Demons set to plunder the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

The Heatley Stand, it's fair to say that you don't know **** about football.

Firstly, In comparison to THE SCRAPS, Melbourne is a prestige club. So much for the draft system comment, considering I haven't seen any of our promising youngsters showing the slightest hint of wanting to leave the club. The only players who left were money hungry players like Woewodin and Powell.

THE SCRAPS are a discrace and if there was a releagation system in the AFL, they would be playing in one of the lowest leagues in the country.:D

Can you please tell me some information on all 5 of your gun proper height KPP players??? I hear Mott, French,DeLuca and Angwin are up there with the best ruckmen in the AFL.:p You cannot compare those 3 duds with White, Jolly and Jamar.

By the way can you tell me anything about Setanta O hAilpin
apart from that hes 20 years old,Irish,195cm and used to be a professional hurler???:confused:

It's good to see that Brendan Goddard saved his AFL career and signed a contact extenson with the Saints. At least they are going somewhere in the immediate future. Now are you gunna say that Daniel Wells is a lifelong Carlton supporter and wants to join the club he loves?;) Or how about just saying that you are a bunch of loser supporters who live in a fantasy land and spend way too much time making your uneducated views known. You are only embarrassing yourself as you have no idea.:D

Maybe if you just admitted that your club is **** and is 10 times more likely to fold than Melbourne, you would actually get some respect. Iv'e had enough of all THE SCRAPS supporters bull**** about how they will become a good AFL side in the foreseeable future.

It's just not going to happen. More chance John Elliot putting on a Carlton jumper and getting a game at CHF.:p

I strongly recommend that you go back to the privacy of the Carlton board until you get a non biased idea about AFL.:D

You live in a bit of a ream world
I'm afraid to ask what that's all about. :eek:

Melbourne is a prestige club.

Based, presumably, on:
A) The 39 years since the last Melbourne flag.
B) The latest million-dollar loss.
C) Its crowd-drawing ability. (In Melbourne's case, this involves someone with a sketch pad or easel).
D) The spectacularly successful 2003 season.
E) All of the above.

Then again, the original definition of "prestige" was illusion. Or even delusional ;)

Ok dees best (except for the last 40 years) :D
Talls, Waite 192, Norman 193, Fisher 192 cms.Angwin 200 cms. (Would i prefer him over Jollie? `k`noaf!!(Please check those stats with the new club stats. Not last years.
Add Prendergast, Mott, DeLuca and O`Hailpin as you mentioned.
Walker has been measured at 190cms as of last week.
Thornton, Livingston, Fevola, Whitnall, Kotoufidis,Beasy,Bannister,Morrell all 190cms and over.
I make that 17 players at 190 and over. Sufficient?

As for your prestige, i think youre dreaming prestige. Melbourne is washed up , no supporters, no money, no premierships this side of a WW1.
Were you alive when Melbourne even won a premiership?
At least i can say ive seen 8 since 1968.Thats when we took your main man. Thats when Carlton turned Melbourne into the basketcase it is today.

Thats why you hate us.:D

Like i said the only plundering thats going on is Zombie, Bev and the rest of your board into your future.
Watch and see what profit we post this year.

Prestigious??? *LOL*
For Fooks sake !!!

Oh we took Barassi earlier it took us a couple of years to turn ourselves around from what was disaster.(We almost won the wooden spoon) In the end it took over 100 years to get it but anyway...back to Barassi. When he elected to leave Melbourne and come to Carlton it spelt the end for Melbourne.Hell even Greg Wells left you to win a premiership. Spalding is another.
Player after player having to leave the 'prestige' of Melbourne for a premiership.
Woewoden tried it but he went to a team that doesnt win premierships.
The moral of the story is leave Melbourne and you have an opportunity to be part of a flag. Stay there and you rot in hell.
Even worse theres no money there anymore.

I hope i explained about our KP players sufficiently :p

Yeah carlton really recruited poorly you supid IGNORANT *********. and what were we supposed to do??? We have picked up players who have POTENTIAL and are YOUNG.

oh and nice members, good to see you really get behind your club. Oh sorry you don't have many do you.

Great financial situation too, i mean that's why melbourne are STREETS ahead of Carlton in all area's.

as for KPP you absolute fools.

FB Bret Thornton: Young up and coming who will be better than any of your young FB.
CHB Anthony Koutoufides/ Karl Norman
CHF Lance Whitnal all australian who is a gun
FF Brendan Fevola 60 odd goals for the year in a team we had speaks for itself.
Ruckman Mott/ French/ Deluca/ Angwin. Oh by the way Angwin is getting his head together and training well, he'll be dominating the game along with Walker in 2 years time. :D

So i believe YOU are the pathetic scrapheads who should be relegated from the league.

Bad luck on not being in the competition for season 2005. :D

Originally posted by mightybaggers

CHF Lance Whitnal all australian who is a gun

Why ? Because he is shot ?

