D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitefriars having a function Saturday night and would like to formally invite the Williams Town trainer.

North Old Boys vs Williamstown
Bulleen Templestowe vs Old Paradians
Old Geelong vs Whitefriars
Peninsula vs Parkdale
Banyule vs Old Mentonians

Good game out at the Junction today with Old Geelong managing to just hold onto the lead all day, occassionally threatening to kick away before the Friars got it back to within a couple of points but could never hit the front, although a very controversial goal umpiring decision apparently in the last qtr...

Good game out at the Junction today with Old Geelong managing to just hold onto the lead all day, occassionally threatening to kick away before the Friars got it back to within a couple of points but could never hit the front, although a very controversial goal umpiring decision apparently in the last qtr...

I can't believe it, Whitefriars get beaten and the umpires are mentioned. Greatest bunch of sooks ever, does it occur to you that you are not good enough. Thank god for Bulleen Temp and Old Mentonians otherwise you would be playing in d2 next year!!!

I can't believe it, Whitefriars get beaten and the umpires are mentioned. Greatest bunch of sooks ever, does it occur to you that you are not good enough. Thank god for Bulleen Temp and Old Mentonians otherwise you would be playing in d2 next year!!!
i agree TTP. Eddie, any chance of ever saying we were beaten without mentioning the umps or a decision?

i agree TTP. Eddie, any chance of ever saying we were beaten without mentioning the umps or a decision?
Hopefully it doesnt happen again this season ;)

But I notice the umpires probably alot more than most and am probably a bit biased against them having heard them abusing Friars before behind closed doors and know they aint the most well liked club

The field umpires today though were quite good which was a nice change, didnt try for any look at me game influencing decisions we are so used to

Hopefully it doesnt happen again this season ;)

But I notice the umpires probably alot more than most and am probably a bit biased against them having heard them abusing Friars before behind closed doors and know they aint the most well liked club

The field umpires today though were quite good which was a nice change, didnt try for any look at me game influencing decisions we are so used to
Eddie we're all biased on here but continual umpire bashing especially when you lose looks bad. They are d1 umpires. your gonna cop shit decisions all the time.

Field umpires were fine, it's just dissapointing when club goal umpires clearly cheat. He knows it, the club knows it, the Geelong supporters know it...EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!!! Not to worry though, there is no chance of them coming close to us on Friar park, so the score will be settled.

Say what you want about WF sooking about umpires...but if your going to do that, spare a mention for Banyule who are illeageally giving players jobs on the condition they play for the club (which has been admitted on this forum and is 100% against the rules). Thats black and white cheating, and if you bother reading back a few pages it was admitted. Amazed and disgusted the VAFA hasn't investigated!

Field umpires were fine, it's just dissapointing when club goal umpires clearly cheat. He knows it, the club knows it, the Geelong supporters know it...EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!!! Not to worry though, there is no chance of them coming close to us on Friar park, so the score will be settled.

Say what you want about WF sooking about umpires...but if your going to do that, spare a mention for Banyule who are illeageally giving players jobs on the condition they play for the club (which has been admitted on this forum and is 100% against the rules). Thats black and white cheating, and if you bother reading back a few pages it was admitted. Amazed and disgusted the VAFA hasn't investigated!

Permissible
Employment

Clubs, or any person or entity
associated with a club, may assist
with and/or facilitate a full time or
part time employment opportunity
for a player, provided the terms and
conditions of such employment are
consistent with current commercial​
practices.

Kruzer, this is straight off the vafa website. Maybe now you can let this issue rest. Every club in the top 3 grades and almost every club in d1 would have a player playing for them who they got a job for. Any club is able to get employment for a prospective player. Maybe now you can concentrate on whinging about umpires for the rest of the season.

[/b]

Permissible
Employment
consistent with current commercial

practices.

Kruzer, this is straight off the vafa website. Maybe now you can let this issue rest. Every club in the top 3 grades and almost every club in d1 would have a player playing for them who they got a job for. Any club is able to get employment for a prospective player. Maybe now you can concentrate on whinging about umpires for the rest of the season.

