Other DeShaun Watson - Allegations of Improper Behavior

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to think Cleveland do much this season considering Deshaun’s suspension will be longer than the original 6 games + being in a hard division like the AFC North. Good time to be a Texans fan, they might have a handful of top 10 picks (one being top 2)

Yeah seems alot better misses over half the season and actually has to pay a decent fine. I think its perfect middle ground.

Pretty shameful from the NFL to make his return against the Texans. Making sure they dont miss out on the ratings. Shouldn't have expected anything less I suppose.

He was never missing a prime time game against his old team. NFL would never mess with the ratings to punish someone.

Yea I wondered why it was 11 games when I first heard, these longer type of suspensions generally seem to land on an even number, now it makes perfect sense, we wanted to give him 12 but we couldn't bring ourselves to miss out on more money.

I still hate everything about this.

I wish they still had 1-team game pass packages - if I weren’t expecting really exciting things from Philly this season I’d be tempted to sit out a season. The NFL is just gross.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Right Ok GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting point made on The Athletic Football Show podcast is that a suspension of 11 games might have been something the NFLPA/Watson’s camp might have been pushing for because it means that he gets to be on an active roster for 6 games - the minimum number required to get an accrued season.

So the return game being the Texans could just be a coincidence, or it could be because of what we all initially thought and be because they want the money…

An interesting point made on The Athletic Football Show podcast is that a suspension of 11 games might have been something the NFLPA/Watson’s camp might have been pushing for because it means that he gets to be on an active roster for 6 games - the minimum number required to get an accrued season.

So the return game being the Texans could just be a coincidence, or it could be because of what we all initially thought and be because they want the money…

There’s been a bit on Browns Twitter about this. From what I can gather, 6 games for an accrued season only matters in terms of determining if someone is free agency eligible or not. Which doesn’t matter anymore for Watson as a vested veteran.

Watson would have needed to miss the whole season for his contract to toll…I think. That’s based on my one day of trying to work out the CBA. Maybe I’m wrong, but I also suspect a lot of the reporting is lazy and looking for something else to complain about.

There’s also the 3 game limit for a credited season, which I think is more about minimum salary and super benefits. Again, doesn’t matter for someone on a big contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other DeShaun Watson - Allegations of Improper Behavior

Remove this Banner Ad

Back