Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

And I gave reasons why GWS might ask for more than they have in the past.......you felt the need to use an oh so witty meme to respond for you.
It was an attempt by witt by yourself, a sook actually.

Free 1st rounders

The trade will be based on what each club thinks he is worth and what they can get away with hense the Bombers aiming low. Surprise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GWS should keep at Devon Smith to stay at club, he would get more game time with players such as Stevie J and Kennedy not being there. Pick 11 is bare minimum for a trade for a high quality player, 11 and third rounder fairer, as he is only 24 yrs old

GWS should keep at Devon Smith to stay at club,
They probably cannot afford him after signing up Kelly, Hopper and Whitfield again. Well not unless Devon wants to play for well under what he is worth. That is essentially why he is looking for somewhere else to play as he would be under paid and spending too much time forward for his own liking if he stayed.
GWS just accept the pragmatic thing is to let him go in the circumstances and will aim to get a pick close to his true value.

Devon worth more then stringer imo. Worth pick 14-17 easily

I would prefer Devon Smith myself but Stringer has the bigger name at this stage of his career even though his form is sometimes erratic. However Devon out injured towards back end of season and not back in side for finals will see GWS struggle to get his true worth in terms of draft pick or picks.
More likely to go for a pick in the 20's I believe. If Essendon get him for pick 28 will be a real steal.

GWS should keep at Devon Smith to stay at club, he would get more game time with players such as Stevie J and Kennedy not being there. Pick 11 is bare minimum for a trade for a high quality player, 11 and third rounder fairer, as he is only 24 yrs old

The PF is the only game he's missed in the last thtee years at least when fit. He was coming back from injury then. Game time isn't the issue. lHe's also been in our leadership from the dtart of 2016. No doubt we'd prefer him to stay.
Circunstances have meant he had to take a pay cut, and clearly he diesn't want to.

I would prefer Devon Smith myself but Stringer has the bigger name at this stage of his career even though his form is sometimes erratic. However Devon out injured towards back end of season and not back in side for finals will see GWS struggle to get his true worth in terms of draft pick or picks.
More likely to go for a pick in the 20's I believe. If Essendon get him for pick 28 will be a real steal.
He would be, but I doubt we'll do that deal. We've said first rounder and I dont think we'll drop much. 19-20 might do it. There's risks in holding that line, but we will survive a hit if it does become necessary.
Still think it will get done though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Richmond for pick 17 heard it here first

Richmonds salary cap is too full.

They would have to trade a player of similar worth or create space somehow.

Very much doubt Richmond will get him.

You realise there is no soft draw anymore for you. Prepare to slide.
They'll get a middle six draw, not the worst. I think they're on the up. I generally lije supporters who are bullish about their team.
But yeah
Top of the ladder a stretch.
I'm really interested to see if they continue with an aggressive attacking game plan. Seems to me a bit of a trend young teams do this, and become more defensive and percentage orientated as they mature.

You realise there is no soft draw anymore for you. Prepare to slide.
You do realize we had just as good a record against the middle 6 sides as bottom 6? Also, given the finishes of Essendon, Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood, the only real difference between next year and this will be that we have one more double up in the middle 6 and 1 less from the bottom 6.

Why would Richmond want another small forward? Especially one who doesn't bring the same ferocity and tackling pressure as the ones they currently have?
Devon is actually agressive in defence though. I sat right above the interchange gates at Spotkess fir a couple if years. One noticeable trait is he would come off very angry when we were losing. He's disciplined on the field but that anger was channelled into agression.

Devon is actually agressive in defence though. I sat right above the interchange gates at Spotkess fir a couple if years. One noticeable trait is he would come off very angry when we were losing. He's disciplined on the field but that anger was channelled into agression.
agree with this assessment. he plays with a good intensity for someone whose game is based around speed and attack. Has had games where he has put up some big tackle numbers.

Hoping we can get this deal done. I'm stoked he nominated us.

Plenty of money

Richmond have a spare $400k - 500k a year to get Smith? Very much doubt it.

According to most people following the trade period Richmond do not have a lot to work with Cap wise, coming off a GF win with bonuses etc paid out. unless of course they trade existing players etc.

Love that the bombers think they can offload Colyer for a 2nd rounder. And then use that for Smith! Dreamers or just think the footy world is dumb enough to go for it?

You're still very clearly upset Rockliff and Smith didn't choose you.
Also I think the obvious dreamers are Carlton thinking they can get Kennedy for a 3rd.

Richmond have a spare $400k - 500k a year to get Smith? Very much doubt it.

According to most people following the trade period Richmond do not have a lot to work with Cap wise, coming off a GF win with bonuses etc paid out. unless of course they trade existing players etc.
I think if Devon was willing to play firc$400-500k we wouldn't be having this conversation on the trade board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back