Disgrace - MUST READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Larry6

Club Legend
Veteran Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2007 Player Sponsor Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2006 Player Sponsor
Jul 29, 2001
Dog Kennel, Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is Larry6's Younger son and i have a major issue to bring to light about a certain department of the Western Bulldogs.

My Parents have gone away on holiday and realised now that they have got my membership card with them. Which also means they have my reserved seat.

I rang the club on 96806100 and explained the situation only to be rudely given the answer "There is nothing we can do about it, looks like you won't be able to go", which was followed by the phone being hung up in my ear. This is the most disgusting display of Public Relations I have ever encountered.

If this is the sort of people that are around the club then it is no wonder that things are going so bad and no one wants to back us financially. If that is the sort of treatment they are going to give people after they hand over their hard earned money then i don't blame companies for not wanting to sponsor us.

Don't get me wrong, you would struggle to find a person more committed to the Doggies, but this has really shocked me and stuck a cord. It is a Disgrace!!!

Now that I have explained the situation is there anyone out there that can suggest how i can go about getting replacement tickets for this weekends' game against the Bombers? I rang Ticketmaster and the Lady on the phone was helpful but said that season seating is out of their hands.

Please Help!

Regards

Scott

Thats not good to hear.Everytime i ring the club they are always really nice and helpfull.
Did you try and speak to the ladys (oops or guys(i think adam still works there)) in the membership office, i know they are really helpfull, so give that a go.
Im not sure what will happen if you dont have your membership card.But good luck and i hope if you ring them up again they are a lot nicer.

Originally posted by Larry6
This is Larry6's Younger son and i have a major issue to bring to light about a certain department of the Western Bulldogs.

<snip>

Please Help!

Regards

Scott

Thats a nightmare Scott. I'd try calling back. If you get a different person explain the situation again and see if they are more helpful. If you get the same person I'd go for "Could I speak with your Supervisor or someone more Senior" that usually works a treat for me. :)

Scott,

I have just spoken to memberships as I have had a few dealings with them lately and they have been fantastic.

Please call and ask for Orla or Mary-anne and speak to them they are willing to talk to you and discuss your problem.

My Parents have gone away on holiday and realised now that they have got my membership card with them. Which also means they have my reserved seat.

I rang the club on 96806100 and explained the situation only to be rudely given the answer "There is nothing we can do about it, looks like you won't be able to go", which was followed by the phone being hung up in my ear. This is the most disgusting display of Public Relations I have ever encountered.

If this is the sort of people that are around the club then it is no wonder that things are going so bad and no one wants to back us financially. If that is the sort of treatment they are going to give people after they hand over their hard earned money then i don't blame companies for not wanting to sponsor us.

Don't get me wrong, you would struggle to find a person more committed to the Doggies, but this has really shocked me and stuck a cord. It is a Disgrace!!!

Now that I have explained the situation is there anyone out there that can suggest how i can go about getting replacement tickets for this weekends' game against the Bombers? I rang Ticketmaster and the Lady on the phone was helpful but said that season seating is out of their hands.

Please Help!

Regards

Scott

Thats appalling behaviour. Get the person's name that hung up on you and we should all email the club and voice our disapproval en masse. Should be sent straight to Centrelink and a training course on customer service.

when my mum rang them back she talked to maryanne and got no help. i dont know who i talked to as i was only on the phone for less than a minute.

dont know what to do because i dont want to ring back and get the person that hung up on me

Scott

Scott,

I think you should ring the club speak to either of the two people I have mentioned and you will be advise of your options as i'm sure they were offered to your mother.

I know it's crazy, but maybe, just maybe it's your own responsibility to look after your membership, not the clubs?

As for them hanging up on you, i find that very hard to believe. We have had nothing but perfect customer service from the membership department over the summer.

also for all of those that have read this thread please email Campbell Rose and let him know of this thread as I am sure you will get the the same response and explanation that I have.

I sent a email to the club 12 months ago express certain things regarding customer service since then the people that dealt with this complaint have left - but I have never received anything from this club but professional and freindly service - from the bar area to the membership department.

