Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a veritable oil painting, what are you talking about?

He's Anthony's son.

As for more prospects, I do know that Callum and Harvey Daniher (Chris' sons, aged 17 and 15 respectively) are in the father/son academy that Essendon has, but I honestly don't know much about them and whether they're really genuine prospects in terms of one day being drafted.

Cool, cheers. Out of interest, how would you rate the Daniher brothers in terms of players? I was too young to remember Neale in his prime before the knees cut him down but the good judges always suggested he the most talented of the lot.

Terry was obviously a very good player though I would suggest in that rank below the genuinely great. Still a fantastic player. I always thought Anthony was very underrated, maybe because he played for Sydney for so long. Chris probably suffered a bit in being continually compared to his bothers. That said, while he was no hack (he played in the 93 flag no?), he was more a serviceable contributor than stand out like the others.

Cool, cheers. Out of interest, how would you rate the Daniher brothers in terms of players? I was too young to remember Neale in his prime before the knees cut him down but the good judges always suggested he the most talented of the lot.

Terry was obviously a very good player though I would suggest in that rank below the genuinely great. Still a fantastic player. I always thought Anthony was very underrated, maybe because he played for Sydney for so long. Chris probably suffered a bit in being continually compared to his bothers. That said, while he was no hack (he played in the 93 flag no?), he was more a serviceable contributor than stand out like the others.

To tell you the truth, I only have the faintest memories of Anthony in his last couple years and Chris in the second half of his career. My footy memory only starts in 1993 (born in '88), and Neale had retired in 1990 and Terry in 1992.

So others are better qualified to comment. The general consensus, as you said, was that Neale could have been the best of the lot if not for his knees. To think what might have been...

Obviously Neale missing out on two (hell, potentially three) flags was a real shame, but I reckon it's forgotten that Anthony never got one either- he was still at Sydney in 1984-85, played in the losing '90 grand final, and then was out of the regular side (though still on the list) through form and injury by 1993.

There's more??

The ones I know of are Joe, Darcy, Ned, Callum and Harvey, with Harvey being eligible for FS in 2014 or 15 i think.

Ned is Darcy and Joe's older brother, took up footy late, over 2 metres tall but didn't make it past country footy. apparently on Essendon vfl's reserve list though. Not sure of the rest

Who will be the better player ?

Majak or Joe ?

You'd reckon Joe would. In fact, if I had to put the house on it, I'd say Joe all the way.

Though given the amount of crap you guys have put on Majak, you'd hope Joe never gets subbed, or dropped, or takes four years to come good like Hawkins and Cloke did.

lol
The reality is we are trying to catch up in a compromised competition.

That the premiership team can spend $1m to recruit a player from another club, a team with 3 premierships in the last 6 seasons can recruit Caddy, Rivers & McIntosh & receive 2 early draft picks for losing a free agent, the team who finished runners-up last year, having been Top 4 for most of the last 5 years, can recruit a mature KPD & not lose any players due to salary cap pressure, another team who has won a premiership in recent years & been Top 4 for most of that time can recruit 2 free agents, offer a massive 5 year deal to a KPF & spend more than any other club on its Football Department & whilst these teams are monopolising the top end of the competition, there are two expansion teams who, have had access to the best young talent from the draft for the last 3 years, there is no opportunity for mid-range teams to bridge the gap. In addition, when a club is allowed to cheat & yet continue to participate at full strength in the competition, it just takes all credibility out of the competition.

We are no closer to winning a premiership now than we were 5 years ago when we brought Judd to the club. It doesn't matter who coaches us, they will always have one hand tied behind their back in a competition in which all teams are equal, but some are more equal than others.
tl;dr
7GHmWvb.jpg

mediumsized is a F-wit, there I said it.

Conveniently failed to mention Judd's Visy contract outside the cap, but that's most likely because he/she is a F-wit. Carlton's entire history is based on buying players to win premierships, though he/she wouldn't mention that because he/she is a F-wit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By Robinson Kruezer aka The General: Comical to see Carlisle being praised on the AFL website and by Mark Robinson after he was switched off Waite. AFL site has a caption that states he starred at both ends. Played a poorer game than Lucas, yet two marks and a goal will scrub the fact that Waite towelled Carlisle. They'll still push Carlisle for AA. Their so called star talls were beaten by Jamison, Henderson, White, Waite and Casboult.

Except for the bit where Hurley went down back and destroyed Waite, and Jake went up forward and destroyed Jamison and Henderson.

Too right we'll push Jake for AA, as we will with Hibberd and Jobe.

Carlton however...............Probably Lucas seeing as he played better than Jake :D

Let me tell you from my experience after losses to Essendon, the Essendon supporters are the worst behaved group of posters to come to our board. Even worse than Collingwood supporters. There is hardly any who wish to have a mature conversation about the game, which is why so many of them have been banned from our board in the past.

I don't know how long ODN, Aph & Chism would have spent cleaning up this board last night, but I can remember after a loss to Essendon in 2008 spending until 2.30am just cleaning up the crap Essendon supporters had posted on our board. They are the least gracious winners in the competition & their current attitude to the doping of their players reflects the sheer arrogance of a group of supporters who have no right to display such arrogance.

ODN was spot on in not allowing Essendon supporters to post in this thread & it should be the general rule after any loss to Essendon (fortunately there hasn't been too many losses in recent seasons).

This needs to go here, only because it comes from the biggest hypocritical farkwit on this site.

Suck it hard mediumsizered. Don't forget to save those tears once our players are found not guilty, as they will pretty much end the earth drought problems.

Except for the bit where Hurley went down back and destroyed Waite, and Jake went up forward and destroyed Jamison and Henderson.

Too right we'll push Jake for AA, as we will with Hibberd and Jobe.

Carlton however...............Probably Lucas seeing as he played better than Jake :D

Also the fact that Waite actually beat Carlisle for probably one of his first 5. When you get delivery of that nature, i don't give a shit how good you are, you just can't stop it without wrapping your arms around him and conceding the free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back