Diamond Valley Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As J&B called earlier the new website has been confirmed finally, for those of you who don't already know check it out.

http://www.dvfl.org.au

A very big step up from the old one finally!! Got some some pretty handy things in there. Also interesting to see the clearances for each team are there also. See what players are going to which team.;)

There is not much in that lot now that Saul has had another change of heart. The only other decent player on that list is Proctor.

the big fella in the singlet with the bald head was a bloke called zeb fleming trust me this kid can play just alittle over weight and abit 2 many smokes but the kid can play by all reports his in 4 a big year also by all reports he cant wait 2 play lalor got a few scores 2 settle lol

News from Presidents and Secretary meeting last Thursday is that AFL Victoria will be handing over the financial records of the DVFL to a Senior Police Official for investigation.

It will be then up to Victoria Police if any criminal charges will be laid. The Financial Records will also be handed over to the Tax Department for reviewing. Will be interesting to see what both parties come up with and what will be the ramifications to the DVFL as a whole.

Looks like Floydie could be hit with the old double wammy, a criminal record, and time for tax evasion, revenge is a bitch

Lets hope there is no financial punishment for the Valley, and that any blame, or any financial punishment is focused around Floydie and the X- executive

Floydies going home in the back of a divy van

Well boys ill let you all know on big footy first up. I have just had the ankle done and dont want to play until its right. I've driven around to ninety percent of the d v grounds and 70% of them wont be played on this year. I cant see there being a season in the dv for the simple fact that there won't be enough venues so i will probably come back about round four and play with Port Colts their ground is spot on and then return next year to the valley. My plumbing bussiness has got me working ridiculous hours and i won't be able to train much but ill keep playing basketball its the best cross trainer you can do and by round four i should be fit enough to kick a ton for the colts.
Let me be the first to say welcome back Chops, where can l get on to place a bet on the 100 coming in the home and away season and from a bloke from the midfield

the big fella in the singlet with the bald head was a bloke called zeb fleming trust me this kid can play just alittle over weight and abit 2 many smokes but the kid can play by all reports his in 4 a big year also by all reports he cant wait 2 play lalor got a few scores 2 settle lol
You have to be kidding.... Zeb Fleming. You must be Zeb yourself.And he cant fight either, so it would probably be in his best interests to settle his scores somewhere else.... if he really had any.

Zeb can play, he just needs to get fitter and work on the amount of cheek he gives the umpires. Can give away silly free kicks and cost his team at the worst times. Easily one of the best tap ruckmans in division 2..when he wants to be.

DVFL WATCH - Went to see Thomastown train last night but it appears as though they have had to relocate training venues. Can anyone confirm this? Where are they training now?
Managed to see a bit of Diamond Creek training and, I must say, was very impressed. They were training on their secondary oval and their skills were very polished for this time of year. Counted about half a dozen big blokes that look like they can play and am not too sure if they are new recruits or current players. Obviously you can't base too much on a single training session but by all accounts the Creek's might be heading in the right direction this year.
Thomo are now training tues thurs at st monicas in epping. Was down there thurs and they looked pretty sharp in a short praccy match. Few big recruits could help them this year. Skills at this time of the year were looking pretty good

Under The Radar - Thanks for the reply. Managed to work out that Thommo had changed training days and caught a little bit of the practice match myself. Agree whole heartedly about what they displayed. Skills and fitness look of a very high standard for March. Must admit, though, their coach Dean Sinclair has been in a fair paddock!! Perhaps he needs to join in the drills with his players.
Dagga07 - Can't say I have heard of this person called Zeb. Did he train yesterday?

Moxy is it true you are no longer playing for Wallan? are there many others that have left? Have they recuited anyone new?
Unfortunatly yes Force (although havent been cleared yet). Decided to move a bit closer to home. I have my first little one due around the start of the season proper and the travel just would have been a bit too much.
Wouldnt rule out moving back to Wallan in the future, great club and a probably the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet.

I have heard that they have lost around 14-15 players from last years senoir side, although I am led to believe that only a few have handed in a clearance form. A few boys had come over with new coach Chris Watson from Whittlesea (staffrace brothers were two of about 6 others)
and probably the biggest signing of the year along with Brandt to Macleaod, Baker from WPL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomo are now training tues thurs at st monicas in epping. Was down there thurs and they looked pretty sharp in a short praccy match. Few big recruits could help them this year. Skills at this time of the year were looking pretty good

Not sure if the people writing about Thomo on this site are from there, but you are certainly talking up there chances. Who would these big recruits be who are going to take them to the top???

