D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit hard when 6 of the 10 teams play on grounds controlled by the local council and is therefore not up to the clubs on how council money is spent.

Maybe those clubs could give a donation to their councils. It must feel uncomfortable playing on our manicured ground then hosting us on below average ovals.

I imagine it must be like wearing tracksuit pants to a cocktail party.

And which football club do you represent my friend? Must be pretty good to so arrogantly dismiss Whitefriars without having played us at home this year.

Kruz

I love your passion for Ammos - should be more of it.
I also love your naivety.

Like my team, the Whiteys rely on good 19s coming through and getting jobs for the gun. We dont have 48 teams like some others, but you look after what u have.

Perhaps when your mob does that, you can play us again in the higher grades.

BTW, as a Carlton supporter, i should not be suprised!

Maybe those clubs could give a donation to their councils. It must feel uncomfortable playing on our manicured ground then hosting us on below average ovals.

I imagine it must be like wearing tracksuit pants to a cocktail party.

Last time I checked, city councils weren't charities. Pay them enough to use the grounds, let alone extra on top.

How about you pay more in council rates so you can play on bowling greens every week?

Last time I checked, city councils weren't charities. Pay them enough to use the grounds, let alone extra on top.

How about you pay more in council rates so you can play on bowling greens every week?

Well, you should see the Moreland Council's job on the Alec Gillon oval down on Victoria St, Brunswick!!! Although well overdue, the Gillon is possibly back to the best in the VAFA (top 5 surely) New lights up and from reports look great at night.

The NOBS played very well, second time ive seen them this year and second time they have played well, not sure what is the deal with them playing away.

A modern game is amateur football turning. They must have rotated greater than Collingwood through the bench with big blokes for big blokes and smalls for smalls - it looked spectacular and worked beautifully.

As for Williamstown, very disappointed with this Wong character - looked completely disinterested. Couple of their midfielders gave a fair bit all day but besides this didn't look like a finals side.

Time to reassess my ladder:

Old Geelong
Parkdale
Banyule
NOBS
Whitefriars
Peninsula
Willy
Paradians
Mentone
BT

after the conclusion of round 4, my predictions for D1 team of the year are as follows;

BP: Sam Kelleher (PV) FB: Darren Andrews (PV) BP: Tom Redmond (PV)

HBF: Mitch Grant (PV) CHB: Tim Boland (PV) HBF: Jesse Tobin (PV)

W: Daniel Price (PV) C: Paul Sullivan (PV) W: Steve Sullivan (PV)

HF: Claye Tobin (PV) CHF: Matt Ryan (PV) HF: Matt Hayes (PV)

FP: Sam L'huillier (PV)FF: Ricky Hayward (PV) FP: Sam Radford (PV)

Ruck: Guy Krilly (PV) RR: Dave Robbins (PV) R: Dez Haines (PV)

Rotation Station: Chad Ryan (PV), Daniel Price (PV) Tim Kight (PV), James Wong (williamstown)

your thoughts and comments please....

after the conclusion of round 4, my predictions for D1 team of the year are as follows;

Rotation Station: Chad Ryan (PV), Daniel Price (PV) Tim Kight (PV), James Wong (williamstown)

Vees love that although I reckon you got the final position Wong!

Very good call be you Vees UP.
Jesse Tobin on the back flank is a very good find, the young superstar is just finding his fitness in the 2s until he is unleashed in the 1's. Excellent defender who rarely gets beaten, with great speed off the mark and damaging boot. keep an eye on this kid for the future!!

Very good call be you Vees UP.
Jesse Tobin on the back flank is a very good find, the young superstar is just finding his fitness in the 2s until he is unleashed in the 1's. Excellent defender who rarely gets beaten, with great speed off the mark and damaging boot. keep an eye on this kid for the future!!

It's great that you've just discovered the internet down Parkdale way. Welcome to the WWW. :rolleyes:

Okay so that is Parkdales side what about the others, the likes of Banyule have been impressive and surely have someone worthy of being named. Even if it is only Conner for his effort on the Footy Show

you may need your glasses bombermania....if you read carefully it IS the div 1 team of the year....no exchanges needed

whitefriars premiers 2011 division 1 seniors and reserves,we have the best ground,the best facilities.so all you no hoping clubs with council grounds,head back to another league,your all no hopers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tough year for bulleen tempy i feel, not at their useral large home ground so stuck with a tiny ground and apparently 16 players are unavailable to injury atm.

Tomorrow's winners from Round 5 should be:

Williamstown vs. Bulleen Templestowe
Parkdale vs. North Old Boys
Old Mentonians vs. Old Geelong
Peninsula vs. Banyule
Whitefriars vs. Old Paradians

So, stay warm everyone ..... :thumbsu:

Parkdale vs. Bulleen Templestowe
Parkdale vs. North Old Boys
Parkdale. Old Geelong
Peninsula vs. Parkdale
Whitefriars vs. Parkdale

Good effort from Parade down at Friar park on the weekend.

Played the wet conditions better and with our inaccuracy in the second quarter they almost snuck what would have been a big victory.

Fantasic to see their whole team and many supporters come into the rooms after the match, many outlasting our players and supporters. But the best effort of all was the smoking hot blone that they bought into the rooms! Well done!

Not surprisingly Whitefriars winning correlated with good umpiring ;)

True but i was looking more at the top three or four than the over all comp.

the top 3 or 4 havent really played against eachother yet,
it will be interesting to see who will prevail.

banyule are looking like the dominant force at the present time, parkdale closely behind them.

some great matches coming up, which will determine who is the main contender for the minor premiership, they are as follows;

RD7 - Banyule vs. Parkdale
-Whitefriars vs. NOBS

Rd8 - OG's vs. Banyule
- Whitefriars vs. Parkdale

RD9 - Parkdale vs. OG's

Tips and comments for the following games please... :)

Do Bulleen temp seriously expect us to play on that back oval this week???

What a disgrace (matching their form so far this year!)

We are happy to host the game on the pristine Friar Park and not subject both teams to a ground barely fit for clubbies football. Might help Bulleen's skills playing on a half reasonible deck.

More than happy for you not to turn up. Not Whitefriars, just you!

Not turn up? Like what your clubs done every week so far this season?

Can we expect any heart this week? Or have the Bulleen boys already given up and too busy hitting up the buffet at the tempy inn instead of showing any respect for their jumper and giving a decent contest?

Do the Whitefriars people know who you are Kruzering and the crap that you're posting in this forum? Because if they do surely you would have been asked to tone down your pathetic whinging?

Do the Whitefriars people know who you are Kruzering and the crap that you're posting in this forum? Because if they do surely you would have been asked to tone down your pathetic whinging?

Bet he doesn't chirp nearly half as loud on the ground as what he does on here!

Keyboard warrior!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back