Diamond Valley Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the latest information on this issue?

Spoke to an old Fawkner player who`s old man still checks on things down there, he said that they have about 30 on the track but all is not good down there. The Reserves coach walked out last week because the President refused to discipline a player who was disrespecting him, apparently the players get on the track when they feel like it and walk off when they feel like. Would be very surprised if it lasts more than a few weeks in. Did here though that the guy who has taken over the senior coaching role is a bloke with the surname of Harvey, apparently hails from Nth Heidelberg in his younger days. Anyone shed some light on this?

have a few questions to raise here.
what happened to last years coach at fawkner park???
in last years desription of him they held high regard for him.
(perhaps his past is catching up on him /caught up.
the other 1 is ...how much truth to the rumour that watsy have done a deal with local real estate agent, for a slice of the big wire fence on the corner.
have it on good authority it cost 30k(the tenure im not sure on) perhaps SHANE you could elaborate for us mere mortals.
if that is true im also lead to believe that from last year being some 18k (black) it makes a tidy sum to attract players hence having a shitload of players trying to $$$$$ in on whats in the kitty.

Spoke to an old Fawkner player who`s old man still checks on things down there, he said that they have about 30 on the track but all is not good down there. The Reserves coach walked out last week because the President refused to discipline a player who was disrespecting him, apparently the players get on the track when they feel like it and walk off when they feel like. Would be very surprised if it lasts more than a few weeks in. Did here though that the guy who has taken over the senior coaching role is a bloke with the surname of Harvey, apparently hails from Nth Heidelberg in his younger days. Anyone shed some light on this?

Spoke to one of the players last Sunday and they have had 45 players on the track in total, not at one time. That doesn't mean they are all going to play. The Harvey I heard they were going to talk to was Brent Harvey's father.
Apparently they sacked last years coach who had been reappointed. Last I heard he had not been paid for last year but that may not be correct.
The reserves coach who left has been on and off at the club for many years and has left a couple of times over small issues.

bundoora today beating vermont by about 3 goals in a low scoring game.
looked pretty good with a few young guys given a chance and playing well,piggot looking fit at ff kicking a few goals.

bundoora today beating vermont by about 3 goals in a low scoring game.
looked pretty good with a few young guys given a chance and playing well,piggot looking fit at ff kicking a few goals.
bundoora beating vermont easily today we can't be that bad if we beat the reigning premiers of eastern last year? many players were rested as well

watsonia going down to macleod by about 5 goals today, big improvement considering they got done by about 20 goals last season i heard. the reserves also did well to beat macleod by about 10 goals.

any one know of any other results in this weeks pracy matches. results i know of are:
Mcleod defeated Watsoia by about 5 goals
Lalor defeated Buleen Templestowe by about 5 goals
Thomastown defeated Lower Plenty by about 10 goals
Bundoora defeated Vermont by about 3 goals
Any other results let us know. Round one not far awsay looking forward to some good local footy. Bring it on.

The Panthers had a good hitout against Airport West 21/4.

1s by 10 goals, 2s by 14 goals, 19s by 16 goals.

i would tell you who some of the better players were and shit, but i don't know most of them.

I probably should get down to training a little more often, Oh well.

watsonia are not going to be any good at all alot of there new players are players from club where they did struggle to get a game in there ones. the only good pick ups they have are gibson and parker but the rest are terrible. we would of beaten them by atleast 15 goals today if we had our full team in.. long year again for watsonia.

watsonia going down to macleod by about 5 goals today, big improvement considering they got done by about 20 goals last season i heard. the reserves also did well to beat macleod by about 10 goals.

I'm sure Watsonia will improve significantly on last season, but dont base your assessment on practice match results. Many sides are well below full strength and also use these games to give younger players some exposure to senior footy.

any one know of any other results in this weeks pracy matches. results i know of are:
Mcleod defeated Watsoia by about 5 goals
Lalor defeated Buleen Templestowe by about 5 goals
Thomastown defeated Lower Plenty by about 10 goals
Bundoora defeated Vermont by about 3 goals
Any other results let us know. Round one not far awsay looking forward to some good local footy. Bring it on.