This business is on the up with their attitude and changes and I am sick and tired of hearing negative crap especially if it has been over exaggerated and turns out you have been given the best options.

If maryanne was no help - what exactly did she say and what happen.

Surely they have a better way of dealing with these sorts of things. If the tickets were lost then they would replace them. But they told my mum that because we know where the tickets are then they wont replace them. Even if we pay the full replacement cost.

Just because you support a club doesnt mean that everything they do and the way they go about it is always going to be right. In this case they are very wrong and i am sure there is a simple way out of it if they wanted.

I am offended that you think that i made up the fact that i was hung up on and treated rudely.

I have Emailed Cambell Rose in hope that it can be sorted out.

If the club really wanted more people to show up to their home games then they would have gone out of their way to help me, not hang up in my ear.

Scott

scott,

you are sooking because you didn't get what you wanted not what the club couldn't offer and then you post on here about their rudeness and all the other crap to put a negative reponse towards the club

truth is look after your membership - if I didn't have mine or misplaced it I would happily pay to go in to the game as it is a home game.

i wouldn't be sitting here posting half truths making the club customer service look bad for your mistake.

Grow up and take responsiblity for your actions - and blaming others

Surely they have a better way of dealing with these sorts of things. If the tickets were lost then they would replace them. But they told my mum that because we know where the tickets are then they wont replace them. Even if we pay the full replacement cost.

Just because you support a club doesnt mean that everything they do and the way they go about it is always going to be right. In this case they are very wrong and i am sure there is a simple way out of it if they wanted.

I am offended that you think that i made up the fact that i was hung up on and treated rudely.

I have Emailed Cambell Rose in hope that it can be sorted out.

If the club really wanted more people to show up to their home games then they would have gone out of their way to help me, not hang up in my ear.

Scott

To start with, i believe that you need a Stat Dec to get a replacement card if the other one is lost or stolen, thus meaning if you signed a Stat Dec just to get a replacement card, you'd be lying. There, one problem, one answer.

Secondly, instead of coming on a forum to winge and bitch and moan, why not call the people that hung up on you? "Hello, this is Scott, i'm not too happy with blah blah blah" Your first action was to complain to the people that have apso****inglutly no way to fix your problem.

You have failed to address the cause of your problem with the club and as such you have NO explaination as to why you were hung up on or dealt with the way you were. No one's saying you made it up, but there might be more to the story perhaps? You won't find the answer here.

Too many people are quick to blame, slow to praise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, i am not on here for an Arguement, why would i make up crap about a club that i have supported the whole 20 years of my life? i was treated rudely but that wasnt what i was complaining about, i know there is people in this world that don't know how to treat others.

All i was after was a solution, and why should i have to pay to get into the game if i have already payed out hundreds of dollars for a membership and season seats?

If they cared about the small people (ie members) then they would have sorted it out instead of just saying "looks like you cant go".

We have the Bar code's and all information off the membership tickets, surely they can just sort something out if they actually wanted members to turn up to the games not just hand over money for nothing.

I dont need to grow up and i am not sooking, just expected more from a struggling multimillion dollar organisation.

i dont know if you remember but our family was one of only a few that were willing to put money towards sponsoring a player earlier this year, so you cant say that we dont try and do enough for the club. If there were more people like me and my family then the club would be better off. So stop having a go at other people and start trying to help the club get more organised.

Scott

Look, i am not on here for an Arguement, why would i make up crap about a club that i have supported the whole 20 years of my life? i was treated rudely but that wasnt what i was complaining about, i know there is people in this world that don't know how to treat others.

All i was after was a solution, and why should i have to pay to get into the game if i have already payed out hundreds of dollars for a membership and season seats?

If they cared about the small people (ie members) then they would have sorted it out instead of just saying "looks like you cant go".

We have the Bar code's and all information off the membership tickets, surely they can just sort something out if they actually wanted members to turn up to the games not just hand over money for nothing.

I dont need to grow up and i am not sooking, just expected more from a struggling multimillion dollar organisation.

i dont know if you remember but our family was one of only a few that were willing to put money towards sponsoring a player earlier this year, so you cant say that we dont try and do enough for the club. If there were more people like me and my family then the club would be better off. So stop having a go at other people and start trying to help the club get more organised.

