Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this simply a thread about whether DGB is any good, or is there actually some club interested in him?

Has shown flashes, not much else, still building his body. Not given up on by any stretch.
I'd take him , what would you sell him for?

I'd take him , what would you sell him for?
Way more than a club would be willing to give up personally.

With where we are at with our rebuild we are much better off just holding him next year and hoping he starts to deliver on his potential. Selling him at his lowest point would be silly

Way more than a club would be willing to give up personally.

With where we are at with our rebuild we are much better off just holding him next year and hoping he starts to deliver on his potential. Selling him at his lowest point would be silly
The issue is this might not be his lowest point,

If he is poor next year and is out of contract he goes for nothing/delisted Fischer McAsey is a prime example

If he is poor next year and is out of contract he goes for nothing/delisted Fischer McAsey is a prime example
I mean what is a club giving up to get him this year?

I can't see any club offering decent enough currency for us to be concerned about, if he leaves for very little next year so be it.

The reward of him being something going forward is far greater than the risk of losing out on whatever we would be offered this year in a trade.

And both WA clubs would throw him a lifeline when out of contract.

Both clubs have aging tall defenders and both need another tall forward.

Henry at Freo sounding like he is on the move this year. Melbourne interested apparently as a wingman and to help retain Pickett. Which is not why a club should trade someone imo.

The eagles youth really isnt as bad as people make out, we just cant get the senior guys into form enough to make the games competitive, to allow the kids to show their stuff. Cant expect a team with 9-10+ teenagers on the field each week to be very competitive in the AFL
9-10+ teenagers? What a load of crock. When Hawthorn flogged you you had 3 teenagers, When Carlton flogged you in Perth you had 2, even when Gold Coast flogged you in Perth you only had 1 teenager while GC had 2, is the last derby your average age was over a year older than Freo, you only had 2 teenagers.…. i could go on.
you can lie to your self all you want but but facts are facts and we will call out your BS.

Last edited:
I mean he's not completely lost yet given his age but any pick 6 whiff is a pick 6 whiff, regardless of who else you draft. Better argument might be just how terrible that draft is looking. Has potential all-time stinker on the cards
Totally our fault, pick 6 should always, and I mean ALWAYS BE TRADED. In over 40 years of the draft Jack Ma Rae is the only B+ grader or better to go at pick 6. Next best are players like Rohan, Wingard then drops to J Stephenson K Bradley and Myers.

Allen Jakovich was a pick 6 and a gun, but only played 50 odd games.

9-10+ teenagers? What a load of crock. When Hawthorn flogged you you had 2 teenagers, When Carlton flogged you in Perth you had 2, even when Gold Coast flogged you in Perth you only had 1 teenager while GC had 2, is the last derby your average age was over a year older than Freo, you only had 2 teenagers.…. i could go on.
you can lie to your self all you want but but facts are facts and we will call out your BS.
Noah Long, Rueben Ginbey and Rhett Bazzo were all teenagers when we played Hawthorn. Maybe get your facts straight when calling people out.

Chesser and Hough had barely turned 20 at that stage too in that game.

Jack Williams, Elijah Hewett, Ryan Maric are all teenagers and have been regulars for us this year too, plus Culley who was b22 before he went down with an acl.

Totally our fault, pick 6 should always, and I mean ALWAYS BE TRADED. In over 40 years of the draft Jack Ma Rae is the only B+ grader or better to go at pick 6. Next best are players like Rohan, Wingard then drops to J Stephenson K Bradley and Myers.

Allen Jakovich was a pick 6 and a gun, but only played 50 odd games.

There is a funny young fellow at Gold Coast called (Bailey) Humphrey who goes all right and was taken at pick 6.

What's the go with him? Just not big enough?

21 year old KPP who is best suited as a 3rd tall which is currently occupied by the best player in that position in the game.

Still not big enough to hold a key position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would happily take him at the Swans. We need a Rampe replacement and I really wanted DGB in his draft year.

Pretty sure he's not looking to move nor are we looking to move him on. Would be surprised but it will be a big season for DGB next year regardless of where he finds himself (hopefully still in the brown and gold).

KPPs take time but needs to start showing more than just glimpses.

Pretty sure he's not looking to move nor are we looking to move him on. Would be surprised but it will be a big season for DGB next year regardless of where he finds himself (hopefully still in the brown and gold).

Close this thread then?

I would love for DGB to come from Hawthorn as a bit player who is in and out of the best 22 and become a gun at the Swans in the mold of McGlynn, Kennedy and Buddy.

Noah Long, Rueben Ginbey and Rhett Bazzo were all teenagers when we played Hawthorn. Maybe get your facts straight when calling people out.

Chesser and Hough had barely turned 20 at that stage too in that game.

Jack Williams, Elijah Hewett, Ryan Maric are all teenagers and have been regulars for us this year too, plus Culley who was b22 before he went down with an acl.

so he cant count or what, or are you bullsiting

bullsiting
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports
absolute unit GIF

Given he is clearly out of favour, surely he would be best finding another club.

Given he is clearly out of favour, surely he would be best finding another club.

Not sure I get this line of thinking.

Changing clubs isn't going to magically put 8 kilos to his frame to play as a KPP or improve his tank to play 3rd tall. He's out of the best 22 not because of ability (or lack thereof) but because his body isn't AFL standard yet.

He's out of favour now but the club has big wraps on him in the future. No point to cut him now when his value would be at an all time low and he has stated he is happy to stay at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Denver Grainger-Barras [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back