Ruckman Mott/ French/ Deluca/ Angwin.

Scarey Scarey.

That lineup doesn't exactly send shivers down the spine pf any other team you know

Oh by the way Angwin is getting his head together and training well,

of course - thats why you kept him on the rookie list rather than promoting him

he'll be dominating the game along with Walker in 2 years time. :D

LMAO

So i believe YOU are the pathetic scrapheads who should be relegated from the league.

And you have proved this by pointing out that Carlton have a bunch of Recycled players or injury prone's or players well past their prime ?

Bad luck on not being in the competition for season 2005. :D

Bad luck on being you

Are you guys almost done with this thread now?

Very poor post mate. You had absolutely NO comeback to what i just said, and what the **** would you know about the CFC Ausgard. You don't have a fricken clue about the situation with Angwin so don't go making assumptions that u have F.A knowledge of.

All you melb supporters think that Carlton are gonna be shizen in the future on and off the field, and Melbourne will rise.

Our onfield performances will be MUCH better next year. I don't think we will make the eight, BUT, we are rebuilding idiots. We have recruited 2 stars of the future one of whom already is and youthful players with potential and room for improvement, and to my laughter you say we have recruited poorly. :D......... and once again he SIGHS........

We are set to announce a big profit, a sponsor will be named within the 2 weeks possibly LG. We have one of the best coaches in the league and quality president with direction at the helm. Winning is a culture my friends and don't give me this **** saying it's not at Carlton. 16 premierships and 1 spoon is a winning culture and we are on the way up and it makes me SPEW when people say Carlton are a rabble and will not return up the ladder, just an ignorant, pathetic opinion with no respect or merit.

Have a look down at Optus Oval and you will see that excitement and the buzz down at the place. We have started to rebuild and injected talent and exuberance into the list. Now you watch us rise from the riddens.

Edit: Swear filter avoidance.

Originally posted by dees_best

Can you please tell me some information on all 5 of your gun proper height KPP players??? I hear Mott, French,DeLuca and Angwin are up there with the best ruckmen in the AFL.:p You cannot compare those 3 duds with White, Jolly and Jamar.

Why rate him as a dud when you've never seen him play? You might not know him, but that doesn't mean he's crap. Roo supporters rate him I might add. And Angwin has the talent to be a very good player. A 'dud' is a crap player; French is, Angwin is not and DeLuca hasn't even played yet.

Lamb is not a dud though Thawn.
We're talking Melbourne supporters here.
Nicholson (no dud)
Jeff Whites shins are great too.
Melbourne are the team to beat in 2004.
They have Sylvia and McLean.
Also the big coup in Holland. Champion KPP if ever ive seen one.
Turfed out of Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by lamby29

After all, we have won 7 out of the last 9 games against the Navy Blues.

After all, we have won 106 out of the last 192 games against the Deamons.

Stats are great, aren't they? One can use a small part of history to suit his benefit, but other uses the WHOLE timeline which is significantly more relevant and conclusive.

Point is, you do NOT have the wood on us. Good day. :)

Originally posted by Thrawn
After all, we have won 106 out of the last 192 games against the Deamons.

Stats are great, aren't they? One can use a small part of history to suit his benefit, but other uses the WHOLE timeline which is significantly more relevant and conclusive.

Point is, you do NOT have the wood on us. Good day. :)
In recent times, Melbourne clearly have the wood over Carlton.

It's fact. Live with it. You haven't beaten us since early 2000.

Originally posted by Ausgard

of course - thats why you kept him on the rookie list rather than promoting him

ahaha u tool he will be promoted just before the season/pre season comp starts!!:D :D :D :D

be good to see how effective sylvia is once the rest of the draftees get in a gym!;) :D :p

lamby lets face it mate, you are a flog.

If you want to look at history have a look at the whole timeframe. We have the wood on you............ rolled AGAIN

That was also a very good point from Bluemike ;)

Originally posted by lamby29
In recent times, Melbourne clearly have the wood over Carlton.

It's fact. Live with it. You haven't beaten us since early 2000.

Why restrict it to 2000? Why not 1995, 1986... 1945 or 1908? Fact is, either way, we have more wins against you and that my friend, is a fact. I'm taking every game into account... and face it, overall record far outweighs your 2000 - 2003 timeline.

We've still got the wood against you in your entire history, and that significantly represents a far greater emphasis on "having the wood" on a team. I'm not only counting recent times, but the whole bloody thing! So nah!

Very poor post mate. You had absolutely NO comeback to what i just said,

So the fact I commented on everything you said just pased you by huh ?

and what the **** would you know about the CFC Ausgard.

I read the papers, I watch the game.

I would think that gives the the right to at least have an opinion

You don't have a fricken clue about the situation with Angwin so don't go making assumptions that u have F.A knowledge of.

This is my opinion of Angwin.