Does anyone know of any practice games this weekend and where they will be played?

We at Wallan travelling upto Echuca this weekend for a game. Will be intersting to see how we go with the departures we have had and to see how the new guys go.

The Broadford Football Club is seeking an opponent for a practice game on Thursday April 5th. The immaculate GVFL facilities at Kings Park in Seymour are available for the fixture. One game only with a kick off time around 7.30pm following Seymour training.

With the following day a public holiday, perfect opportunity for a hit-out, social get together and use of a top class venue.

Anyone interested please call Chris Nolan (0419363845) or private message me thanks.

Unfortunatly yes Force (although havent been cleared yet). Decided to move a bit closer to home. I have my first little one due around the start of the season proper and the travel just would have been a bit too much.
Wouldnt rule out moving back to Wallan in the future, great club and a probably the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet.

I have heard that they have lost around 14-15 players from last years senoir side, although I am led to believe that only a few have handed in a clearance form. A few boys had come over with new coach Chris Watson from Whittlesea (staffrace brothers were two of about 6 others)
and probably the biggest signing of the year along with Brandt to Macleaod, Baker from WPL.

Understandable, good luck and congratulations with your first little one.:thumbsu: Must say the Wallan blokes are a good bunch of guys to have a beer and a yarn with if the footy trip last year in the gold coast was anything to go by. Was looking forward to playing them this year and having a beer after, but it sounds like most of them have gone. Would it be wise to say they might struggle this year with that amount of numbers leaving?

Not sure if the people writing about Thomo on this site are from there, but you are certainly talking up there chances. Who would these big recruits be who are going to take them to the top???
Not sure about the top but they will be competitive. Few boys from lalor with some height will help and some young blokes coming up through the ranks with some pace plus the blokes from last year should be up there. Other teams to watch out for will include whittlesea, lalor, watsonia-if the season goes ahead!

Not sure about the top but they will be competitive. Few boys from lalor with some height will help and some young blokes coming up through the ranks with some pace plus the blokes from last year should be up there. Other teams to watch out for will include whittlesea, lalor, watsonia-if the season goes ahead!

No Macleod or Lower??? Interesting!!! I know Watsonia have picked up a few, but they would need to make a massive improvement to be up with the top sides.

Keep hearing about blokes from Lalor that Thomastown have picked up, but who are they? I heard Jason Pilakis has gone there. Anyone else???

No Macleod or Lower??? Interesting!!! I know Watsonia have picked up a few, but they would need to make a massive improvement to be up with the top sides.

Keep hearing about blokes from Lalor that Thomastown have picked up, but who are they? I heard Jason Pilakis has gone there. Anyone else???
Yeah your rite Macleod and Lower will be up there, i think that is just expected now. As far as the new players from lalor, yet to see their names on the transfer list so cant really tell if they are going or not. I think I seen Jason running around thurs nite, along with the Manly boys

Understandable, good luck and congratulations with your first little one.:thumbsu: Must say the Wallan blokes are a good bunch of guys to have a beer and a yarn with if the footy trip last year in the gold coast was anything to go by. Was looking forward to playing them this year and having a beer after, but it sounds like most of them have gone. Would it be wise to say they might struggle this year with that amount of numbers leaving?

It's hard to say how we will go at the moment this year. We have 3 practice matches in the next three weeks coming up so that will give us a better idea on how we will go. Not sure if he has signed but if Baker does sign with us that will be a huge bonus for us.

We have heard that Watsonia have picked up a few and look like improving from last year, but how are the other teams going that finished in the lower end of the ladder last year?

The Broadford Football Club is seeking an opponent for a practice game on Thursday April 5th. The immaculate GVFL facilities at Kings Park in Seymour are available for the fixture. One game only with a kick off time around 7.30pm following Seymour training.

With the following day a public holiday, perfect opportunity for a hit-out, social get together and use of a top class venue.

Anyone interested please call Chris Nolan (0419363845) or private message me thanks.

Sunbury Kangaroos have jumped in for a game :thumbsu:

Bring On '07 - I have made it clear before that my interest is in local footy full stop. As you can tell, I have seen a number of clubs on the training track this pre season and have rated each of them accordingly. No allegiances to any in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back