Totally owned!

The guy doesn't know the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

totally right a b c grades all offer employment or free schooling for there kids etc xavier which is over 15 k a year or else the tops players would play else where bad luck kruzer what u gonna sook about next week the ground.?
Permissible
Employment
consistent with current commercial

practices.

[/quote]

You just don't understand the rules. Banyule have recruited well and done a great job legally. Don't be so jealous.

You just don't understand the rules. Banyule have recruited well and done a great job legally. Don't be so jealous.

It's not legal tender when the player only gets the job on the condition he plays at the club.

Not jealous, just disgusted.

Banyule game aside, the Whitefriars players have been much better behaved interms on arguing with umpires than their opposition. Our players make it a priority to show the umpires as much respect as possible. Our good relationship with them was highlighted but the two umps out numbering the mentone players for a post match drink.

It's not legal tender when the player only gets the job on the condition he plays at the club.

Banyule game aside, the Whitefriars players have been much better behaved interms on arguing with umpires than their opposition. Our players make it a priority to show the umpires as much respect as possible. Our good relationship with them was highlighted but the two umps out numbering the mentone players for a post match drink.

In life, regardless if it is in Business, Politics or even Sport people recruit people with offers of jobs or other conditions and this is how we Humans went from being a little tribe in Africa to being able to take over the world.

totally right a b c grades all offer employment or free schooling for there kids etc xavier which is over 15 k a year or else the tops players would play else where bad luck kruzer what u gonna sook about next week the ground.?

Wouldn't hurt if some of the other D1 clubs pulled their finger out and got their grounds up to the standard of Friar park.

Would be nice to get to play on AFL standard grounds every week, not just home games. I guess when your paying players you have to make cuts in some areas though.

Kruzer maybe you and Eddie can take your whinging elsewhere, cause no one here is interested in your excuses about your mediocre football club who are destined for another disappointing season. Banyule recruited well and are better than you. The umpires try their best and Whitefriars aren't good enough. Bad luck! Stop whining.

I suggest you jump on a committee, read the rules and find out how it works. Banyule beat my team where I was President for many years in a GF last year so I have no reason to defend them. What they have done is fantastic. They have got their act together and recruited extremely well. If they are providing job opportunities for their players then good on them. They are a club on the rise and they are to be congratulated on the way they have conducted themselves.

I was at the Peninsula vs Parkdale game on Saturday. Very impressive setup there. Great facilities, plenty of room to watch the game on the Hill or from the grandstand. This ground is A Grade standard.
Too bad Peninsula were outclassed by the Parkdale Vultures, who seemed to be a lot TALLER than their opponents.

Wouldn't hurt if some of the other D1 clubs pulled their finger out and got their grounds up to the standard of Friar park.

Would be nice to get to play on AFL standard grounds every week, not just home games. I guess when your paying players you have to make cuts in some areas though.

It's a bit hard when 6 of the 10 teams play on grounds controlled by the local council and is therefore not up to the clubs on how council money is spent.

Kruzer maybe you and Eddie can take your whinging elsewhere, cause no one here is interested in your excuses about your mediocre football club who are destined for another disappointing season. Banyule recruited well and are better than you. The umpires try their best and Whitefriars aren't good enough. Bad luck! Stop whining.

And which football club do you represent my friend? Must be pretty good to so arrogantly dismiss Whitefriars without having played us at home this year.

Personally I wouldn't want to play at a club that grabs footballers from all over the place, gives them jobs on the condition they play football for their club (which is against the rules), costing kids that have been at the club their whole lives a game.

Hardly think slapping kids (that have played for your club their whole life and bled for the jumper ) in the face by wooing local footy stars and putting them in the team infront of them is "fantastic". And is the reason that I gave up my promising Div 1 EFL career. They just buy talent from the country, other clubs effectivly zapping the culture and the ethos of playing for each other or playing for the jumper which is what ammos is all about.

Saw the vultures play out there a few years ago when friars were in c grade. Was in need of an upgade cause it was in terrible nick then. Think it's a bit rich having a go at other clubs to improve grounds when in the end, councils decide their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back