Werewolf Discworld Werewolf

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask @The Filth Wizard after he has a big bag of lolly gobble bliss bombs.

Do they still make those lumps of excrescence?

Filth does have a lot to answer for.

Do they still make those lumps of excrescence?

Filth does have a lot to answer for.

I mean how gullible are people and parents in particular. "Blissbombs are the sugar and cardboard equivalent of the Simpersons.

Alright, due to popular demand (or at least one person demanding it across multiple threads), here are my votes for the game. There were a few that went deep in the game by lurking, but that didn't warrant any votes from me.

3 - GREENESHOOTS - Really led the Assassin's Guild and got them into a winning position that even NaturalDisaster couldn't muff
2 - fumbler - A great partner in the Assassin's Guild and helped direct traffic in the game thread too, but might have come off a bit strong (which ended in his demise)
1 - croweater 41 - had a pretty good read of the game and if he hadn't missed the sped-up deadline, would've been instrumental in a win for the People of Ankh-Morpork

Also, if you enjoyed the write-ups for each player's death and the end of each phase, I can't take any credit for them at all. Like I said in the OP, I was going to use as much of Terry Pratchett's writing, because he's a fantastic author. If it has at all intrigued you to read some of his Discworld novels, there are 41 of them and i'd really recommend you don't start at the beginning, as the first couple of books are definitely not the best and his writing style and the development of recurring characters haven't really found their groove yet.

Don't be turned off by the fantasy setting, as he doesn't write 'serious' fantasy. He uses the tropes of the fantasy genre to parody it and just use that background to write about more universal truths. There are a bunch of books that focus on different main characters (e.g. Rincewind, history's worst wizard, or Sam Vimes, the captain of the City Watch, or the Witches, or Death himself), so if you read one and you like it, it might be worth continuing down that particular series arc. My suggested starting points are one of the following:
  • Mort - This is the first Discworld novel to focus on Death, who is probably Pratchett's most-loved characters. He is tiring of his job as the grim reaper and enlists an apprentice (Mort) so that he can go and experience human life, but never quite understands it.
  • Guards! Guards! - The first of the City Watch story arc, that features a lot of the characters that I brought into this WW game - it's about how the City Watch transforms from a group of lazy drunks once Corporal Carrot arrives from his adopted Dwarfish homeland.
  • Small Gods - This is a stand-alone novel about a god who wants to manifest himself on the Discworld, but only has one believer left. It's a brilliant satire of religion.
  • Night Watch - Another in the City Watch arc and my favourite book of the series. It goes back in time to see what the Watch used to be like (so it helps set the scene a bit), but I kind of wouldn't recommend it, because it's really good to read all the other City Watch books to lead up to this one.
So, even if the game ended up being a bit of a dud, hopefully it wins someone over to being a fan of Terry Pratchett, which is a nice consolation prize.

"Lights were going on all over the city, but the last few strands of sunset illuminated the gargoyles as they helped one another up the long climb to the roof. The Librarian watched them from the open door, while giving himself a philosophic scratch. Then he turned and shut out the night. It was warm in the Library. It was always warm in the Library, because the scatter of magic that produced the glow also gently cooked the air. The Librarian looked at his charges approvingly, made his last rounds of the slumbering shelves, and then dragged his blanket underneath his desk, ate a goodnight banana, and fell asleep.

Silence gradually reclaimed the Library. Silence drifted around the remains of a hat, heavily battered and frayed and charred around the edges, that had been placed with some ceremony in a niche in the wall. No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. Silence filled the University in the same way that air fills a hole. Night spread across the Disk like plum jam, or possibly blackberry preserve.

But there would be a morning. There would always be another morning."

Alright, due to popular demand (or at least one person demanding it across multiple threads), here are my votes for the game. There were a few that went deep in the game by lurking, but that didn't warrant any votes from me.

3 - GREENESHOOTS - Really led the Assassin's Guild and got them into a winning position that even NaturalDisaster couldn't muff
2 - fumbler - A great partner in the Assassin's Guild and helped direct traffic in the game thread too, but might have come off a bit strong (which ended in his demise)
1 - croweater 41 - had a pretty good read of the game and if he hadn't missed the sped-up deadline, would've been instrumental in a win for the People of Ankh-Morpork

Also, if you enjoyed the write-ups for each player's death and the end of each phase, I can't take any credit for them at all. Like I said in the OP, I was going to use as much of Terry Pratchett's writing, because he's a fantastic author. If it has at all intrigued you to read some of his Discworld novels, there are 41 of them and i'd really recommend you don't start at the beginning, as the first couple of books are definitely not the best and his writing style and the development of recurring characters haven't really found their groove yet.

Don't be turned off by the fantasy setting, as he doesn't write 'serious' fantasy. He uses the tropes of the fantasy genre to parody it and just use that background to write about more universal truths. There are a bunch of books that focus on different main characters (e.g. Rincewind, history's worst wizard, or Sam Vimes, the captain of the City Watch, or the Witches, or Death himself), so if you read one and you like it, it might be worth continuing down that particular series arc. My suggested starting points are one of the following:
  • Mort - This is the first Discworld novel to focus on Death, who is probably Pratchett's most-loved characters. He is tiring of his job as the grim reaper and enlists an apprentice (Mort) so that he can go and experience human life, but never quite understands it.
  • Guards! Guards! - The first of the City Watch story arc, that features a lot of the characters that I brought into this WW game - it's about how the City Watch transforms from a group of lazy drunks once Corporal Carrot arrives from his adopted Dwarfish homeland.
  • Small Gods - This is a stand-alone novel about a god who wants to manifest himself on the Discworld, but only has one believer left. It's a brilliant satire of religion.
  • Night Watch - Another in the City Watch arc and my favourite book of the series. It goes back in time to see what the Watch used to be like (so it helps set the scene a bit), but I kind of wouldn't recommend it, because it's really good to read all the other City Watch books to lead up to this one.
So, even if the game ended up being a bit of a dud, hopefully it wins someone over to being a fan of Terry Pratchett, which is a nice consolation prize.

"Lights were going on all over the city, but the last few strands of sunset illuminated the gargoyles as they helped one another up the long climb to the roof. The Librarian watched them from the open door, while giving himself a philosophic scratch. Then he turned and shut out the night. It was warm in the Library. It was always warm in the Library, because the scatter of magic that produced the glow also gently cooked the air. The Librarian looked at his charges approvingly, made his last rounds of the slumbering shelves, and then dragged his blanket underneath his desk, ate a goodnight banana, and fell asleep.

Silence gradually reclaimed the Library. Silence drifted around the remains of a hat, heavily battered and frayed and charred around the edges, that had been placed with some ceremony in a niche in the wall. No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. Silence filled the University in the same way that air fills a hole. Night spread across the Disk like plum jam, or possibly blackberry preserve.

But there would be a morning. There would always be another morning."

Thankyou Your Majesty.
Sitting back and watching how the game turned out i believe crowy was very good in his role, DERO once again made me laugh and really enjoyed some of the banter both in the game and behind the scenes.

Also would read again MC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back