Scott

DON'T LOSE YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

That's all i have to say.

The club is organised - the problem is they are not organised to what you want

I have the same option for you as the club provided - get you Mum to post it to you - which I beleive was a option

IMO I do not beleive the money you put into the club gives you the right to have the club change there policies just for you.

Every company has policies and the club have stuck by theirs, you however are asking a company to change the policies to suit you and have come on here to complain about it.

you have two options which alao answers you initial question. Get your mum to post it or buy another ticket,

PS next time be more careful with your ticket

ITS NOT LOST, JUST HALF WAY TO CANBERRA!!

Also i am glad that you have plenty of moeny and can hand out $36 a seat times 3 to get into the game if you already have a membership.

If thats the case, you give me your membership and you pay to get into the game seeing you're so willing to hand out money to them!

We would gladly post them if they could get here by the weekend, which they wont. Post from Canberra to Geelong in 1 day.... doubtful.

As i said earlier, a large organisation needs to look after the smaller people too, if they wanted us at the game they would have gone out of their way to sort it out.

Our small contribution to the Club in your eyes is worth nothing then, why in that case have YOU bought a membership?

Also i am glad that you have plenty of moeny and can hand out $36 a seat times 3 to get into the game if you already have a membership.

If thats the case, you give me your membership and you pay to get into the game seeing you're so willing to hand out money to them!

We're on the second page of this thread, and if nothing else is apparent, it's that you don't actually HAVE your membership, which i'm pretty sure was your problem.

Don't be a ****er.

But we have unearthed a far more important problem here...

WHO TAKES A HOLIDAY TO CANBERRA DURING FOOTBALL SEASON??

I was just going to leave that after the first 6 words ;)

Don't be a ****er.

But we have unearthed a far more important problem here...

WHO TAKES A HOLIDAY TO CANBERRA DURING FOOTBALL SEASON??

I was just going to leave that after the first 6 words

Ok so im glad to see where you're priorityies are. Hrmm Best friend from High School getting married or one game of football.. good choice their PC28, no wonder you have the single minded attitude you have been showing on here.

When I first read this and saw your predicament I was going to offer you my AFL Club support membership - as I myself also have a memebrship and seat - so did not need the AFL one.

But after inquiring with the club and also collecting the whole facts and reading your initial post again - you don't deserve it.

you have come on here and complained about the treatment you have received and as it turns out you were given customer service just not the service you wanted - your were given your options and you didn't like them.

People can have there opinion but I do not come on here ask for help and say the club hung up on you and that Mary-anne was not helpful - when i do not beleive the way you have put it is all correct.

for this you do deserve this - you can't slag and put what you want on here, ask for help and then those that try to help find out that they have been given only half of the story.

for that I am disappionted in you for even asking for help, when what you wanted was a handout or a easier solution that getting off your butt and doing something for yourself.

Ok so im glad to see where you're priorityies are. Hrmm Best friend from High School getting married or one game of football.. good choice their PC28, no wonder you have the single minded attitude you have been showing on here.

When i was writing that post i was thinking, 'you know, i might have been a little hard on him' but since it's apparent you can't take a joke, then i have no sympathy for you.

i dont care about either of your opinions.

please someone who actually wants help me reply and not just someone after an arguement.

scott

Scott,

you had your options - you just didn't like them. Not looking for a agruement - I just feel if you are going to post on hear and state what has happened, you need to be more accurate.
Also scott when you get a chance to talk to your Mum ask her what she did? As i said I had no problem helping out another fellow bulldog member but have been disappionted in the way this has been advertised by yourself. If you are still interested in going to the game and sitting on the third level then send me a pm and I will see if I can get you a ticket with my AFL one.

As for all the others that read this and want to post their disappiontment in the club.

Make sure you find out the clubs policies and why they cannot issue a replacement ticket to him. I have done so and I am quite satisfied they have explained themselves well and the reasons for not issuing a ticket, as the ticket is not lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgrace - MUST READ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back