D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the GF yesterday but saw Banyule v Parkdale and also Banyule v NOBS. Going through a season undefeated shouldnt be underestimated, it was a great effort. Perhaps because they were so dominant throughout the season maybe some of the Bears didn't know how to react when they were seriously challenged and faced with the reality of clawing back a deficit and winning a game. In any case they deserve the promotion and should prove to be a tough opponent for many in C grade. Really looking forward to strong Div 1 in 2012.

Good quote Seagull. Just take a look at Caulfield who after being on top went out in straight sets 2 years ago, then finished on top and lost the C Grade penant and then finished on top and won the 2nd Semi to progress to the Big Dance.

Plenty of upside for Banyule (other than another piece of cloth to hang in the rooms)

Print the flag and engrave the cup for 2011. Address it to Gerry Green Reserve, Nepean Hwy Parkdale.

Heres some names for you
Grant, Radford, Irish, Haynes, Capsalis, Tregear, Conelly, Ryan (Back from overseas) to name a few. Its looking that good down there that I hear 10 Goal & Perrin might pull em back on too.

Rumour has it the Captain is already rehearsing his acceptance speech.:D

I hope you took my advice:diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond:

Choking.... interesting choice of words.

Parkdale yesterday were amazing, one of the best football sides I have seen in 20 years of ammos.

We are very proud of our performance at Banyule. We have gone from a mediocre d2 side to c grade in the space of 2 years. We are very young and have plenty of upside. Parkdale were too strong, too clean and way too good.

Interesting to see what will happen at Parkdale with Oakley now coaching in the SFL and a lot of others - Haynes, Robbins, Heywood, etc on the wrong side of 30.

Well done to Parkdale and what they have achieved this season and congrats to our boys on an outstanding season. In the end beaten by a far superior side.

Interesting choice of words ???? choking is exactly what happened

Any truth to the rumour the Parkdale and Banyule President don't get along?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark-Williams-6044398.jpg

Go the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back