Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
61406_3518203892629_1188035049_n.jpg
this is so awesome.

It's easier to play in defence. Carlisle struggled up forward last year.
In the Black, Carlisle, Griffiths thread.

not even delusional, just uninformed bullshit
It's delusion to think it's harder to play as a key forward than as a key defender. I've played both, and although I was a better defender (horrible set shot) playing as a key forward is easier. See ball, get ball

I dunno, I reckon defending is a lot easier than playing as a key forward, at least effectively.

But if you're an outstanding defender like Carlisle is, you're doing better than an average forward, like Waite is.
I found playing as a FF easier than as a FB because it's easier to get it to a 50/50 in a marking contest when the ball is kicked to the advantage of your opponent. When my team mate shanked it while playing forward it was easier to get a throw in/down to a small forward/ball up than defending a lace-out ball to your direct opponent

That being said, I was a ruckman sized KPD (for my age group) so I had the reach to stop it

Bump. Thought id get this beast up and going again.

This weeks highlight has clearly got to come from Richmond Captain Trent Cotchin?

Talking about retiring when Richmond win a premiership.How bout just plays finals first champ :p

Do you understand the context behind his comments, though?

The sum of the sentiment was basically that Cotchin realises there is more to life than football. There's nothing delusional about that.

I don't think his comments were in any way suggesting that Richmond are close to a flag, or that he was mentally jumping the gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit, it's like some people don't know what eating a ****ing ton of food and working out intensely do...I bet the people attacking our players for "getting too big" are skinny keyboard warriors who have never seen the benefits of hard work in a gym and proper dieting

Wow they are getting worse. The funny thing with all that dribble from the few Richmond supporters is all our main squad was probably a few kgs heavier than we are this year. They werent crying when they got us at the end of the year. Now lighter and no longer taking the PEDs the results are working even better and have performed miracles. How good and strong does this all make Brisbane and Geelong or did the PEDs take a 2 week vacation early in the season

When we win it's because of PEDs. When we lose it's because we are a shit team. It is impossible for Essendon to fairly beat the other teams

Even without seeing the draw (and working on the assumption that we won't trade away all our players in the next few days), I'm happy to state that there is absolutely zero chance that we will miss the 8 in 2013.

laughing.gif

I loved this comment:So what's his actual argument here?

Are we roided up cheats, or are we fat bastards that went too far in a bulking phase?

Or is he trying to say that because we're big overall, but not defined (his words), it must be because we injected some form of super drug that gives you muscle without working out for "years in the gym" (his words) but we also incidently got fat?

What a moron!

Some people are stupid and their hatred of Essendon and desire to see us burn is prompting the stupid posts. Our players got big last year because they ate a shitload of food and worked out intensively. It seriously isn't that hard to understand, if you primarily focus on bulking up for 5 months in an off-season, you are going to get bigger. It's sad so much people don't understand what happens when you diet effectively and work out properly, and when they see someone bear the fruit of their hard work, they are accused of taking steroids. The argument that our young players "got big too fast" is also flawed, men typically in their late teens and early-mid twenties have high amounts of testosterone running through them, which is pretty much the most effective time to be working out in the gym.

Some people are so stupid it's mind-boggling. I still can't see why a majority of our players would need to take HGH or any other steroid when their natural HGH and testosterone levels are through the roof as it is

I'm mystified as to why so many children support Richmond given that they have literally done bugger all in what must be the living memory of the majority of these supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back