DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Beaten by 2 better teams were Ormond. Unfortunately, when a weak as piss club keeps accepting mediocrity and playing for D1 Reserves Premierships it doesn't give genuine Reserves teams a crack at the ultimate glory. OG need to take a good hard look at the club structure and culture. Going nowhere fast. Other than being booted off Como that is.
Great effort by Ormond to have 3 open age teams in GFs. Good turn around from the previous few years. And for our boys......
YOU F*CKEN BEAUTY!!!
And interestingly enough, the three teams that won yesterday (Oakeigh-Under 19 South; Old Geelong-D1 Reserves; Hampton Rovers-D1 Seniors) all used the dressing rooms at the 'ZEBRAS' grandstand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Beaten by 2 better teams were Ormond. Unfortunately, when a weak as piss club keeps accepting mediocrity and playing for D1 Reserves Premierships it doesn't give genuine Reserves teams a crack at the ultimate glory. OG need to take a good hard look at the club structure and culture. Going nowhere fast. Other than being booted off Como that is.
Great effort by Ormond to have 3 open age teams in GFs. Good turn around from the previous few years. And for our boys......
YOU F*CKEN BEAUTY!!!
Well done Mick, what a great turn around for your club after the last couple of years. HR were far too good, but our boys just run out of legs.
You are quite right about OG, what a pathetic way to run their club by basing their success on 2nds flags

Cannot believe how pathetic some people can be.. Getting three teams competitive and into grand finals this year is a success to me and a credit to us (ormond) for doing so. What ever happened to being gracious in defeat?? If you knew half of what we had to go through to get three teams let alone three that would be compatible mabye you would understand. I really do hope you feel ashamed of what you said.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the faceless sniper or drunks upstairs. I'm interested in the scoreboard shenanigans though. I'm pretty sure one of our old blokes was in there and I'm supremely confident he wouldn't partake in sledging the opposition or tolerate it from others (unless it was harmless banter and someone is being precious).
Any truth to the story about some unsavoury visitors to Ormond's after party?

Congrats to Hampton a fantastic year and well deserved the win. Well done to Orm as Bedford said they just ran out of legs, but at the end the 2 best teams played in the Grand Final with Willy just behind. Not sure if the drunks in the function room added much to the game in fact the VAFA should take a very close look at it if they hold finals there in the future. The barrage towards the young blokes was very poor. But that is why they are watching , either not good enough, too old or simply low dogs. On a positive note that number 4 for Hampton was terrific all day. Who won the best player on the ground?

Congrats to Hampton a fantastic year and well deserved the win. Well done to Orm as Bedford said they just ran out of legs, but at the end the 2 best teams played in the Grand Final with Willy just behind. Not sure if the drunks in the function room added much to the game in fact the VAFA should take a very close look at it if they hold finals there in the future. The barrage towards the young blokes was very poor. But that is why they are watching , either not good enough, too old or simply low dogs. On a positive note that number 4 for Hampton was terrific all day. Who won the best player on the ground?
Jay Ting won the John Manton Medal for Best on Ground, but in my view, Jesse Lovig wasn't far behind with his superb shut-down job on the best player of the finals up till now, Ormond's Matthew Robbins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jay Ting got the Norm Smith, p. By his own admission quite fortunate given he had meat cleavers on his boots on Saturday.
Watching the game yesterday the general consensus was "No votes" Devereaux was stiff to miss the gong. Probably goes to show how unnoticed he is given he didn't poll a vote through the season yet will go close to winning our B&F. On the day, I thought Corp or Pinto (#4) would be right in contention.

As for the barrage towards the youngsters; I'm sure if it was untoward and any of our people were in the vicinity it would've been made clear we don't accept or condone those behaviours. Plenty of supporters come out of the woodwork on Grand Final Day - particularly when you're warm favourites.
There was a directive from within about how to represent the club on Saturday and also where to position ourselves. The bar was definitely mentioned as somewhere we didn't want to be seen.
Not that we're washing our hands of the incident, but the p!ssheads are an entity unto themselves. No doubt there were VAFA reps in the vicinity and the club will get a please explain if it was deemed excessive and the offenders can be linked back to our club.

Uncle, I am fairly sure that they were not your regular supporters who have always been fairly good. I reckon Pinto was a game breaker and yes Devereaux does so much unnoticed work. A very well derserved win and a credit to all the good people down at the Rovers. Well done.

sharks-banner-vafa.jpg

Eley Park Sharks Football Club is currently seeking those interested in the following positions for the upcoming 2014 season:

· Senior Coach
· Senior Assistant Coach
· Reserves Coach

On the back of four finals campaigns and now promotion to Division 3 of the VAFA, Eley Park is looking for people to be involved with a fantastic young club on our journey up the grades.

After forming in 1992, the club have experienced the joy of winning Premierships in 1995 (Club XVIII), 1999 (Seniors) and 2013 (Reserves) but are hungry for more success.

We are located at Whitehorse Reserve (Opposite Box Hill City Oval) and also have a Club XVIII side which made the Grand Final this season.

If you are keen on joining a club heading in the right direction with a successful committee behind you, please send an application through or contact:

John Alexandridis
jalexandridis@sutton.com.au
0400 952 718
Applications close 25th October 2013

www.thesharksfc.com

Well done Mick, what a great turn around for your club after the last couple of years. HR were far too good, but our boys just run out of legs.
You are quite right about OG, what a pathetic way to run their club by basing their success on 2nds flags

Sour grapes Ormond. As I said before too bad so sad. Did OG play ineligible players. If not the have done nothing wrong. All you guys do is whinge. Go Rovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOU F*CKEN BEAUTY!!!

Don't think you'll find any club in the VAFA playing for reserve grade premierships over senior success. Shows that the club has great depth but is lacking a few guns to get the seniors back into the finals. Disappointing comments as we envy what HR and Ormond have been able to achieve this year.

Blokes like Leahy just happened to be right on the threshold for Reserves qualification? Named in the Senior team's best players in 4 of the last 5 H&A games. Not to mention the other handful that played 9-10 Senior games and enough to qualify for Reserves finals. Given the club's recent history of winning Reserve grade Premierships it's merely a coincidence? Something doesn't quite add up to me.

Blokes like Leahy just happened to be right on the threshold for Reserves qualification? Named in the Senior team's best players in 4 of the last 5 H&A games. Not to mention the other handful that played 9-10 Senior games and enough to qualify for Reserves finals. Given the club's recent history of winning Reserve grade Premierships it's merely a coincidence? Something doesn't quite add up to me.

When your seniors aren't performing you're more likely to have frequent changes to the senior side, hence a lot of blokes were back and forth between the 1's/2's. We won 4 of our last 5 games in the seniors, so we certainly weren't dropping players back to qualify them for Reserves.

Sour grapes Ormond. As I said before too bad so sad. Did OG play ineligible players. If not the have done nothing wrong. All you guys do is whinge. Go Rovers.

No more trolling, please, people here are too mature to take the bait and you're just wasting our time and your bandwidth.

Mick - Andy Leahy works for me mate. You are deadset wrong with this one. Didn't do a preseason, new to Oggers and had some injuries early on. Was lucky to qualify - but there was no rigging of it.

I reckon someone else nailed the Oggers. Heaps of good footballers ranked between 16-30. Just need a couple a stars and they will contend again.

As long as they accept winning 2's flags to measure success they will go nowhere
Where do you come up with this? Just because OGs celebrate winning a reserves premiership (like any club should) doesn't mean we base our club success on it. Most within the club concede it has been a disappointing year as the seniors didn't make the finals, however it's a great bonus to win a flag in the 2's.

Remove this Banner Ad

DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back