Diamond Valley Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey T.F.W,

I haven't any specific knowledge of the players you mentioned going bush, but I am certainly aware, that a number of the GVFL clubs are requesting "loan" of a few DV Boys for their first 4 rounds, with an "assurance" that they will be immediately cleared back once DVFL gets underway.

There is apparently some "incentive" for clubs to release their players on this short term loan, but I must say that I am very scepticle about this .

More importantly, A club may jeopordise its own season (should we ever have one), as it is very possible that key players could risk injury. And therefore I'm sure that too many clubs would not agree to it.

But Hey, for a couple of Barrells i have known clubs to lay down against opposition sides, so who knows ! !

;)

surely players wouldn't throw a game for a few pots, beer taste very sour after a loss:thumbsdown:

Hey Ghost Writer See what you can find out about Macleod and their Boom recruit for 2007. I have heard a small whisper that an Ex AFL player has signed there for this year. See what you can find out. Also what club are you associated with?

love the wisper but not to much truth to it.... i can believe that an untruth would be posted on BF, what is the world comming to;)

Hey Fig 9, your from WEST yeah? how the boys looking this year? its a pretty young squad?? how do you think you boys will go this year? finished off pretty well last year. Could say u boys were the best of the bad teams, but things looking up this year i bet, with morrison and smith there nugent will be able to run free, heard he's pretty fit 2, any truth to that. for one of the smaller ruckmen in the league, he's got a big tank!
Cheers Tradebate ;)

heard froma mate they are all looking really good! nug, fab and john running reallly well

a few of last yrs under 19s been training well too..dont kno names but

c how they go under new coach i hear

seen watsy train tonight & there were heaps of numbers on the track.
same prob with them though was not many could mark the ball or kick.
seems they could however move up the ladder.

seen watsy train tonight & there were heaps of numbers on the track.
same prob with them though was not many could mark the ball or kick.
seems they could however move up the ladder.

You must be one of the dv umpires that was training alongside us last night. obviously thats why your username is whistle blower. Now no offence but why do umpires need to run laps and train? Its a serious question, not having a dig, so I look forward to your answer.

You must be one of the dv umpires that was training alongside us last night. obviously thats why your username is whistle blower. Now no offence but why do umpires need to run laps and train? Its a serious question, not having a dig, so I look forward to your answer.

the DVFL has always trained its umpires to make sure they get away from the action as quickly as possible and let the players and home crowd umpire the game.

Besides at north they need flexibility and speed for can dodging skills, at eltham the rooms are so far away they need endurance training, at mont they need strength training to get through the crowd and at lalor they need quick eyes to see who in the crowd is using the brain for the day.

perhaps i was an interested spectator getting off the train & seen some familiar faces.
i thought the umps trained at the athletic track near sims rd complex but i could be wrong.

[quo.[/quote]te=Force;6884427]You haven't denied it so Im going with umpy

Hey Force, i am not having a dig either.
You have not yet denied whistle blowers original observation about Watsy and their big list / inferior skills jibe. Do we assume its correct cause it hasn't been denied?
I too watched Watsy early-doors, and agree 100% with WB abservation.

te=Force;6884427]You haven't denied it so Im going with umpy

You have not yet denied whistle blowers original observation about Watsy and their big list / inferior skills jibe. Do we assume its correct cause it hasn't been denied?
I too watched Watsy early-doors, and agree 100% with WB abservation.[/quote]
i tend to think that watsonia are doing the right thing and getting plenty of people at the club.its the club first and after that the need to worry about getting up the ladder. i commend the president and committee for getting the place buzzing again.dont be like your close neighbours and forget the home grown talent.success will come with a thriving club.and just in passing i have known the best skilled players on the training track step aside game day to let someone who really wants the pill. thank god for battlers.

I too watched Watsy early-doors, and agree 100% with WB abservation.

Well I can confirm that there is a **** load of top new players and I can also confirm that the guys who have been there for a few years re: " the battlers" are still there too hoping to get a game because they love the club. So we have plenty of good skilfull players but we also have those guys who aren't the most skilful still hoping they get a game. Most likely these guys probably wont get a game, but good on them for trying and we will keep looking after these blokes and pushing them so they can be better as well. You don't forget the faithful ones thats for sure. And what was it you said a couple pages back.

#NB - Saw Wastonia train before Xmas, and was amazed at the numbers. At least 50 on the track. Studied them closer and watched carefully during skills work, and it was apparent that not all of the 50 could play too well. Many were having a dip, but not quite polished. Numbers were very impressive, and no doubt through weight of numbers, they will be able to put a very good 22 together.

And that's exactly it. " Through weight of numbers we will put a very good 22 together." You don't just drop the faithful (battler) ones during preseason do you mate? If you can go and get more talented players and try and keep the numbers I reckon thats the best way to go. Go Watsy!

