Did Fremantle kill Basil's family or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Still had to talk about Natanui. Imagine if he kicked that goal Son Son did?

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

Dafuq? Bruce is 1000x the commentator than Snozil.
Bruce is brilliant in calling a passage of play.

You don't have to agree with me.

Bruce annoys me. Basil just seems to not be very good at it.

I don't get annoyed by Paul Roos either SHOCK HORROR!!!

I'm a firm believer that if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Just thought I'd put it out there that not every person shares the same view.

Don't get me wrong, there's not a day that goes by that I don't go to my cellar and insert needles into the head of my Basil voodoo doll, but he actually wasn't too bad today.

it's probably my fault.

Way back in about 1999 I was in the studio audience at Basil's Footy Show on a Sunday morning. He read a joke of the auto-cue thingy which went down like a lead balloon. He looked out to the audience for a response and looked directly at me. I wasn't laughing, but I was wearing a Freo jumper.

From that day, his heart was changed.

(Disclaimer, may not be exactly the way it happened)

I couldn't believe how many names he got wrong.

Memorable "bazups" today were;
Calling Spurr MJ
Calling Adams Hansen
Calling Gu Luke Mac
Calling Barlow Deboer

All in open play. Unforgivable for a guy who does it for a living.

If he ran a Deli you'd get a bag of Twisties and a sausage roll every time you asked for the paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What stuck out for me today was asking Tim Watson if Freo could win the premiership and when Watson responded with a ye, he asked him again and again and again each time Watson responded with yes, then finally said 'Yeah I think they are as good as any other team running around, they can match it with the top teams' (paraphrasing) and Basil responded with Really!?

.........Are you actually watching the game you're commentating Basil? Maybe he should take a rest from the commentary team so he can trawl through clubs change room footage looking for players he can expose to the nation.

Calling Spurr MJ
Calling Adams Hansen
Calling Gu Luke Mac
Calling Barlow Deboer

If he ran a Deli you'd get a bag of Twisties and a sausage roll every time you asked for the paper.

In the opening quarter Hannath gets called "Howarth" about three times.

Then Hannath's at the bottom of a pack in the forward line with only the "8" showing on his back and he gets "McPharlin". No wonder Ross subbed him. Didn't hear his name all day.

Continually cant understand him. Such a negative person (towards freo). He bitched on today about deliberate out of bounds time after time. I think Dennis tried to nicely put him in his place, but with a nose that big I think its taken blood flow from his ears.

I took it the other way. He didn't agree with the absurd 70m kick that finally dribbled out being called deliberate. For the rest of the game he was pointing to far LESS deliberate kicks and questioning whether they would also be called deliberate.

To be honest, I can't stand his constant barracking against Freo but I thought yesterday was one of his less biased efforts.

The deliberate interpretations are pretty shit in the context of what the AFL wants from the game - more attacking play and less congestion. A 50m clearing kick up the ground from congestion which goes out of bounds is more in line with what they keep changing the rules for. Meanwhile I have seen plenty of actual deliberate out of bounds, where the players have disposed of the ball directly towards the boundary line, not paid.

I was home sick yesterday and when my wife got home from the footy, I told her the commentary was the worst commentary in the history of footy. Basil and Dennis were dreadful, getting names wrong, going off on tangents, telling crap pre prepared jokes........

Just shit !!!!! Not for any anti Freo bias. Just awful to listen to.

Calling Spurr MJ
Calling Adams Hansen
Calling Gu Luke Mac
Calling Barlow Deboer

Dont forget calling Crozier DeBoer when he kicked to the advantage of Walters for the goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Fremantle kill Basil's family or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back