Very good player drafted early and then delisted by adelaide becaue he was a nutter

went to Carlton because they were desperate and Pagan has a pretty good record at turning people around.

Still apparently had a lot of issues with Carlton players reporting in various papers that he was seriously messed up.

Probably was best on ground for the Blues when the got absolutely smashed by the Roos. Was actually starting to show something

Despite this, the Blues failed to promote him to the Seniors

You don't find this interesting ?

(on a side note - I wish angwin all the best in getting everything together and playing some really good league football - but calling him a future star is just a tad premature considering ...)

All you melb supporters think that Carlton are gonna be shizen in the future on and off the field, and Melbourne will rise.

How long in the future are we talking about - next couple of years I reckon they will struggle. 3-5 years time is too difficult to predict and could easily see the Blues rise up the ladder and if not press for premiership contention then at least press for a spot in the 8.

Melbourne are probably not that strong either - but currently I think they have a stronger list that Carlton.

Its not so much that I have a strong opinion of whether Melbourne or Carlton were going to beat each other next season, or your blind optimism about the chances of Carlton being a force next season but the fact that you went on an on about how carlton was so much better than Melbourne when you are quite plainly not

Our onfield performances will be MUCH better next year. I don't think we will make the eight, BUT, we are rebuilding idiots.

Nothing wrong with that - so are Melbourne to a certain degree

We have recruited 2 stars of the future one of whom already is and youthful players with potential and room for improvement, and to my laughter you say we have recruited poorly. :D......... and once again he SIGHS........

Poorly is an interesting term.

How about we say you traded very well for what you had to play with and I will accept that.

With regards to your stars of the future - I don't mind that as long as you accept that they are future stars - and especially in walkers case - not a star of 2004.

We are set to announce a big profit, a sponsor will be named within the 2 weeks possibly LG. We have one of the best coaches in the league and quality president with direction at the helm. Winning is a culture my friends and don't give me this **** saying it's not at Carlton. 16 premierships and 1 spoon is a winning culture and we are on the way up and it makes me SPEW when people say Carlton are a rabble and will not return up the ladder, just an ignorant, pathetic opinion with no respect or merit.

That sort of passion I can accept - but not the "Melbourne is crap we are better " stuff that you were coming up with.

Have a look down at Optus Oval and you will see that excitement and the buzz down at the place. We have started to rebuild and injected talent and exuberance into the list. Now you watch us rise from the riddens.

I will be watching with interest

:)

In retrospect I was probably having a go at you after you and the Melbourne supporter had been going hammer and tong against each other for about 20 posts so I was probably not getting the full picture

Originally posted by Bluemike
ahaha u tool he will be promoted just before the season/pre season comp starts!!:D :D :D :D

Why does this make me a tool ?

The question I asked was why wasn't he promoted straight away from the rookie list like Jeremy Clayton and Mick Firrito for North Melbourne were?

What was the Advantage that keeping him on the list gave you ?

Why does this make me a tool ?

The question I asked was why wasn't he promoted straight away from the rookie list like Jeremy Clayton and Mick Firrito for North Melbourne were?

What was the Advantage that keeping him on the list gave you ?

It has given him the incentive to train hard and stay out of trouble, and he knows if he does then he will get promoted.

Its very smart management as you can't hand it all to him on a platter or he may revert to past behaviour...this makes him work hard and keep out of trouble.

It's in no way a slur on the way he plays and you can't really use it as an insult like you are trying to do. He will be promoted before the season starts because he will stay out of trouble and this will all be null/void anyway.

Originally posted by la47
It's in no way a slur on the way he plays and you can't really use it as an insult like you are trying to do.

I have in no way cast any sort of slur on the way he plays, but surely your justification says there is some sort of slur on his character non the less.

It is expected of most players to give it 100% every time they play and every time they train.

It is a given.

But Angwin apparently requires more than this. He required that he was aware that he would be cut from the squad instantly the second he moved out of line.

Clayton and Firrito from North Melbourne did not require this additional "incentive" to perform but obviously Angwin did.Perhaps it suggests that even if he does get a 2 year contract or even a 1 year contract there is this fear he could slip back into bad habits and so he needed this sort of treatment

I would have thought that this would be a huge concern for blues supporters.

I would have thought that this would be a huge concern for blues supporters.

Not really...I just see it as smart management and it's teaching him not to take a senior berth for granted like he has in the past and from this lesson its thought he wont re-offend.

Simple really

I would have thought that this would be a huge concern for blues supporters

i'm actually wrapt not concerned regarding Laurie. He has trained brilliantly so far, and is keeping himself clean. An incentive is exactly what it is........ it is Laurie's first aim to get onto the senior list and he will be, as has been stated before.

I think its time for you fans of the SCRAPS to go back to ya trailers and go get a job. You keep saying the same bull**** over and over. By the way, you don't have more than 5 players over 192cm, so stop lying.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons set to plunder the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back