Have heard a rumour (not substantiated by anyone in the know) don't know if it is true or not ,that a few boys are going to play up country at start of season and will be transferred back once DVFL season. Players I have heard are Jarrod King and Daniel Moore. Apparently one or two others as well from North Heidelberg.

Anybody hear anything or have they still been training with North Heidleberg and is just another false rumour.
these are the two boys that scrapped leigh grey and saul caddy of the honour board arnt they? they have prob been told to go country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how bout you try and recruit some afl expierence down at bundy, you'll need it pal
in reply to that we think we have enough players around the area to win a flag, we would rather play our players from the u/19's rather than buy a premiership. we are not heidelberg

Did anyone witness an incident between a Reservoir Player and a Greensborough Player during a home and away match in 16 April 2005 which resulted in the Greensboprough player recieving a broken jaw and cheek bone. This is being looked at by a Sergeant LENIHAN at Preston CIB and they are after witnesses. This is exactly what we should be trying to stamp out of our league.
Maybe the new managment could borrow some cash from floydy and get every game video taped. This might get rid of the cowards.

in reply to that we think we have enough players around the area to win a flag, we would rather play our players from the u/19's rather than buy a premiership. we are not heidelberg

vinbitterqu9.gif

Bout time you fired up Force !!!!!!
Let's hope Watsy the 'Club' can give itself a better rise to the top than their last fateful effort during '99 - '00 - '01 seasons.
It was a loooooooooooooooooong drop down the ladder a few short seasons after that. 52 goal to nil score against Lalor, i think 3 yrs after they played off in the Granny. Lets hope the commitee - president and co that you speak of have already rectified whatever it was that allowed that to happen back in those years. No doubt the Hunter (s) and the Leeman(s) not to mention the Scooter(s) and the Roger(s), who no doubt are still around the place, will not want to see the club return to those dark days.
Best of luck to 'em.

Looker,

Might have looked a bit patchy when you saw us for one simple reason - I wasn't on the track :D

Seriously, there is enough talented players there to form a very competitive unit. An on-ball brigade of Marc Ventura, Trevor Little and Ben Parker will be a handful for any team, and a forward line with Shane Potter and Shannon Gibson will always be potent. I would say our biggest queries will be the ruck and perhaps a tall defender with the loss of Robbie Gittos to retirement. If players 15-21 can step up we could be right amongst it, as our top line players are going to be a handful for most teams.

And as far as the umpires training goes, I saw a group of about 10 of them chucking laps at Whatmough Park last night. Don't know if that's there "official" training or just a group of them doing a bit extra.

Bulls lose another one. Saddington now working for Whitcroft and as it happens he is going to play for him as well. Big loss, good kid, good player.

Bout time you fired up Force !!!!!!
Let's hope Watsy the 'Club' can give itself a better rise to the top than their last fateful effort during '99 - '00 - '01 seasons.
It was a loooooooooooooooooong drop down the ladder a few short seasons after that. 52 goal to nil score against Lalor, i think 3 yrs after they played off in the Granny. Lets hope the commitee - president and co that you speak of have already rectified whatever it was that allowed that to happen back in those years. No doubt the Hunter (s) and the Leeman(s) not to mention the Scooter(s) and the Roger(s), who no doubt are still around the place, will not want to see the club return to those dark days.
Best of luck to 'em.

I am passionate about my club! And that thrashing from Lalor was back in 2004. Great times!:rolleyes: That all happened due to a lazy board with poor management skills and no desire to chase sponsorship e.t.c. With the new commitee they seem to be very hard working and alot more interested in making the club successful as a long term prospect. All those guys you mentioned are still there except for the Roger(s), not sure who that is? But these guys are all keen on getting this club up the top again permanently!

Looker,

Might have looked a bit patchy when you saw us for one simple reason - I wasn't on the track :D

Seriously, there is enough talented players there to form a very competitive unit. An on-ball brigade of Marc Ventura, Trevor Little and Ben Parker will be a handful for any team, and a forward line with Shane Potter and Shannon Gibson will always be potent. I would say our biggest queries will be the ruck and perhaps a tall defender with the loss of Robbie Gittos to retirement. If players 15-21 can step up we could be right amongst it, as our top line players are going to be a handful for most teams.

What he said:thumbsu:

Saw Thomastown training again last night and they were at it well after I arrived at about 7.30pm. They were in the middle of a scratch match. A couple of guys of note: small forward pocket type player on the "green bib" side and one of the ruckman wearing a dockers jumper.
Will be heading out to see Creek train sometime next week!
Anyone know where the bloods are training?
Also, does anyone know of some alternative facilities where some of our umpires can train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back