Correction, Bulleen-Templestowe beat Lalor by about 5 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw macleod play yesterday, puffa seems overrated, just a fat heap who stands in the goal square, early days to be judging though, we will see how he goes round 1

saw macleod play yesterday, puffa seems overrated, just a fat heap who stands in the goal square, early days to be judging though, we will see how he goes round 1

Won't see puffa until Round 2. Macleod now have a bye Round 1.

Whats going to happen to the 30 odd blokes who don't get a game at Watsonia this season, will they all go and try to get a game somewhere or will they be happy just to hang around and watching for the season. Will be interesting to see what happens. Can't wait for round 1 to start so we can get a handle on how teams are really travelling.

Yeh he is a big boy and he stands in the goal sqaure thats where you have to ask yourself who is going to be able to body this brute of a man. He rarely drops marks and never misses i am pretty confident puff will kick over one hundred this year. By the way i don 't think your early judgement is going to count for much as he has been kicking goals for the last fifteen years he has more than proven himself.

Puffa is a league champion, who is going to listen to anything u say anymore u goose. puffa will kick at least 100 goals this year.

Perhaps the Watsy boys not getting a game should travel to Ressa and start up their seniors. At least they would be garanteed a game, seniors at that, every week.
Did watch first half of Wasty vs McLeod. Impressions were that Watsy had ok onballers, and they will improve once Chicken n Ace n junior scooter harris enter the onballer division, which will push their weekend onballers to another possie.
McLeod did not seem too flash(Comparisin to last yr). Did have some taller run like the wind guys, who did play well b/n half bk / hf forward. Puffa only had Leeman to contentend with. Leeman gave free's away at will, which made it terribly easy for Puffa. I think you make a good point Chopsewie, it will take another big man to cover puffa, thats where the advantage lies.
As for his never missing goal kicking, he does have a good kick on him, except for his 1st shot from 10 m out, slight angle. Missed.
Both teams seemed ok, but no where near the level that Lalor has showed their recent years when thy were sitting ontop of Divvy 2.
Richo pulled on boots for Watsy and played CHF. Did ok, taking forward ruck duals. Perhaps Watsy will soon discover he is a god player, maybe not a forward focal point. Did play full back at OP's. Maybe he will get Puffa next time round.

West Preston had a good win yesterday against Old Brighton by 3 points after trailing all day. They play Epping this week at home. There will be a surprise inclusion in the next two weeks.. Stay posted!

West heidelberg knocked off bulleen cobras in a six quarter game.

good effort from WH as bulleen did sport some decent ex valley players, including ex creek star forward pocket david speedie.

Also hurst beat panton hillat ressa in a scrapy game due to the weather.

quote:Both teams seemed ok, but no where near the level that Lalor has showed their recent years when thy were sitting ontop of Divvy 2.

Well Lalor must have slipped recently because to be beaten by a Divison D1 team in Bulleen- Templestowe doesnt indicate they're going to be anywhere near that level themselves.

quote:Both teams seemed ok, but no where near the level that Lalor has showed their recent years when thy were sitting ontop of Divvy 2.

Well Lalor must have slipped recently because to be beaten by a Divison D1 team in Bulleen- Templestowe doesnt indicate they're going to be anywhere near that level themselves.

As i said previously, dont make judgements on practice match form. We had about 10 players out of our best side yesterday (Thomastown were probably missing some also) and i'm sure Lalor wouldnt have been at full strength either. Can start making more accurate assessments when the real season kicks off.

Oh, another rumour as fact.
Big Red fella from Mernda will not be goin round this yr.
Maybe there is a club who can coax him outta r/ment with the $$?
But i doubt it. Would kick at least 80 in any div 2 team.
How'd he look last preseason at Bund boys? Noticed he didnt stick around. Did he not cut the grade, or did he just not like it at the ring?

Oh, another rumour as fact.
Big Red fella from Mernda will not be goin round this yr.
Maybe there is a club who can coax him outta r/ment with the $$?
But i doubt it. Would kick at least 80 in any div 2 team.
How'd he look last preseason at Bund boys? Noticed he didnt stick around. Did he not cut the grade, or did he just not like it at the ring?

yeah he wasnt going to be a definite starter in the 1s last year, played in the intra-club and showed nothing. maybe also did not like the hardness of training so moved on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back