Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2010
Anywhere
AFL Club
GWS
And so it begins again...

Finally found a copy of the TOTY 2011...thanks for all your help.

Team of the Year – Div 1
B: David Drapac (Ban), Darren Andrews (Park), John Gallivan (Will).
HB: Michael Christian (Ban), Sean Miller (O Par), Mitch Grant (Park).
C: Stefan Barbour (Pen), Colby O’Brien (O Geel), Adam Masters (Ban).
HF: Jim Kandilakis (O Par), Matthew Keown (NOBSP), David Robbins (Park).
F: James Wong (Will), James Coghlan (Pen), Adam Barclay (Ban).
FOL: Rowan Mattinson (WF), Zeke McCarthy (Park), Emille Abdullah (WF).
INT: Kyle Adams (NOBSP), Paul Florance (B-T), Brad Norton (O Men), Adam Oakley (NOBSP).

Thoughts?

And so it begins again...

Finally found a copy of the TOTY 2011...thanks for all your help.

Team of the Year – Div 1
B: David Drapac (Ban), Darren Andrews (Park), John Gallivan (Will).
HB: Michael Christian (Ban), Sean Miller (O Par), Mitch Grant (Park).
C: Stefan Barbour (Pen), Colby O’Brien (O Geel), Adam Masters (Ban).
HF: Jim Kandilakis (O Par), Matthew Keown (NOBSP), David Robbins (Park).
F: James Wong (Will), James Coghlan (Pen), Adam Barclay (Ban).
FOL: Rowan Mattinson (WF), Zeke McCarthy (Park), Emille Abdullah (WF).
INT: Kyle Adams (NOBSP), Paul Florance (B-T), Brad Norton (O Men), Adam Oakley (NOBSP).

Thoughts?

No spot for League B&F Martin Porter?

Looks like I'll be talking to myself this year! Maybe this will start some banter;

Who won your clubs Best & Fairest this year?

Give me something!!!

It will be interesting to see how the promoted clubs go in 2012 GE has a new coach and how many of their team back up next year ?will deteman how they go but they were a stand out in D2 this year
St Johns have done the double promtion they have a good set up going on
with a good commity that is backing the coaching panel headed by Matt Jones and Chris Cacha also their depth has improved with the seconds making the GF as well if they can recuite a tall ruckman i think they will be very competitive next year and will be looking to make finals

It will be interesting to see how the promoted clubs go in 2012 GE has a new coach and how many of their team back up next year ?will deteman how they go but they were a stand out in D2 this year

Interesting after some of the crap you sprouted on the D2 forum this year that you now appear to have a crystal ball regarding the coaching position at GE. At the presentation night held last night, I was told by several of the committee that applications for both snr and 2's coaches have not yet closed, so try to get your facts straight before your fingers hit the keyboard.

Correct. They have appointed last years assistant Brett Rowe. Wouldn't happen in the AFL. Senior coach goes, so do the assistants.

As far as I'm aware, Rowe was a very good player (VFL, Ringwood in EFL) but his coaching record may not be in the same suburb.

Pretty sure he jumped off Nunawading after coaching them for the 2009 season, which would be almost OK were it not to have happened in late February 2010, only 8 weeks before the start of what was to be his second year (they ultimately got relegated).

Now he's had one year as assistant at Ormond and seen them drop back down to D1.

Odd chaps, very odd :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I'm aware, Rowe was a very good player (VFL, Ringwood in EFL) but his coaching record may not be in the same suburb.

Pretty sure he jumped off Nunawading after coaching them for the 2009 season, which would be almost OK were it not to have happened in late February 2010, only 8 weeks before the start of what was to be his second year (they ultimately got relegated).

Now he's had one year as assistant at Ormond and seen them drop back down to D1.

Odd chaps, very odd :eek:
Whats odd, a club gets relegated and they change coaches. I hear that Rowe is quite popular with the players.

North Old Boys have recruited the services of Matthew Firman as a Playing Assistant Coach for the upcoming season.

Would have thought along with last year's placing this would put them flag favourites very early on....

North Old Boys have recruited the services of Matthew Firman as a Playing Assistant Coach for the upcoming season.

Would have thought along with last year's placing this would put them flag favourites very early on....

how bad is the spiel on their website?

Pumping up that they work in "wealth management" like it is some noble profession or somehow makes them seem better? If they were plumbers, would they have mentioned that?

not to mention the bit about them teaching the young players "something about life"...give me a break

Pumping up that they work in "wealth management" like it is some noble profession or somehow makes them seem better? If they were plumbers, would they have mentioned that?

not to mention the bit about them teaching the young players "something about life"...give me a break

As a supporter of the club - i appreciated the background on the signings. However, i do agree in part with your comments.

what does it matter?
by all reports the club is both proud and excited about the signings.
given that one of them has represented the country at an olympic games (and won silver) im guessing he could prob teach a few of the uni students more than just life skills...
not many VAFA clubs would have an Olympic Silver medalist playing? can only be a positive around the club surely?

I dont understand the purpose behind your comments, but going by you've said, maybe next time they shouldnt inform their members about their new recruits at all?

what does it matter?
given that one of them has represented the country at an olympic games (and won silver) im guessing he could prob teach a few of the uni students more than just life skills...
not many VAFA clubs would have an Olympic Silver medalist playing? can only be a positive around the club surely?

I dont understand the purpose behind your comments, but going by you've said, maybe next time they shouldnt inform their members about their new recruits at all?

An excellent response, of course the club is fully entitled to update their members and the VAFA community on events within a club.

Olympic medallists playing in the VAFA would be a fairly rare occurrence.

what does it matter?

Exactly-what they do for a living-why/how does that matter?

They even mention it is in "Collins st"

As I asked previously, would they mention it if he was a plumber?

I never said don't mention your new recuits(please read it)I questioned, I feel quite rightly, why we need to hear what street they work/worked in and what they do. It (wealth management) is mentioend in a context like it is something really important.

Sorry for a having an opinion!

Exactly-what they do for a living-why/how does that matter?

They even mention it is in "Collins st"

As I asked previously, would they mention it if he was a plumber?

I never said don't mention your new recuits(please read it)I questioned, I feel quite rightly, why we need to hear what street they work/worked in and what they do. It (wealth management) is mentioend in a context like it is something really important.

Sorry for a having an opinion!

You might not want to know about it, but people that are interested, but not involved in the club (like myself) do. And it may also be a way for the players to promote their business within the old boys network. The same way they promote other services (of players) and sponsors like accountants, salesman, pubs and yes even tradies.

I understand that the most important this is what they can do on field, but clearly they will add some things off it as well.

Looks as if NOBSPC arent mucking around this year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back