproduct of this running commentary and I don't think it is acceptable and it just might be that they've got some good players.
"It just might be that they've got some good tactics, it just might be that their coach is coaching well, they might actually just be playing well.
"The sooner some of our clubs, this is not all but a small few, stop this sort scurrilous mongering, the better because it's not doing anybody any good at all."

Allow me, Demetriou, to apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of the rest of the AFL for making the unfair, indeed 'scurrilous' (the HUN can't spell) observation that when one takes performance enhancing drugs, one usually finds that one's performance is.... enhanced...

..but maybe we should whip the hat around anyway to compensate for the damage and maybe even contribute to the moronic signs that your brainless, sycophantic and unreasonably aggressive fanbois wield as if it somehow excuses all wrongdoing. In any case, all those drugs can't have been cheap.

I'm so glad that the man who happily watches on while a legacy club collapses under the weight of it's incompetence, leaks skill from it's lists and spends every second week undergoing some sort of investigation is happy to stand up for the poor, disadvantaged and vulnerable EFC who are having such an awful time coping with all the mean people from other clubs who think that taking performance enhancing drugs might enhance their ******* performance.

He also said ".... it's going to take a while and they need to let it run its course."

What's that Blue? A #$%ing sorely needed clue?

"It is understood an Essendon official has told the AFL/ASADA investigation that AOD-9604 had been used, but that the club believed it had WADA approval to do so."

Look Demetriou! I just cracked the whole thing wide open! Thank me for saving the 9 months you'll take to let the dons have a crack at a flag!

I understand Mr Demetriou still has some doubts about the effect of Performance Enhancers:

"....It just might be that they've got some good players. It just might be that they've got some good tactics, it just might be that their coach is coaching well, they might actually just be playing well."

It might also be that they sacrifice goats to Cycloptor the Ukrainian God of Violence against Children, but the drugs certainly can't hurt! But don't take my word for it... Let's ask an olympic coach!

Bideau told theHerald Sunany use of illegal drugs would improve muscle strength, which could stay with players.
"If you have a really good training year, it helps you forever or until you start to decline," Bideau said.
"It is building a base layer upon layer upon layer. It's like pages in a phone book.
"It is foundation you are trying to build. It takes people two or three years to become a fit league footballer, and if you add another layer on, it has to help."

Now let's hear the case for the defence!

"Essendon have never conceded that our players have been given banned substances in 2012,"

What? You haven't admitted you cheated? My apologies, Good Sir! Please, have some f#$%^^ing peptides on me!

And remember guys:

It's all the other, non-cheating, clubs fault's for everybody unfairly thinking Essendon are cheats (on account of their cheating and drug use). Demetriou said so.

So stop calling for blood, grab a texta and let's all stand by this guy...

So uhh...can someone show or tell me when we took a PED?

seemed like such a reasonable bloke when he posted in the preview thread, yet now he's shown his true colours.

Clearly just mad
Agree with this. Thought he was a very reasonable, nice guy. Pretty disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back