Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If my wife doesn't already regret buying Destiny for me, she surely will now. Age of Triumphs, then Destiny 2 beta, then Destiny 2.

Lucky we have kids and therefore no social life. :D

So xbox1 players are getting screwed again in terms of ps exclusives...

as long as the guns are meh and not top tier I wont care that much. ( so more monte carlo than hawkmoon)

Was always going to happen unfortunately. Surprised Sony managed to get them for a year again like D1, thought they would be 3-6 month deals.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2017/03/28/destiny-2-teaser-trailer-secrets-analysis-and-important-details

Will have to copy and paste as the IGN embed is broken.

Destin must have been reading Reddit.

Kidd V is entitled to his opinion, but it is clear that he's only played vanilla Destiny. I'll probably be making similar comments in The Division 2 thread whenever that gets announced and I only played vanilla Division. His opinion is valid based off of his experiences but the game has changed a lot since then.

The Cayde-6 character was a big focus of TTK DLC and added a lot of much needed levity to the game.

Kidd V is entitled to his opinion, but it is clear that he's only played vanilla Destiny. I'll probably be making similar comments in The Division 2 thread whenever that gets announced and I only played vanilla Division. His opinion is valid based off of his experiences but the game has changed a lot since then.
Yep, I said as much a few posts back :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If my wife doesn't already regret buying Destiny for me, she surely will now. Age of Triumphs, then Destiny 2 beta, then Destiny 2.

Lucky we have kids and therefore no social life. :D

As long as you get all your shit done before you play and save the occasional night for her you'll be good :)

Destiny 1 was a disappointment. I see the post game defence being used a lot, you can tell me all you want that the first game infinitely improved in the post game, but that doesn't mean anything to me when I wasn't presented with all of that at launch. It's simple - if everything that made Destiny 1 better months and years later, is present from the start in Destiny 2 then I'll be interested. I don't have the time to get invested in a game, hoping that it'll get better down the line. The Division was mediocre, so I moved on. Destiny was mediocre, so I moved on. Fingers crossed Destiny 2 goes the opposite way.

And if it's not on PC they can GAGF.

Destiny 1 was a disappointment. I see the post game defence being used a lot, you can tell me all you want that the first game infinitely improved in the post game, but that doesn't mean anything to me when I wasn't presented with all of that at launch. It's simple - if everything that made Destiny 1 better months and years later, is present from the start in Destiny 2 then I'll be interested. I don't have the time to get invested in a game, hoping that it'll get better down the line. The Division was mediocre, so I moved on. Destiny was mediocre, so I moved on. Fingers crossed Destiny 2 goes the opposite way.

And if it's not on PC they can GAGF.

I've said it before that I don't blame anyone for skipping out before they got to the good stuff. Bungie bungled that and if people weren't getting enough out of it at the time then ditching it was a good move for you. I've heard people say you have to put in 30 hours into a game like FFXIII to make it good, that doesn't necessarily make it a good game.

The Raid was easily the best part of the PvE side of Destiny and Bungie made it far too hard to experience so a lot of people missed out. That's their fault and time will tell if they made it accessible for all of the people who didn't find that initial post game grind enough for them.

That's actually a good point. Destiny 2 needs to have, at the bare minimum, the same amount of content as Destiny 1 has today. Any less would be disappointing.

You're expecting 4 Raids for launch Destiny 2? Be prepared to be disappointed.

You're expecting 4 Raids for launch Destiny 2? Be prepared to be disappointed.
I don't expect it for launch but I expect them more frequently tbh. Raids are, by a monumental margin, the best part of the game, and yet I only did two of them properly because they stretched them out. There wasn't enough to sustain me in between the raids so I dropped off before I got to enjoy them.

Hopefully they'll deliver this time on what is promised, know enough people who will get this so I will as well.

Good man.

Quivorir , what say you? Get off Rocket League man :p

Good man.

Quivorir , what say you? Get off Rocket League man :p
I'll probably cave and buy it, especially after reading that they fixed the OG destiny. But man what they released was shit and they have a lot to do to gain my trust.

And I can't get off Rocket League, the quick 5 min games are just too perfect for me atm :p

I'll probably cave and buy it, especially after reading that they fixed the OG destiny. But man what they released was shit and they have a lot to do to gain my trust.

And I can't get off Rocket League, the quick 5 min games are just too perfect for me atm :p

Im a hack at most games and don't have the patience to try and perfect them, should probably have another crack at RL :)

The criticism is more than fair of vanilla Destiny though, like you, KV and others have pointed out, and people had every right to shelve it, but Bungie have made an effort more than most developers to listen to community requests, just a shame they released a bare-bones game to begin with on the back of a lot of hype. I think the hype leading up to Destiny was what turned a lot of people (rightly) off the game not long after release.

I criticise OG Destiny a lot but I don't think it was shit. You needed to jump in with a good crew quickly for it to hold your attention but the gameplay was very crisp from the get go, and there was a good sense of progression. Playing it was always fun it just didn't have enough there to sustain the non-addicted folk.

To be honest if you didn't find OG Destiny fun initially you're probably wasting your time playing the sequel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back