Departing players and Best n Fairests

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends.

If you want them out to rebuild you get a premium.

If you are contending and you need them it isn’t good.

I for one am packing Bolton, Rioli, Bakers and Grahams bags and dropping them off to the airport. This draft is really deep.
Well their departure doesn't hurt as bad with those 2017, 2019 and 2020 premierships.

I think he was invited but didn't want to attend.

That said, we've had form with being bitter and unprofessional with players leaving. Gunston having his award taken away, Ricciuto having a dig at McGovern and Cameron (and had a stoush with Greenwood too), Tex having a crack at Lever saying he chose money over success (turned out to be both).

Thankfully things have died down on that front, but we haven't exactly had best 22 players leave in the last few years either except for McAdam.
I remember Ruccuito going on social media about McGovern and Cameron leaving.

I can understand crows fans bitter about Charlie Cameron leaving. No doubt a quality player. Crows hoped he eventually filled Eddie Betts spot.

Charlie Cameron justified his move in the end. He got a flag in 2024.

I don't have animosity towards Lachie Neale. Yeah he is south Aussie. But ironically it was a former crows person in David Noble that got him to Brisbane. Like Cameron, he was in that 2024 Brisbane premiership side.

Lever took a chance to join the demons. Turned out good in the end. He got a premiership medal in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Departing players and Best n Fairests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back